Profile for J. Holmes > Reviews

Philips GC2040/20 Easy Speed Steam Iron, 270 ml, 2100 Watt - Blue
Philips GC2040/20 Easy Speed Steam Iron, 270 ml, 2100 Watt - Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Not impresses, 9 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not very impressed. Why are the cables on irons always so short? I am tall and cable has to reach across worktop to reach the ironing board. The cable needs to be at least a metre longer.
The base plate wasn't smooth enough. It felt quite rough and sticky compared to previous irons I have owned. Not great.

Oral B Vitality Plus Floss Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Oral B Vitality Plus Floss Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 18 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great toothbrush. It has a really good brush head that gently rotates and seems to get right round each tooth and leave them feeling smooth, shiny and ultra clean. I have been using it twice a day for a week now and it still hasn't needed charging. I'm not sure it's as good at getting between teeth as flossing but much better than a manual toothbrush. It comes with a spare brush head too.
Maybe it's my imagination (or the new Lidl whitening toothpaste!) but I'm sure my teeth are looking a bit whiter too.

Lost & Found
Lost & Found
by Brooke Davis

3.0 out of 5 stars A rather depressing read., 18 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Lost & Found (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Set in Australia. A little girl called Millie, who collects dead things, is abandoned by her mum. She befriends a lonely elderly man and her reclusive neighbour and they set off together on a journey to try and find her mum. Although it is written with humour there was a lot of reflection on death and loneliness. I also found the characters a bit difficult to warm to.

Ultrasport Kids Street Surfer Waveboard Pro - Red
Ultrasport Kids Street Surfer Waveboard Pro - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes a bit of practice to master, 7 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Gave this to my 11 year old. It looked strong and well made . It only has two wheels and you need to get the hang of balancing on it before you can really use it. It took him and his mate about an hour before they mastered it. They have spent all day playing on it and they can now do tight turns but they haven't managed any tricks. The back wheel has come a bit loose and juddery but just needs tightening up I think.
Overall good fun but needs concentration to balance. Not as easy as Penny Boarding which my son loves.

10KG SACK OF SUNFLOWER HEARTS - BIRD FOOD
10KG SACK OF SUNFLOWER HEARTS - BIRD FOOD
Offered by RM English & Son

5.0 out of 5 stars The birds love these seeds. Great buy, 21 Feb. 2015
I had a couple of seed feeders filled with a seed mix I bought at a local garden centre but the birds just didn't eat the seeds. So I did a bit of Google research and decided to try sunflower seeds instead. These were the ones I chose. I nearly ordered 20 kgs but the 10kgs is a very large box - about three months worth with two seed feeders I reckon. My tree is now covered in birds from dawn till dusk (blue tits, great tits, siskins, wrens, goldcrests etc) . They eat so much I have to refill them every four or five days. The birds absolutely love them. The only downside is they arrived by courier, a retired old lady who does our Next Directory deliveries, and she really struggled to carry the ten kilogram box down our path to the front door!

Revlon PhotoReady Primer, Shadow and Sparkle - 2.8 g, Metropolitan
Revlon PhotoReady Primer, Shadow and Sparkle - 2.8 g, Metropolitan
Offered by L4RGE

4.0 out of 5 stars Good colours and easy to apply. I will definately buy again., 18 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really nice set which I use most days and for evenings out. The colours are very natural but heavily pigmented so I apply them lightly for every day and more heavily for a smokey eyed look. The pallet is laid out with a primer and sparkly highlighter at the bottom. The primer is good and colours stay in place all day when I use it. It comes with two sponge applicators but I applied them with a brush as they are easier to blend. I would give it five stars but the glittery colour block is a bit dry and spills over onto the other colours a bit so sometimes I end up a bit sparkler than I want to be on the school run!

Rolson 60702 24 LED Lamp with Hook and Magnet
Rolson 60702 24 LED Lamp with Hook and Magnet

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for seeing into dark nooks and crannies!, 6 Jan. 2015
Great small but really bright light. Takes two small batteries which last for ages. We are still on our first set. Loved it so much I bough a load for stocking fillers for male friends. Well received.

Dobble Card Game
Dobble Card Game
Offered by Purely Health

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, addictive and portable., 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Dobble Card Game (Toy)
My family love this game and it's small enough to be totally portable. We have played it on planes, trains, in cars, at friends houses, even stood in queues. Easy to play and totally addictive.

Real Fast Food
Real Fast Food
by Nigel Slater

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, quick delicious ideas., 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Real Fast Food (Paperback)
I love this book. Simple but delicious recipes that you can knock up without a major shopping trip. Lots of easy, quick supper ideas. It's ovbvious Nigel Slater loves his food and there are some great ideas in here. I have had this book for years but it eventually fell to bits from overuse so I had to buy a replacement. One of the most used cookbooks on my shelf.

Grab a Pig Card Game
Grab a Pig Card Game
Offered by Games 4 Giggles (Previously Prospecting In Gold)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game. Simple but hilarious fun., 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Grab a Pig Card Game (Toy)
Bought 2 of these for Christmas presents for my eleven year old son and a fourteen year old son of a friend. They both loved it. We played it at a New Year with all the family and it went down very well. Really simple rules but quite tactical, and very funny when everyone is trying to grab the pigs. My friend has complained that her family are totally addicted to it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13