Profile for J. Holmes > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Rentokil Advanced Mouse Trap Pack of 2
Rentokil Advanced Mouse Trap Pack of 2

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as bait boxes, 22 Jun. 2015
Messy and hard to set without trapping your own fingers. I used chocolate spread as bait. They caught some mice but then they needed corpse removal and washing before they could be reset. Each one could only trap one mouse a night and we had a close shave when visiting toddler picked one up as they snap hard and fast. I would definately recommend using bait boxes instead. I bought three of those (rentokil ones) and they got rid of the mice within a week with no mess at all.

Rentokil PSF135 Fast Action Mouse Killer - Pack of 2
Rentokil PSF135 Fast Action Mouse Killer - Pack of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 22 Jun. 2015
Much less messy than traps. I bought traps but you have to deal with the squashed corpses,which is no good, if like me your are a bit squeamish. After a couple of days I then bought three of these. The little critters took the bait and problem was resolved within a week. I even found one dead inside the box eating his last supper.

Mountain Warehouse Trek Lightweight Womens Multi Pockets Quick Dry Walking Hiking Trousers Black 14

5.0 out of 5 stars Good pair of comfy, light, robust walking trousers., 22 Jun. 2015
I love these trousers. Light and comfortable with no chafing. They served me well over theYorkshire Three Peaks with all sorts of weather conditions thrown at them! Cool in 90% humidity and wet fog on Pen Y Ghent, quick drying after becoming sopping wet and muddy in torrential rain on Whernside, then wind proof in freezing fog and howling gales on Ingleborough. Loose and flexible enough when rockclimbing and dried of quickly and comfy enough to run in on the last 6 miles from Iglebourough back to Horton. No chafing at all through all this and no sign of wear and tear. They have pockets with zip pockets inside which were useful for keeping my mobile phone safe and dry.
I am 5 foot 8 and length is perfect for me.

Haylief Loratadine Hayfever & Allergy Relief 10mg Tablets x 30 GSL
Haylief Loratadine Hayfever & Allergy Relief 10mg Tablets x 30 GSL
Offered by Innox Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, just as good as more expensive tablets., 22 Jun. 2015
Inexpensive, and just as good as more expensive brands. All the Hayfever sufferers in my family use it. It works for tree pollen sufferers and grass pollen sufferers alike. It did take a couple of days to kick in and have full effect but I find that with all Hayfever treatments I have tried . When you havea few sufferers in the family it can be costly buying Hayfever tablets so I would definately recommend these ones. Great value.

Draw 50 Buildings and Other Structures: The Step-by-Step Way to Draw Castles and Cathedrals, Skyscrapers and Bridges, and So Much More...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good gift for budding architects, 22 Jun. 2015
Bought this for my 15 year old daughter who wants to become an architect and loves drawing buildings and using point perspective. She has found it really useful and uses it often.

Berghaus Twenty Four Seven Plus 20 Rucksack - Black, One Size
Berghaus Twenty Four Seven Plus 20 Rucksack - Black, One Size

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent size for a long days walk., 22 Jun. 2015
I bought this for walking the Yorkshire Three Peaks And it didn't let me down on a long days walking, Light and a decent size, not too big but roomy enough for water, fleece, waterproofs, couple of bottles of water, packed lunch, first aid kit. Lots of pockets so you can organise and find stuff easily, including two external side pockets for water bottles - although straight sided ones do fall out. There are also internal zipping pocket for valuables. It's strong, light and kept my stuff dry despite very heavy rain on Whernside and falling in mud with it on the long run back to Horton from Ingleborough. The only problem and reason it loses a star in my rating was two of the little pull tags on the zips snapped off. They weren't well made and just came off in my hand. I knotted them back on though so not a major problem. When it was on my back it was comfortable. The shoulder straps didn't rub and it fastens across the front which helped spread the weight and keep it secure when I needed hands free to scramblie up the rocks at the top of Pen Y Ghent and Ingleborough.
It served me well on a 26 mile walk/climb in appalling weather conditions!

Philips SC2008/11 IPL Lumea Precision Plus Hair Regrowth Prevention System
Philips SC2008/11 IPL Lumea Precision Plus Hair Regrowth Prevention System

4.0 out of 5 stars More suited to winter use than in summer., 8 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Instructions are very complex but quick start guide is much easier to follow and quite understandable. The huge list of cautions and do's and don't are a bit off putting.
Actual hand held machine is nice to hold and not too heavy.
Initial instruction book airs on the cautious side and has very long winded list of do and donts! It's been hard to review the gadget at this time of year and it clearly states you can't go in the sun or have fake tan on at all and that's either before or after use .
This is definitely a winter product to use unless you are not exposed to any tanning or sunshine. Difficulty is that when you probably need to use it you can't...ie spring / summer.

I have tested my under arms which was quite fiddly. It looks a very complex and time consuming thing to de hair your whole lower leg area.
The machine takes a while to charge up so do that the night before you want to start use.
Once up and running it's a simple quick fire of light once you have set it up for your own skin type as per instruction manual. Move the machine to next area and zap again. Repeated use is obviously essential and as yet I haven't seen any results as its a long term process over several months to achieve the desired results.

Overall easy to use once you have digested the long instruction do and donts manual and moved onto the quick start one.
The light when zapped is hot but not too hot to cause discomfort.
Really keen to keep on using the product under my arms but difficult as in summer I am out on the sunshine and like my fake tan. I will wait till winter to do my legs.

Maileg Little Sister Winter Mouse in a Red Cardigan and Hat in a Matchbox
Maileg Little Sister Winter Mouse in a Red Cardigan and Hat in a Matchbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable matchbox mouse, 15 May 2015
A very sweet little mouse with its own matchbox to sleep in. Bought as a present for a three year old who loves it.

HealthAid Peppermint (Mentha piperita) Oil 10ml
HealthAid Peppermint (Mentha piperita) Oil 10ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Great as mouse repellant, 15 May 2015
I bought this because we had mice sneaking into our house through the gas/electric meter cupboard. Apparently the little critters can't stand minty smells. We filled in the gaps where they were coming in and I sprinkled this in the cupboard. No mice have been seen since and the cupboard smells lovely too! It really has a great strong fresh smell.

NEW biOrganics - Salon Secret, Argan Oil Repair Shampoo 250ML
NEW biOrganics - Salon Secret, Argan Oil Repair Shampoo 250ML
Offered by biOrganics - natural hair products

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth frizz free hair at last!, 15 May 2015
After years of piling on various hair products, trying every new conditioner, hair oil, serum etc on the market in an attempt to smooth my frizzy hair I gave them all up , including conditioner, and now just shampoo my hair with this then simply blow dry it with no other product. I finally have normal, smooth, frizz free hair that is still smooth the following day. This has had an amazing effect where all other hair products failed. I love it and can't recommend it highly enough.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15