Profile for J. Holmes > Reviews

VIOLET INK PILOT ' V ' FOUNTAIN PEN - LIQUID INK -
VIOLET INK PILOT ' V ' FOUNTAIN PEN - LIQUID INK -
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Mess free elegant writing. Great pen., 29 Aug 2014
I Didn't expect much of such a cheap fountain pen however I was very impressed when it arrived. It is a nIce smooth writer, no scratching , and a smooth uninterrupted ink flow. Ink is in a sealed barrel and there is no mess, no ink stained fingers. For the price it is an excellent disposable fountain pen. Much less messy and easier to use/transport than a traditional refillable fountain pen. I will definitely be ordering more of these. I love the purple colour, It looks very elegant on the page.

Breaking Bad - The Final Season* [DVD]
Breaking Bad - The Final Season* [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston

5.0 out of 5 stars Feeling bereft now I have come to the end of the final series., 19 Aug 2014
Absolutely brilliant ending to one of the best TV shows I have ever watched. Full of unexpected twists and turns and breathtaking moments.

Remington AC9096 Silk Dryer
Remington AC9096 Silk Dryer

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't really make my hair any smoother, 10 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A reasonable, but ordinary hair dryer. It was easy to use if a bit on the heavy side.
I found the heat settings were a bit odd. The hot setting was too hot to use and the normal setting was unusually cool. Cooler than other hair dryers. However it did have a powerful blast. It dried my hair quickly even with the cool setting but the power of the blast made it difficult to get my hair smooth. The rest of the family use it too and have commented their hair felt noticeably softer.

SlimX 1000 Ultra Formula Thermogenic Weight Loss Supplement
SlimX 1000 Ultra Formula Thermogenic Weight Loss Supplement

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok for energy boost but no noticeable weight loss, 10 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not really into diet supplements and was curious to see if they would work. Well I took them as instructed and don't feel they made any difference to my weight loss at all. However I did feel more energetic when I took them which maybe down to their caffeine content.

The Signature of All Things
The Signature of All Things
by Elizabeth Gilbert

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, very talented writer, 10 Aug 2014
The cover is a bit twee and I wasn't sure what to expect. However I was gripped by the story and was impressed by the writing style. A rather long story but really interesting and well researched . I'm definately looking forward to ordering more books by Elizabeth Gilbert.

KRISP Womens Ruched Draped Twisted Knot Front Mini Sleeveless V neck float Dress Tie Belted Party Summer Casual Beach Size 8 10 12 14 16 18 (9354) (14, Red)
Offered by HillBilli

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short of five foot eight person, 21 July 2014
Nice dress in a good cut, that hangs well. Bargain price. However it is too short for my five foot eight frame. It falls too high above the knee for me. The skirt needs to be about three inches longer. If they bring out a "tall" version I would buy it again.

Ultrasport Aladdin Children's Swing Seat Round red
Ultrasport Aladdin Children's Swing Seat Round red

3.0 out of 5 stars It was easy to fasten up, 21 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I already have bought a few wooden tree swings but as I leave them out all winter they weather and wear out quickly. Few make it through two summers. This swing being plastic will hopefully last much longer. It was easy to fasten up.
My kids, and their friends have played on it for hours over the past couple of weeks. They have complained though that the seat is uncomfortable and hurts their bottoms after a while.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2014 8:12 AM BST

Songbird
Songbird

5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly Beautiful, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Songbird (Audio CD)
I first heard this album playing in a shop and was captivated by It. I went home ordered it and love it. It's not the sort of stuff I'd usually listen to , like a jazzy Carole King. However it's now one of my favourite albums. Very relaxing.

The Ghost of the Mary Celeste
The Ghost of the Mary Celeste
by Valerie Martin

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 4 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really looking forward to reading this as unexplained disappearances are fascinating. But Don't buy this if you are expecting it to be a story just about the Mary Celeste. It is a series of fictional tales that intertwine, about the relatives of the Captain of the Mary Celeste. I was expecting a more factual book about the circumstances of the disappearance. However a larger part of the book is about Spiritualism and middle class women in 19th century society. I found it quite dull and only continued reading to the end because I was on holiday with no other books left to read. It's like Cloud Atlas meets Jane Austen in style!

SUCK UK Colour Change Umbrella
SUCK UK Colour Change Umbrella
Offered by World Spinners

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality. Broke on first use, 10 April 2014
This review is from: SUCK UK Umbrella (Misc.)
I was so excited to receive this umbrella and I couldn't wait for rain to see the colour change effect. Living on the wild, wet and windy Pennines I didn't have to wait long. However I only walked (well danced and twirled actually) in the rain for twenty minutes when one of the spokes snapped. It wasn't very windy. I just think the metal was poor quality and I was really disappointed as the colour change effect was truly amazing. Returned it for a refund.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12