Profile for H. E. Bell > Reviews

Ride This Train
Ride This Train
Offered by nagiry

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia first class, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Ride This Train (Audio CD)
Way back in the 1970's my mum bought this LP for my dad for his birthday. It got played a lot. Over the years they moved back to USA for a few years before returning to UK. I saw this CD and ordered it for my mum. My dad died about 10 years ago and so my mum was made up when she saw we could buy this off Amazon. It has brought back some great memories.

Thanks amazon for bringing the memory of the good times back, for us both.

Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes (Rose Gardner Mystery Book 1)
Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes (Rose Gardner Mystery Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny detective book, 25 Mar 2014
I'm not very good at lasting the distance with books, if they don't entertain, or intrigue me. I really enjoyed this book so much I wondered how it could possibly be free. Will look out for more of her books, and would pay for them too.

Pendeford Housewares 1  Litre/ 1.7 Pint 6 Cup Tea Pot
Pendeford Housewares 1 Litre/ 1.7 Pint 6 Cup Tea Pot

4.0 out of 5 stars Teapot, 25 Mar 2014
Bought this for son, who lives in South Korea and misses his English tea. Good price. I ordered it to go to S Korea, which it did arrive.

Pop Up Portable Mini Travel II Capsule Rechargeable Speaker For Iphone 5, iPod, Ipad and MP3 Players
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for music onthe go, 25 Mar 2014
I did my research into MP3 speakers and was persuaded by the reviews. I have a Samsung YP-U6 mp3 player which suits my limited taste, time and opportunity to play music. Great for own personal disco in kitchen. In bedroom, where I do the ironing. On holiday is good too.

TeckNet@ Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover/Case With 2 Kindle Screen Protectors & Built-in Magnet for Sleep/Wake Feature - Pink
Offered by TECKNET

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle magnetic clasp cover, 25 Mar 2014
I searched long and hard for a suitable cover at a competitive price and this is near perfect. The kindle slides into the case from the bottom and has the appropriate openings to you can easily connect leads to charge up to the pc or wherever without removing the kindle. It is my favourite colour - being a stereotypical girl. ( sigh! - I know)

Nightwatch: A Practical Guide to Viewing the Universe
Nightwatch: A Practical Guide to Viewing the Universe
by Terence Dickinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Nightwatch: A practical guide to viewing the universe, 13 April 2009
I have had this book for some 3 weeks now. I am still find it amazing. I first came across this book when on holiday in Oz. A receptionist had it on display, amongst other stargazing books. She did demonstrations for hotel visitors and gave a fasinating talk, and view through a telescope of the stars. I am thinking of buying another one, for my mother. The book is well written and not much maths in it, (thank goodness). It is very easy to understand and, at the same time, causes your brain to 'stretch' as you try to conceptualise the vastness of it all. Brilliant.

Haden 10047 300 ml Capacity Mini Food Chopper
Haden 10047 300 ml Capacity Mini Food Chopper
Offered by Luzern

1.0 out of 5 stars great while it lasted!! twice!!, 12 April 2008
I bought this item from a supermarket and I used it twice for chopping onions - ideal. It packed up and wouldn't chop. No problem getting a refund, but they sold out and was unable to get another - sold out. I would buy a similar product, but not one so cheap, as it may be more reliable.