Profile for J. Holmes > Reviews

Content by J. Holmes

J. Holmes
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
KRISP Womens Ruched Draped Twisted Knot Front Mini Sleeveless V neck float Dress Tie Belted Party Summer Casual Beach Size 8 10 12 14 16 18 (9354) (14, Red)
Offered by HillBilli

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short of five foot eight person, 21 July 2014
Nice dress in a good cut, that hangs well. Bargain price. However it is too short for my five foot eight frame. It falls too high above the knee for me. The skirt needs to be about three inches longer. If they bring out a "tall" version I would buy it again.

Ultrasport Aladdin Children's Swing Seat Round red
Ultrasport Aladdin Children's Swing Seat Round red

3.0 out of 5 stars It was easy to fasten up, 21 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I already have bought a few wooden tree swings but as I leave them out all winter they weather and wear out quickly. Few make it through two summers. This swing being plastic will hopefully last much longer. It was easy to fasten up.
My kids, and their friends have played on it for hours over the past couple of weeks. They have complained though that the seat is uncomfortable and hurts their bottoms after a while.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2014 8:12 AM BST

Songbird
Songbird

5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly Beautiful, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Songbird (Audio CD)
I first heard this album playing in a shop and was captivated by It. I went home ordered it and love it. It's not the sort of stuff I'd usually listen to , like a jazzy Carole King. However it's now one of my favourite albums. Very relaxing.

The Ghost of the Mary Celeste
The Ghost of the Mary Celeste
by Valerie Martin

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 4 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was really looking forward to reading this as unexplained disappearances are fascinating. But Don't buy this if you are expecting it to be a story just about the Mary Celeste. It is a series of fictional tales that intertwine, about the relatives of the Captain of the Mary Celeste. I was expecting a more factual book about the circumstances of the disappearance. However a larger part of the book is about Spiritualism and middle class women in 19th century society. I found it quite dull and only continued reading to the end because I was on holiday with no other books left to read. It's like Cloud Atlas meets Jane Austen in style!

SUCK UK Colour Change Umbrella
SUCK UK Colour Change Umbrella
Offered by Prime Time (We post all items straight away UK delivery 2-5 day's approx)

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality. Broke on first use, 10 April 2014
I was so excited to receive this umbrella and I couldn't wait for rain to see the colour change effect. Living on the wild, wet and windy Pennines I didn't have to wait long. However I only walked (well danced and twirled actually) in the rain for twenty minutes when one of the spokes snapped. It wasn't very windy. I just think the metal was poor quality and I was really disappointed as the colour change effect was truly amazing. Returned it for a refund.

Wallpaper* City Guide New York 2014
Wallpaper* City Guide New York 2014
by Wallpaper*

2.0 out of 5 stars More style than substance, 10 April 2014
Not really the guide book I needed. A few cool places and some eccentric places to visit but really an essential travel guide.

Remington AS7055 Big Style
Remington AS7055 Big Style

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite difficult to use. Good results with practice, 10 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The styler & attachments come in a nice purple storage bag which would be useful for travelling. I was initially impressed with the idea of a styler/dryer/rollers in one. However, I have long thick hair & the 800w dryer function was nowhere near powerful enough to dry my hair. I had to use my hairdryer before using the rollers. There are 15 rollers included in a good variety of sizes. Rolling my hair onto the rollers was relatively easy, it was removing the rollers from the styler that i had trouble with. It is very fiddly to unclip the roller from the styler & I found it pulled the section of hair loose. I couldnt get the rollers to stay tight against my head. Once my hair had cooled and I removed the rollers I was left with smooth bouncy hair but it would have looked much better with more practise. To use the bristle brush attachment I had to almost dry my hair completely with my drier first and then finish it off with the styler. This attachement gives a nice smooth finish to my thick frizzy hair and I will probably use this attachement the most and save the rollers for special occassions. Overall a good product but requires a lot of time and practice to get a decent result.

Russell Hobbs Illumina 3-in-1 Hand Blender, 1.7 Litre, 700 Watt - Black
Russell Hobbs Illumina 3-in-1 Hand Blender, 1.7 Litre, 700 Watt - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and simple to use, robust and easy to clean, 17 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great little blender. I make lots of soups and , being always in a hurry, I needed a stick blender I could just stick in the pan to quickly liquidise the ingredients. For about 15 years I had a great Billy blender but it recently gave up the ghost. Since then I haven't been able to find one as good to replace it. The last blender I bought had a plastic shaft rather than metal and was hopeless. The heat of the soups melted it and stained it after a couple of uses. I am really pleased with this one though. It is robust, strong metal, easy to use and easy to clean after use. It blends smoothly and in quickly. It's even a lot quieter when it blends than previous blenders I have owned. I am really pleased with it.

Canon EH24-L Semi Hard Case for EOS 700D - Black
Canon EH24-L Semi Hard Case for EOS 700D - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat, light and compact. Essential kit, 24 Feb 2014
After my 350d broke I was lost without a decent camera. My old camera had a leather case and I took it everywhere with me. When I received a new camera, EOS 700d for Christmas, it didn't come with a case. I took it on a walking holiday to Northumberland over New Year but without a decent case it was pretty difficult to use. It was wet, windy and sandy up there. Really these cameras should be supplied with cases.
As soon as I came home I ordered this case and now I'm happily lugging my camera about with me everywhere I go. It provides wind, rain and knock protection and it's a light and snug fit so fits easily in my rucksack. Essential kit.

Pop Up Portable Mini Travel II Capsule Rechargeable Speaker For Iphone 5, iPod, Ipad and MP3 Players
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present for eleven year old boys, 24 Feb 2014
I bought my son one of these and he loves it. The sound is surprisingly good and loud for such a small device. It's small, light and very portable. He carries it round with him all the time. I have since bought two more, at his request, as presents for his friends birthdays. Eleven year olds are tricky to buy for but they really liked these.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11