Profile for Philip Mader-Grayson > Reviews

Content by Philip Mader-G...

Philip Mader-Grayson

Blue Sky God: The Evolution of Science and Christianity
Blue Sky God: The Evolution of Science and Christianity

4.0 out of 5 stars fascinating, inspiring and challenging., 22 Sep 2014
Being only a sixth form scientist and graduate engineer of the 1970s, most of the science of this book was entirely new to me. However, I felt I was given enough information to understand the concepts and so follow the argument. To say I was wholly convinced would be to stretch a point but I found it all very compelling. The translation of the science to the interpretation of spiritual and Christian practices and experience I found profoundly inspiring. It is true to say it has re-invigorated my prayer life and inspired new determination to persevere with contemplative prayer, intercessory prayer and prayer for healing.
I attended a talk last Saturday by Andrew Briggs "How science can strengthen faith" and I believe that this book is a prime example of this principle. Whilst some of the hypotheses explored in this book may eventually prove to be naive they certainly bear consideration and invite deep discussion.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone with an inquisitive mind, a scientific bent, no matter how slight, and a passion to explore, experience and engage with the divine, however they define that ultimate spiritual reality.

Immortal Diamond: The search for our true self
Immortal Diamond: The search for our true self

5.0 out of 5 stars indescribably good., 7 July 2014
Fr Richard put into words truths that seem obvious once he has said them. This is a great encourage and challenge to me to seek and strive for these truths to be a reality in my life.

The Enneagram: A Christian Perspective
The Enneagram: A Christian Perspective
by Richard Rohr

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 11 Jun 2014
Like all that Richard Rohr writes this book is first class, stimulating, incisive, enlightening. I would recommend it to anyone who is serious about really living life to the full and wrestling with the deep mysteries of human nature, the world and God.

chrome cistern toilet lever grab handle nostalgia conical flush metal plated 88
chrome cistern toilet lever grab handle nostalgia conical flush metal plated 88
Offered by FixTheBog

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 11 Jun 2014
No problems, works fine. I find it very difficult to sing loud praises for a toilet flush handle. It works, what more can I say.