Profile for J. Holmes > Reviews

LIGHT BLUE INK PILOT ' V ' FOUNTAIN PEN LIQUID INK -
LIGHT BLUE INK PILOT ' V ' FOUNTAIN PEN LIQUID INK -
Offered by FiveBoys Stationery Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great smooth even writer. Mess free., 16 Sep 2014
Lovely smooth writer with none of the mess of a traditional fountain pen. I love writing with a fountain pens and have owned numerous models from expensive Waterman and Cross pens down to cheap dip pens. This pen is so simple and the ink is in a sealed case. You can chuck it in a bag and there's no leakage. It has a nice medium nib that has a smooth and even ink flow. No inky fingers either. I love it's simplicity and ease of use. Great value for money. I will be definitely buying more of these.

Salad Love: How to Create a Lunchtime Salad, Every Weekday, in 20 Minutes or Less
by David Bez

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice photos but not very inspiring salad wise, 16 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I bought this as I make a salad every day for work and was looking for done ideas to liven up my lunchbox.
Although the salads were very beautifully assembled and photographed the recipes themselves were pretty basic. Most of the salads were only three or four ingredients and used the same few dressings. Not very exciting.

VIOLET INK PILOT ' V ' FOUNTAIN PEN - LIQUID INK -
VIOLET INK PILOT ' V ' FOUNTAIN PEN - LIQUID INK -
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Mess free elegant writing. Great pen., 29 Aug 2014
I Didn't expect much of such a cheap fountain pen however I was very impressed when it arrived. It is a nIce smooth writer, no scratching , and a smooth uninterrupted ink flow. Ink is in a sealed barrel and there is no mess, no ink stained fingers. For the price it is an excellent disposable fountain pen. Much less messy and easier to use/transport than a traditional refillable fountain pen. I will definitely be ordering more of these. I love the purple colour, It looks very elegant on the page.

Breaking Bad - The Final Season* [DVD]
Breaking Bad - The Final Season* [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston

5.0 out of 5 stars Feeling bereft now I have come to the end of the final series., 19 Aug 2014
Absolutely brilliant ending to one of the best TV shows I have ever watched. Full of unexpected twists and turns and breathtaking moments.

Remington AC9096 Silk Dryer
Remington AC9096 Silk Dryer

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't really make my hair any smoother, 10 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A reasonable, but ordinary hair dryer. It was easy to use if a bit on the heavy side.
I found the heat settings were a bit odd. The hot setting was too hot to use and the normal setting was unusually cool. Cooler than other hair dryers. However it did have a powerful blast. It dried my hair quickly even with the cool setting but the power of the blast made it difficult to get my hair smooth. The rest of the family use it too and have commented their hair felt noticeably softer.

SlimX 1000 Ultra Formula Thermogenic Weight Loss Supplement
SlimX 1000 Ultra Formula Thermogenic Weight Loss Supplement

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok for energy boost but no noticeable weight loss, 10 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not really into diet supplements and was curious to see if they would work. Well I took them as instructed and don't feel they made any difference to my weight loss at all. However I did feel more energetic when I took them which maybe down to their caffeine content.

The Signature of All Things
The Signature of All Things
by Elizabeth Gilbert

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, very talented writer, 10 Aug 2014
The cover is a bit twee and I wasn't sure what to expect. However I was gripped by the story and was impressed by the writing style. A rather long story but really interesting and well researched . I'm definately looking forward to ordering more books by Elizabeth Gilbert.

KRISP Womens Ruched Draped Twisted Knot Front Mini Sleeveless V neck float Dress Tie Belted Party Summer Casual Beach Size 8 10 12 14 16 18 (9354) (14, Red)
Offered by HillBilli

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short of five foot eight person, 21 July 2014
Nice dress in a good cut, that hangs well. Bargain price. However it is too short for my five foot eight frame. It falls too high above the knee for me. The skirt needs to be about three inches longer. If they bring out a "tall" version I would buy it again.

Ultrasport Aladdin Children's Swing Seat Round red
Ultrasport Aladdin Children's Swing Seat Round red

3.0 out of 5 stars It was easy to fasten up, 21 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I already have bought a few wooden tree swings but as I leave them out all winter they weather and wear out quickly. Few make it through two summers. This swing being plastic will hopefully last much longer. It was easy to fasten up.
My kids, and their friends have played on it for hours over the past couple of weeks. They have complained though that the seat is uncomfortable and hurts their bottoms after a while.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2014 8:12 AM BST

Songbird
Songbird

5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly Beautiful, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Songbird (Audio CD)
I first heard this album playing in a shop and was captivated by It. I went home ordered it and love it. It's not the sort of stuff I'd usually listen to , like a jazzy Carole King. However it's now one of my favourite albums. Very relaxing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12