Profile for J. Holmes > Reviews

Content by J. Holmes

J. Holmes
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Mountain Warehouse Trek Lightweight Womens Multi Pockets Quick Dry Walking Hiking Trousers Black 10
Offered by Mountain Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and light walking trousers that have served me well., 14 Aug. 2015
Light, robust walking trousers. These are incredibly soft and comfortable to wear. Although they are lightweight they are wind proof and reasonably warm in the wind and rain of a cold wet British Summer. They have plenty of pockets for tissues etc and a nice secure zip pocket for my mobile phone which has kept it safe and dry during torrential downpours. Because they are thin they don't get heavy when wet and dry out very quickly once the showers over. They served me well on my Three Peaks Challenge on an extremely wet and muddy June weekend. I've walked many times in them and washed them numerous times and they have washed well without any fading. I bought my style conscious teenage daughter a pair for her Duke Of Edinburgh and she realky likes them too.

Bird Seed Feeder Feeding Time Deluxe
Bird Seed Feeder Feeding Time Deluxe
Offered by homeandgarden

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good robust feeder at a good price, 14 Aug. 2015
If the birds in my garden reviewed this they would definately give it five stars. I struggle to keep up with filling it with sunflower hearts as it's constantly covered with birds. It has drawn blue tits, great tits, goldfinches, siskins, gold crests, sparrows, long tailed tits etc. I think this is also down to using sunflower hearts. I have tried various seeds and nut feeds but they go crazy for the hearts.
We have a problem with squirrels but they leave it well alone, so I would say it's squirrel proof. It's Easy to fill and not too fiddly to wash. I have just bought a second one.

Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter Candy Apple 2.55 g
Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter Candy Apple 2.55 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good sheer true red., 14 Aug. 2015
Great sheer coating and a fab colour. . A red that's just a few shades redder than my natural colour with a barely there, light coverage.Gives my lips a rosy glow , adding just enough colour to brighten face without looking like you are wearing lipstick. On the downside it doesn't last very long though so I reapply every couple of hours. On the plus side it leaves my lips feeling soft and moisturised. A red you can wear in the day without looking over made up.

Little Black Lies
Little Black Lies
by Sharon Bolton

2.0 out of 5 stars Lightly entertaining, 14 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Little Black Lies (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not overly impressed. I found the setting, The Falkland Islands, very interesting and the descriptions of the landscape and the community were very accurate according to my husband who used to live there! However the main characters and the story of the disappearances was a bit far fetched. The resolution of the whodunnit which took place in a police station then had to be moved, was confused and almost farcical. If it wasn't that I was on holiday and didn't have enough books with me I wouldn't have read it to the end. Although the writing was good the storyline was weak.

CALMURID PRO Very Rich Ointment
CALMURID PRO Very Rich Ointment

4.0 out of 5 stars A really useful addition to the bathroom cabinet., 14 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a lovely, simple rich moisturiser. All the family have been using it. My young son Has been putting a bit on his mild eczma each day and it has really cleared it up. It has no perfumes or other nasties in it.
I have been rubbing it in knees and elbows and they are very smooth now.

Magic Painting Book
Magic Painting Book
by Fiona Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars As addictive as colouring for adults. The next big thing?, 15 July 2015
This review is from: Magic Painting Book (Paperback)
I love this book - like the magic colouring books I had as a child but much better! All the family spent a happy weekend dipping in and out of it. Beautiful drawings and lovely bright colours. I enjoyed it more than my children. Sadly it's completed now so I have already preordered the Christmas version. Can't wait!

Oral-B Pro Vitality Plus Cross Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Oral-B Pro Vitality Plus Cross Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality deep cleaning brush, 8 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Got this for my 12 year old son. He really likes using it and says his teeth feel cleaner since he started using it. It stays charged for about two weeks and the heads are replaceable which is useful. It's made him more enthusiastic about tooth cleaning, and it has a two minute timer which ensures he spends two minutes scrubbing away each time. Good value.
The charger plug is a two pin one which was a bit of a problem, as we don't have a two pin plug socket, but we have found a two to three pin adaptor which he uses when charging it in his bedroom.

Lux
Lux

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2015
This review is from: Lux (Audio CD)
Beautiful voices. I love this cd.

Home Brew & Winemaking - Cranked Nylon Jar brush Brush - Ideal For Demijohns
Home Brew & Winemaking - Cranked Nylon Jar brush Brush - Ideal For Demijohns
Offered by Creative Winemaking

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for cleaning bird feeders., 8 July 2015
Not quite what I wanted. I needed a brush to clean out my bird seed feeders but this has a kink in it and doesn't fit into the feeder. My mistake.

Mountain Warehouse Snowdon Womens Cobolt Microfleece Breathable Antipill Warm Thermal Zip Fleece Purple 14
Offered by Mountain Warehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 8 July 2015
Light and warm. A nice fit and bright colour. This has served me well so far. Good value for money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16