Profile for Mike D > Reviews

Offiial Star Wars Christmas Tree, Men's Sweatshirt, Black, Medium
Offiial Star Wars Christmas Tree, Men's Sweatshirt, Black, Medium
Offered by StarGiftscom

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 Jan. 2016
Perfect fit, I'm 6 foot and weigh 75 kg. Medium build and medium size was perfect, quality is good and the print has remained on after a heavy night of partying!

Mug - World's Greatest Bass Player
Mug - World's Greatest Bass Player
Offered by Chalkhill Printing Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Jan. 2016
Arrived in plenty of time and my brother-in-law loved it.

Annoure and the Dragon Ships
Annoure and the Dragon Ships

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 22 Jan. 2016
I've always had a keen interest in Vikings and Scandinavian culture, so this book easily grabbed my attention upon reading the description. It's definitely a period of time which interests me and the author did it justice with the great descriptions and a real sense of atmosphere and being there. But I think if this story was set in any era it would succeed, partly due to the strong, courageous central character of Annoure who never gives up. It's a touching story as well as a exciting adventure. Great read!

Ill-Fame (A Detective Harm Queen Novel Book 2)
Ill-Fame (A Detective Harm Queen Novel Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 24 Nov. 2015
This was a real quality piece of writing, with all the elements thoroughly researched and the storyline deftly woven together. I didn’t know much about this period of history where the book is placed, but I soon did and felt like I was really there. Enjoyable, accomplished and gripping until the end – a great read.

The Mysterious Island (Wordsworth Classics)
The Mysterious Island (Wordsworth Classics)
by Jules Verne

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 18 Nov. 2015
It took me a while to get into this and I think it is too long, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I think because I read this straight after Journey to the Centre of the World, the slower pace and hefty description threw me off guard. Still, it all came together great in the end and was exciting.

The Adventure of Stan and the Emerald of Foundation (The Adventures of Stan Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Story, 18 Nov. 2015
For a debut novel this is really good and I see a great potential in this writer. It’s very imaginative, charming and will surely appeal to the pre-teen audience. I enjoyed the fast-paced nature of it and particularly the high-fantasy elements, which is my favourite genre. I hope the author continues writing more and honing his skills.

The Color Before The Sun [VINYL]
The Color Before The Sun [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 10 Nov. 2015
I love it. I'm a long time fan of Coheed, ever since falling in love with In Keeping Secrets. When the first few songs for this album were released I was initially a bit skeptical but I can honestly say, after listening to it on repeat non-stop pretty much, it's an accomplished piece of work. Colors, Peace to the Mountain and Atlas are my favourites.

No Place Like Hell (The Hellhound Book 1)
No Place Like Hell (The Hellhound Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 10 Nov. 2015
I’d read a previous novel by this author and was impressed, No Place like Hell is a different kettle of fish but just as entertaining. It’s a credit to the author’s writing talent that she can formulate two different genres so well. I don’t read too many detective thrillers, yet I wasn’t lost in the plot and the mystery came together in a satisfying ending. I’m sure fans of this genre will really enjoy this book.

John Adams Sands Alive Animal Set
John Adams Sands Alive Animal Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 2 Nov. 2015
Awesome fun for my niece and best part is there is no mess. I think to max out the playability levels you'll need to buy more sands and other sets, but I think it's worth it.

Train to Nowhere
Train to Nowhere

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 2 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Train to Nowhere (Kindle Edition)
An imaginative and enjoyable sci-fi adventure which benefits greatly from a strong, descriptive narrative and the two contrasting main characters, Garland and Hedge. There was enough in it to warrant a re-read as I’m sure I’ll enjoy it more a second time, plus pick up on other things I may have overlooked. It’s well-structured, unique and knows its audience – an impressive effort and a recommended read for sci-fi lovers in particular.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19