Profile for J. Holmes > Reviews

10KG SACK OF SUNFLOWER HEARTS - BIRD FOOD
10KG SACK OF SUNFLOWER HEARTS - BIRD FOOD
Offered by Garden_Wildlife_Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars The birds love these seeds. Great buy, 21 Feb. 2015
I had a couple of seed feeders filled with a seed mix I bought at a local garden centre but the birds just didn't eat the seeds. So I did a bit of Google research and decided to try sunflower seeds instead. These were the ones I chose. I nearly ordered 20 kgs but the 10kgs is a very large box - about three months worth with two seed feeders I reckon. My tree is now covered in birds from dawn till dusk (blue tits, great tits, siskins, wrens, goldcrests etc) . They eat so much I have to refill them every four or five days. The birds absolutely love them. The only downside is they arrived by courier, a retired old lady who does our Next Directory deliveries, and she really struggled to carry the ten kilogram box down our path to the front door!

Revlon PhotoReady Primer, Shadow and Sparkle - 2.8 g, Metropolitan
Revlon PhotoReady Primer, Shadow and Sparkle - 2.8 g, Metropolitan
Offered by L4RGE

4.0 out of 5 stars Good colours and easy to apply. I will definately buy again., 18 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really nice set which I use most days and for evenings out. The colours are very natural but heavily pigmented so I apply them lightly for every day and more heavily for a smokey eyed look. The pallet is laid out with a primer and sparkly highlighter at the bottom. The primer is good and colours stay in place all day when I use it. It comes with two sponge applicators but I applied them with a brush as they are easier to blend. I would give it five stars but the glittery colour block is a bit dry and spills over onto the other colours a bit so sometimes I end up a bit sparkler than I want to be on the school run!

Rolson 60702 24 LED Lamp with Hook and Magnet
Rolson 60702 24 LED Lamp with Hook and Magnet

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for seeing into dark nooks and crannies!, 6 Jan. 2015
Great small but really bright light. Takes two small batteries which last for ages. We are still on our first set. Loved it so much I bough a load for stocking fillers for male friends. Well received.

Dobble Card Game
Dobble Card Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, addictive and portable., 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Dobble Card Game (Toy)
My family love this game and it's small enough to be totally portable. We have played it on planes, trains, in cars, at friends houses, even stood in queues. Easy to play and totally addictive.

Real Fast Food
Real Fast Food
by Nigel Slater

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, quick delicious ideas., 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Real Fast Food (Paperback)
I love this book. Simple but delicious recipes that you can knock up without a major shopping trip. Lots of easy, quick supper ideas. It's ovbvious Nigel Slater loves his food and there are some great ideas in here. I have had this book for years but it eventually fell to bits from overuse so I had to buy a replacement. One of the most used cookbooks on my shelf.

Grab a Pig Card Game
Grab a Pig Card Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game. Simple but hilarious fun., 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Grab a Pig Card Game (Toy)
Bought 2 of these for Christmas presents for my eleven year old son and a fourteen year old son of a friend. They both loved it. We played it at a New Year with all the family and it went down very well. Really simple rules but quite tactical, and very funny when everyone is trying to grab the pigs. My friend has complained that her family are totally addicted to it!

Edinburgh Raspberry Gin Liqueur 50 cl
Edinburgh Raspberry Gin Liqueur 50 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious., 6 Jan. 2015
Delicious. A clean refreshing taste with a delicious natural raspberry flavour. Took it with me to a New Years Eve party and it went down very well with my friends. I will definately be buying more of this.

25% OFF - STACKERS Set of 3 'MINI SIZE' - Choc Brown STACKER Set of 3 Jewellery Box with Birght Multi-Colour Lining.
Offered by Carters of London

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, stylish, modern design., 6 Jan. 2015
Bought this as an 18th birthday present for my God daughter and she loved it. I Like the way you can add extra levels in as your jewellery collection grows. It's quite a modern simple style compared to many jewellery boxes which are a bit fussy or old fashioned.

Some Luck
Some Luck
by Jane Smiley

1.0 out of 5 stars Struggled with this one and now given up on it., 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Some Luck (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have given up on this book. I found it quite dull and didn't really like the characters much.
I have read A Thousand Acres also by Jane Smiley, and absolutely loved that book. I don't really know why but the characters just didn't appeal to me in this story.

The Girl on the Train
The Girl on the Train
by Paula Hawkins

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, gripping story., 22 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Girl on the Train (Hardcover)
Exciting, well paced thriller
I really enjoyed this book. It was well written, with a few twists and turns, and very realistic characters. A book that kept me guessing till almost the end.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13