Profile for J-Ro > Reviews

HAUPTSTADTKOFFER - Spree - Hard-side Luggage Darkblue mat, TSA, 65 cm, 82 Liter
HAUPTSTADTKOFFER - Spree - Hard-side Luggage Darkblue mat, TSA, 65 cm, 82 Liter

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended luggage!, 7 Sept. 2015
Very smart!
This medium sized suitcase is exactly as described by the manufacturer. It is also quite smart looking as well. I've only just received it, and am sure it will take quite a beating in the years to come, but it looks like it's more than capable of handling typical misuse by luggage handlers!

1) It is the size I wanted - exactly.
2) It is the colour and material I expected - exactly.
3) It was a very good price for the quality of the piece.

Will try to remember to come back to this after a few uses to provide further feedback. NB: This case was actually shipped by Amazon from Germany. I ordered it on 2nd Sep, and received it via UPS on 7th Sep. There was no extra charge for freight. That's a bargain hard to beat for sure! (:-)

KES A4040 Bathroom Soap Dish/Holder Wall Mount, Aluminum
KES A4040 Bathroom Soap Dish/Holder Wall Mount, Aluminum
Offered by KES Home Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality products for the bath!, 2 Sept. 2015
I purchased this soapdish/tray because I have had the KES shower trays for some time. The trays retain a soft, new finish, with minimal care - just an occasional wipe with a soft, damp cloth. The KES aluminium products are just the right material for the bathroom - very lightweight and attractive, and NO RUST, of course! I have mounted my trays using the oval, metal self adhesive hooks easily purchased on Amazon, and at most ironmonger shops. Highly recommended products.

Really Useful Storage Box Plastic Lightweight Robust Stackable 9 Litre W255xD395xH155mm Clear - Ref 9C
Offered by UK Business Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Useful Storage Containers - YES!!, 20 Mar. 2015
I don't know how I coped before I started buying the Really Useful line of storage containers.
From mini-sized for hobbies, (and little other little bits) to underbed storage - at last I have an idea where most of my things are. I couldn't maintain a household without them!
Most customers who provide a review only have really good things to say about the difference these wonderful containers make to easing up one of the most serious household issues we all have, and that is practical storage for our everyday and not-so-everyday items.
I highly recommend these containers. They will surely help you organise your life - they even include wonderful little sheets in each container, listing the sizes available to help you plan your requirements.
I have only one desire regarding these containers - it would be so great if there was an area on the outside of each container - top of the lid, each end, and each side - that would hold a label insert/frame/slot large enough for really easy contents identification. I don't like using sticky labels as they would leave sticky residue on the container that would accumulate dirt! . That would mean a design change I know, but it would sure be really, really handy!

Really Useful 395 x 255 x 80mm 4L Box for A4 Paper - Clear
Really Useful 395 x 255 x 80mm 4L Box for A4 Paper - Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended storage containers!, 20 Mar. 2015

Acid Toilet Cleaner - 5 Litres - Cleenol 08282X5
Acid Toilet Cleaner - 5 Litres - Cleenol 08282X5

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, effective cleaner!, 18 Mar. 2015
Extremely efficient cleaner - as stated by other product reviewers. This is a very powerful cleaning product - effective first time around.

After reading how other folks used the product, I took a tip from them. Our toilet had a lot of mineral deposit build up from hard water. These deposits will NOT shift with ordinary toilet cleaners, and have to be specially treated. I applied Cleenol as instructed on the product label, very carefully. I also let the product sit in the toilet pan for approximately an hour to give it time to work.

End result: All deposits washed away with minimal use of the toilet brush! Sparkling clean, and should now stay that way with normal cleaning, and minimal use of Cleenol on an occasional basis.

If you have a real mineral build up problem in your toilet, you will need to use hydrochloric acid to remove it. Normal toilet cleaning products contain very little to none of this. Keep in mind, hydrochloric acid must be handled and stored with great care, and is intended for occasional use only where there is an extreme problem with hard water.

