Profile for Nooka > Reviews

Content by Nooka

Nooka "LMS" (York, England)

World War One: History in an Hour
World War One: History in an Hour

4.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to the subject, 29 Jan. 2014
This is a good introduction, it covers most of the main points. Obviously it's not going to go into too much detail, the title kind of gives that away! If you're looking for an overview or just something to get you started before going into more detail, then this is the book for you!

Family Farm Seaside
Family Farm Seaside

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Family Farm Seaside (App)
Love the game, it's really addictive!

Unfortunately it freezes and closes whenever I add rice to the mill and this morning it told me that it needed an update, but there doesn't seem to be one available? I think Amazon need to look into this!

Nescafe Dolce Gusto Variety Pack, 1 x each 27 Flavours
Nescafe Dolce Gusto Variety Pack, 1 x each 27 Flavours
Offered by StormBrew

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic idea!, 17 Sept. 2013
It's a great way to try all of the range, you get one serving of each. I think it's a great idea if you're new to the machine and you're not too sure what you'd like and it's a reasonable price too :-)

Paramore
Paramore

4.0 out of 5 stars It's not too bad, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Paramore (Audio CD)
The first few tracks are, quite frankly, rubbish! It's like they're trying too hard to show that they've progressed since their previous albums. However, from track 6 onwards, the album is pretty good :-) Paramore have changed, for certain, but who wants the same old stuff on a different album anyway?

Give it a go folks!

Red
Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing!, 22 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Red (Audio CD)
I was prepared for a let down after hearing 'We are never ever getting back together' but wow. Just Wow. This album has got to be the best one out of the lot in my opinion! It's got a lot of catchy pop tracks but there are Swift classics in there too, it just all seems to work perfectly!

One thing I'd say is that 'The Last Time' is pretty much a Snow Patrol track, but it's still pretty good (then again I do like Snow Patrol).

I'd completely recommend this album it's epic!

The Invisible Ones
The Invisible Ones
by Stef Penney

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, but..., 6 Sept. 2012
This review is from: The Invisible Ones (Paperback)
I've given this three star on account of the ending which didn't really tie up many loose ends for me, it feels like there's more to come if you know what I mean!

Other than that I really enjoyed the read, I couldn't put it down and I really wanted to know what happened next! Some things really took me by surprise, it's just a shame that the ending leaves you hanging.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2014 2:33 AM GMT

The Other Boleyn Girl [DVD] (2008)
The Other Boleyn Girl [DVD] (2008)
Dvd ~ Natalie Portman
Offered by Discs4all

1.0 out of 5 stars Could this film get any worse?, 13 Oct. 2008
I was really looking forward to this film, what with all the hype and the author herself saying how good it was. It sounded like it would be good.

However, despite the fantastic costumes, it was a complete and utter disaster. There are huge gaps in the storyline (my boyfriend had to ask me what was going on, it was that bad) which has been changed anyway.

What happened to Sir William Carey? How did Mary and Stafford fall in love? It didn't build up to anything because it was all so rushed, ti felt like the entire thing took place in a week instead of years like in the book. The characters are so two dimensional that you don't form any kind of connection with them.

All in all a complete let down and I would feel the same way even if I didn't read the book.

The Very Best Of Euphoric Dance Breakdown 2008
The Very Best Of Euphoric Dance Breakdown 2008
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Listening to now...., 1 Sept. 2008
....and I can't get enough! Definately worth the money! You get new stuff and old, I was thrilled to find stuff on CD 3 that my mum used to listen to when I was younger!