Profile for J. Holmes > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Maileg Little Sister Winter Mouse in a Red Cardigan and Hat in a Matchbox
Maileg Little Sister Winter Mouse in a Red Cardigan and Hat in a Matchbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable matchbox mouse, 15 May 2015
A very sweet little mouse with its own matchbox to sleep in. Bought as a present for a three year old who loves it.

HealthAid Peppermint (Mentha piperita) Oil 10ml
HealthAid Peppermint (Mentha piperita) Oil 10ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Great as mouse repellant, 15 May 2015
I bought this because we had mice sneaking into our house through the gas/electric meter cupboard. Apparently the little critters can't stand minty smells. We filled in the gaps where they were coming in and I sprinkled this in the cupboard. No mice have been seen since and the cupboard smells lovely too! It really has a great strong fresh smell.

NEW biOrganics - Salon Secret, Argan Oil Repair Shampoo 250ML
NEW biOrganics - Salon Secret, Argan Oil Repair Shampoo 250ML
Offered by biOrganics - natural hair products

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth frizz free hair at last!, 15 May 2015
After years of piling on various hair products, trying every new conditioner, hair oil, serum etc on the market in an attempt to smooth my frizzy hair I gave them all up , including conditioner, and now just shampoo my hair with this then simply blow dry it with no other product. I finally have normal, smooth, frizz free hair that is still smooth the following day. This has had an amazing effect where all other hair products failed. I love it and can't recommend it highly enough.

Paper Aeroplanes
Paper Aeroplanes
by Dawn O'Porter

4.0 out of 5 stars Took me straight back to my teenage years. Great read., 9 May 2015
This review is from: Paper Aeroplanes (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A really enjoyable read. Took me straight back to my teenage years. Dawn OPorter captures perfectly the turbulent emotions and struggles with relationships and friendships that every teenage girl goes through in her final school year.

Apexel 180 Degree Fish Eye Lens + Wide Angle Lens + Micro Lens Kit for iPhone 4 4S 4G 5 5G 5S 5C 6 Plus Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 S3 I9300 S4 I9500 S5 S6 Note I9220 Note2 N7100 Note3 Note 4 mini i8190 S7562 HTC LG Black (No Dark Circle by the Fisheye Lens)
Offered by TopBrandBoxUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic macro lens, 1 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good product. The wide angle and fish eye lenses aren't brilliant but the macro lens is great. The lenses are quite easy to attach to the iPhone, although at first we thought there were only two lenses but the macro and fish eye were screwed together and needed untwisting. They came in a nice sturdy case. My son has taken some incredible close ups of flowers and insects using the macro lens of comparable quality to the ones I take with my canon eos 70d digital camera. Because of the macro lens alone this product deserves five stars.

Philips GC2040/20 Easy Speed Steam Iron, 270 ml, 2100 Watt - Blue
Philips GC2040/20 Easy Speed Steam Iron, 270 ml, 2100 Watt - Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Not impresses, 9 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not very impressed. Why are the cables on irons always so short? I am tall and cable has to reach across worktop to reach the ironing board. The cable needs to be at least a metre longer.
The base plate wasn't smooth enough. It felt quite rough and sticky compared to previous irons I have owned. Not great.

Oral B Vitality Plus Floss Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Oral B Vitality Plus Floss Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 18 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a great toothbrush. It has a really good brush head that gently rotates and seems to get right round each tooth and leave them feeling smooth, shiny and ultra clean. I have been using it twice a day for a week now and it still hasn't needed charging. I'm not sure it's as good at getting between teeth as flossing but much better than a manual toothbrush. It comes with a spare brush head too.
Maybe it's my imagination (or the new Lidl whitening toothpaste!) but I'm sure my teeth are looking a bit whiter too.

Lost & Found
Lost & Found
by Brooke Davis

3.0 out of 5 stars A rather depressing read., 18 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Lost & Found (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Set in Australia. A little girl called Millie, who collects dead things, is abandoned by her mum. She befriends a lonely elderly man and her reclusive neighbour and they set off together on a journey to try and find her mum. Although it is written with humour there was a lot of reflection on death and loneliness. I also found the characters a bit difficult to warm to.

Ultrasport Kids Street Surfer Waveboard Pro - Red
Ultrasport Kids Street Surfer Waveboard Pro - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Takes a bit of practice to master, 7 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Gave this to my 11 year old. It looked strong and well made . It only has two wheels and you need to get the hang of balancing on it before you can really use it. It took him and his mate about an hour before they mastered it. They have spent all day playing on it and they can now do tight turns but they haven't managed any tricks. The back wheel has come a bit loose and juddery but just needs tightening up I think.
Overall good fun but needs concentration to balance. Not as easy as Penny Boarding which my son loves.

10KG SACK OF SUNFLOWER HEARTS - BIRD FOOD
10KG SACK OF SUNFLOWER HEARTS - BIRD FOOD
Offered by RM English & Son

5.0 out of 5 stars The birds love these seeds. Great buy, 21 Feb. 2015
I had a couple of seed feeders filled with a seed mix I bought at a local garden centre but the birds just didn't eat the seeds. So I did a bit of Google research and decided to try sunflower seeds instead. These were the ones I chose. I nearly ordered 20 kgs but the 10kgs is a very large box - about three months worth with two seed feeders I reckon. My tree is now covered in birds from dawn till dusk (blue tits, great tits, siskins, wrens, goldcrests etc) . They eat so much I have to refill them every four or five days. The birds absolutely love them. The only downside is they arrived by courier, a retired old lady who does our Next Directory deliveries, and she really struggled to carry the ten kilogram box down our path to the front door!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14