Ultimate Toilet cleaner. Hardwater Wand, the power of pumice to clean your toilet brilliantly. Effortlessly remove limescale, stains, calcium build up and even rust without scratching

3.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend for ocassional use..., 16 Mar. 2015
I bought this product based on the existing reviews.
I had despaired over getting an old toilet in our flat sparkling clean at the bottom because I could not get rid of the mineral build up caused by hard water deposits.
As it was, when I first tried using the wand, as other Amazon buyers stated, the pumice block came free of the handle! That being said, the pumice block is much easier to use, and more effective when you grip it firmly with your Marigolds!
I have to say that because the water gets quite cloudy whilst you are scrubbing away, you can't really tell how effective your efforts are until you stop and flush, repeating these actions frequently. Having said that, there was quite a build up of mineral deposits, making it quite difficult to loosen and scrub away. I had to finally stop after awhile and apply further effort again at various intervals, as it is quite tiring. The pumice stone does help with loosening the deposits whilst you scrub away, but it does not give immediate, effort free results. I would recommend it only if your toilet bowl has minimal deposits, and you keep after it on a regular basis, otherwise you are up for some hard scrubbing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2015 7:34 PM BST

Kilrock 160ML THICK NON-DRIP DESCALER GEL
Kilrock 160ML THICK NON-DRIP DESCALER GEL

5.0 out of 5 stars Kilrock - very effective, no fuss hard water stain remover!, 16 Mar. 2015
I read the reviews for this product before purchasing, as so often, I fall for cleaning products that very seldom live up to the manufacturer's blurb! I was cautious, but bought it solely on what previous buyers had to say. There is a real problem with hard water mineral deposits in the area in which I live, and it doesn't take long for taps and bathroom fixtures to look shoddy and neglected, no matter how diligent you are about wiping them down after use. Needless to say, I was very, very pleased with the results after applying the product to my bathtub taps, the basin taps, and the kitchen sink taps. They sparkled like new when I was finished.
I do recommend purchasing Gel - Kilrock. Apply it with confidence as stated by the manufacturer on the bottle label. You will be quite pleased with the results! Kilrock also has a power spray that they recommend for more frequent use - I intend to purchase this product as well, now that I am sold on the product effectiveness.

Philips Easycare GC3531 2200W Steam Iron With Drip Stop
Philips Easycare GC3531 2200W Steam Iron With Drip Stop

5.0 out of 5 stars Full steam ahead!, 10 Oct. 2014
I've not give a product review for many of my purchases, mainly because I often can't be bothered. I had actually finished leaving a product review the other day, and started scrolling through a very long list of products that I had purchased and just never got around to reviewing. Shame, shame!
I got to the Philips Easycare iron, and thought to myself, 'gosh, I've been using this iron for over 2 years now!'
Wouldn't it be great to review it now - it would hopefully give other potential buyers confidence in the product's performance!

Well, as I recall, I purchased this iron based on reviews left by others as well. I am very glad that I chose to do this as the iron has performed like a champ, according to Philips product brochure.
I must say the only things that I have done for the iron is to always use filtered water from my Brita pitcher, and each time I finish using the iron, I always use the push button to eject any remaining water as steam - forcing it out through the sole plate - I never leave old water sitting in the iron when it is stored.

That's it - if this model is still for sale, (or perhaps a newer version) - do give it a try, you will be glad you did!

5 x 50mm Soft Wheel Castors with 10mm x 22mm Stems (1516S)
5 x 50mm Soft Wheel Castors with 10mm x 22mm Stems (1516S)
Offered by Castors Unlimited

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality castors at a value price!, 10 Oct. 2014
Quality castors as described!
With so many advertised on the market, I hardly knew what to select. We needed to replace the castors on our desk chair - our old castors were small and hard, (designed for a carpeted surface, I'm told) and at least 3 of them were starting to stick and leak a black powdery substance!
i choose these, based on previous customer reviews. I am glad that I did! The castors fit perfectly, and made a wonderful difference in the chair movement. As we use a vinyl chair mat, these nice wide, soft castors 'wheely' make a difference!
I shall keep my hopes up that they will last a good long while!

Playtex Cherish Maxi White Briefs 3 Pack XX-Large (UK size 18)
Playtex Cherish Maxi White Briefs 3 Pack XX-Large (UK size 18)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful comfort and fit!, 1 Aug. 2014
Playtex always does a wonderful job with the fit and comfort of their underclothing. These pants are a great fit, very comfortable and also easy care in the wash. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8