Profile for Mike D > Reviews

Death Note, Volume 5
Death Note, Volume 5
by Tsugumi Ohba

5.0 out of 5 stars Slower pace, but still amazing, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Death Note, Volume 5 (Paperback)
The series continues with the introduction of a third Kira and the shadowy, evil corporation of Yatsuba.

I felt like this fifth volume was slower, it exists to bridge the gap and set the future plot for the rest of the series...I guess a book like this was necessary to inject new life into it. There wasn't much focus on Light, the first Kira, but I still enjoyed it enough to want to continue.

The Sound of Sirens
The Sound of Sirens

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 13 April 2014
This was one of my favourite reads of recent months, a really refreshing novel that kept me engrossed throughout.

I liked the writing style and David Carter has a unique way with words, his descriptions are particularly strong and he knows what to write without waffling on. The writing style, combined with well-researched material and a great lead character in Inspector Walter Darriteau made sure the storyline never lost its zest.

The plots and sub-plots are woven together in an accomplished manner, the sign of a great storyteller. Highly recommended to anyone who enjoys great writing.

Ten Amazing Fun Mini Games in Minecraft
Ten Amazing Fun Mini Games in Minecraft

5.0 out of 5 stars Adds hours of fun to Minecraft, 9 April 2014
I recently got into Minecraft and I’m glad I did because I love the game. I can spend hours just creating my world but this book revealed to me countless hours of fun elsewhere with the mini-games it describes. It’s well-written: concise, clear and the mix of mini-games are varied enough to keep everything fresh and exciting.

Plus, all the pictures in it are neatly aligned and easy to see. I think my favourite mini-games are Bomberman, Wipeout and Capture the Tower.

I highly recommend if you enjoy Minecraft and want to explore new things to do, and talk about them/participate in with your friends.

Rust: A Beginner's Guide
Rust: A Beginner's Guide

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide to a promising new game, 9 April 2014
This was a great guide. It was well-written and well-formatted for my Kindle. I’ve read a lot of strategy guides and walkthroughs through my gaming years and this was up there with the best.

As a big fan of Minecraft I’m always looking for other games to explore on Steam and I’ll be checking out
Rust, because it’s certainly something I want to play now and I think I’ll enjoy.

I will also be sharing and recommending this to my friends on Steam.

I look forward to more by this gaming author.

Power Games: Operation Enduring Unity I: The Second Civil War
Power Games: Operation Enduring Unity I: The Second Civil War

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 3 April 2014
A book like this one benefits massively from the author’s first-hand experience, but it takes a talented writer to be able to translate this experience into words – and Richard Peters does that effectively and effortlessly. This is a fantastic debut novel: fast-paced, full of action, political turmoil and intelligent plots. It’s well-formatted and I really like the book cover as well. I think this could easily adapt to the big screen or a TV series – and I’d love to watch it. An impressive book that is well worth checking out.

Revenge
Revenge

5.0 out of 5 stars Great thriller, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
This was an absorbing thriller focusing on Tom, just a normal guy who has his life turned upside down after saving an American actress. This was quality writing and the fast-paced plot was woven together skilfully, and for me, it was up there with the best thrillers I have read by the big names. But what most impressed was that it was always grounded in reality: believable characters and action scenes as well as the way the storyline unfolded. I think Bill Ward is a talented writer and I look forward to more of his work.

The White Light
The White Light

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 1 April 2014
This review is from: The White Light (Kindle Edition)
I really liked the concept of this book and the originality of the storyline. I enjoyed reading about Toni and Tessie and their development, while the story threw in another curveballs to keep the plot fresh, unexpected and exciting. This was an intriguing and ultimately, rewarding book.

The Mysterious Mystery
The Mysterious Mystery

4.0 out of 5 stars solid mystery, 1 April 2014
Anyone who enjoys a good mystery will like this book, it has all the elements of a great read: plot twists, well-developed characters and decent pacing. I didn't have a clue as to `whodunit' until the end which obviously kept me turning the pages at a steady rate. A solid read.

Travel Adapter EUROPE Multi Extension 2 Pin Earthed Plug 4 UK Sockets Moulded Schuko Type F Plug 1.5m Flex VDE & CE Certified
Offered by Traveldapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 1 April 2014
After moving to Europe recently I needed an adaptor to fit all my electronics into and this suited my needs perfectly. I've had it for a year now and no problems whatsoever. worth the price!

International Health and Safety at Work: The Handbook for the NEBOSH International General Certificate
by Phil Hughes

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, 1 April 2014
This book has everything you need if you want to sit the IGC exam, it's certainly worth the price tag but it is quite dry to study on your own, although it is packed full of everything required for the exam: pictures, tables, charts, lists.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17