Profile for miss John > Reviews

Content by miss John

miss John "welsh witch" (hereford,england)

Bride Of The Alpha (A BBW paranormal romance) (Timber Valley Pack Book 1)
Bride Of The Alpha (A BBW paranormal romance) (Timber Valley Pack Book 1)
Price: 1.75

2.0 out of 5 stars meh...., 31 July 2014
Pretty average tbh... Not a huge amount of plot...characters aren't particularly likeable..predictable ending...far better reads out there...there's a reason it's only 1.75 or whatever low price it was!!!

Whitney (Paranormal BBW Shape Shifter Romance) (Alpha Marked Book 3)
Whitney (Paranormal BBW Shape Shifter Romance) (Alpha Marked Book 3)
Price: 1.49

1.0 out of 5 stars dreadful.. don't bother, 17 Nov 2013
I was so looking forward to this 3rd book in the Alpha Marked series..... I have loved everything else that Celia Kyle has written including the 2 books that precede this one. I loved the bold,sassy nature of Scarlett and Gabriella,and thought the story lines of their matings were fun,page turning and,frankly quite hot!!
The books made me laugh out loud and were witty and well written.
This one,however,was far from that......... I felt that it was written purely because Whitney had been mentioned as one of the Wickham sisters,therefore she needed a story of her own. Don't get me wrong,the sex scenes were hot!!! But the plot felt rushed,ill thought through,and frankly was pretty crap!!
I felt as though Kyle had written it as an afterthought and not put much thought into it at all and was so bad I had to write something!! Seriously..if you can get it free...fine....but don't waste your money on it.... :((

Horse and Hound
Horse and Hound
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother..stick to the magazine, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Horse and Hound (App)
Useless.. get as far as entering my e mail address and that's it..can't go any further. Haven't been able to access the app at all.
Waste of time.

Tall, Dark & Fangsome: An Immortality Bites Novel
Tall, Dark & Fangsome: An Immortality Bites Novel
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fangtastic!!!, 6 Nov 2012
Have just finished this one and i absolutely loved,loved loved it!! Superb storyline,with interesting characters popping up...kept me guessing all the way through as to what Sarah was going to do...was she going to give in to the dark side and Gideon Chase?? or stay strong for Thierry???
When I first read this series I didnt really take to Thierry at all...but in this book he comes into his own..I felt the love story between him and Sarah was genuine and I warmed to him as a character.
This book contains a lot of twists and turns,highs and lows but it kept me hooked completely..in fact Sarah and Thierry are up there with my fav Vamp couple,Cat and Bones..and I have to admit the ending did bring a tear to my eye and the biggest smile on my face ever!! Loved it...encore encore Ms Rowen!!!

The Mighty Storm
The Mighty Storm

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely fabulous!!!, 18 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Mighty Storm (Kindle Edition)
I LOVED this book!! Have read a few Sam Towle books and have always liked her writing,but found this by accident..and am so glad I did!
The story line is nothing new,and has been done 100 times before...childhood sweethearts..now shes a journalist,hes a famous rock star..she goes and does an interview with him..sparks are light and behold!! the story unravels! I'm not going to include any spoilers so I'll leave it there! As I was getting into the story I did think "o here we go again,same old same old!!" but I could not put it down! The characters are compelling,the emotions and situations are,up to a point,understandable and believable,and I couldn't help but want it work out for Tru and Jake. Even up to the last couple of chapters you don't really know how its going to work out,but I will say I put the book down with a massive smile on my face and a bit of an Aaahh moment!
The added extra chapter is a bonus too,liked hearing it from Jakes POV and I wonder if Towle is going to carry the rest of the book through,I hope so!!

If you're looking for a feel good,easy reading,romance then this is it!!

Howling for My Baby (Cannon Pack)
Howling for My Baby (Cannon Pack)
Price: 2.28

2.0 out of 5 stars Dire....don't bother.., 17 Sep 2012
Was dissapointed with this one as I'd read the other Cannon Pack novel she's written and I mistakenly thought this would follow on..it doesn't!
Anyway I thought this was poorly written,the characters just plain got on my nerves and I felt there was no substance to them. The story line is a total cliche,nothing new in it at all,apart from perhaps the gay 2nd in command werewolf,and his dialogue quite frankly did my B****y head in!!SO annoying! There was just nothing about it at all,and I found the last couple of chapters dragged out.
Seriously,don't waste your money or time.

Bared to You (Crossfire, Book 1)
Bared to You (Crossfire, Book 1)
by Sylvia Day
Price: 3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars not 50 shades but worth a read!, 13 Aug 2012
I read this on the back of 50,which I absolutely loved..and I have to say I relly enjoyed this first installment of the Crossfire novels. I loved the fact the characters were challenged with both of them having serious issues in their past that they have to deal with,and as a result much preferred Eva to Ana..its good to see Eva has a pair of b~lls when needed!
Yes the parrallels are there with 50 shades,from the wealthy dropdead gorgeous man,the beautiful rival female etc etc..but hey I couldn't put the book down as was surprised it ended when it did,after a fairly important episode,altho I understand the next book is on its was so I guess it makes sense.
The sex scenes are hot!! No real BDSM but hey who cares!!
I really don't understand the negative reviews banging on about realism...surely mature adult readers are aware men like Christian Grey and Gideon Cross dont really exist?? nor does Harry Potter or Edward Cullen!!! ITS A BOOK!! if you want realism read an autobiography!!
Read it if you've read 50 shades...read it if you haven't..but seriously give it a go!! Cant wait for the next part!

Deceived (Gwen Sparks Series Book 2)
Deceived (Gwen Sparks Series Book 2)
Price: 1.81

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable,easy read, 16 Jun 2012
I must admit I'm quite surprised with the negative reviews of these 2 books...I know the writing isn't brilliant but I really enjoyed them both!
I thought the love story that weaves between Gwen,Aiden and Dorian is quite sweet and it makes a change to read a paranormal book that doesn't have hardcore sex scenes every other page. I thought the story lines were interesting and I certainly couldn't put the books down till I'd finished them both.
In summary,an easy reading supernatural romance/mystery read..I too am looking forward to the next installment!

Make Me Shiver
Make Me Shiver
Price: 1.39

3.0 out of 5 stars average..., 8 Jun 2012
This review is from: Make Me Shiver (Kindle Edition)
Ok so the basic plot line is this..Laceys' car breaks down,she calls on the local wrecker Michael to come and pick her up..Michael just happens to be older and devastatingly handsome...he's also a Dom. Lacey finds herself very attracted to him and intrigued into his "kink"(BDSM) lifestyle..to cut to the chase,he is also attracted to her as he sees her as a potential Sub,they get it on,him introducing her to this way of things and so the story unfolds.
I must admit I was dissapointed with this book..it's a fairly short story(took me about an hour to finish) and it is almost a mirror copy of the far more superior "50 Shades of Grey" trilogy. From the characters..him a Dom,older,sexy,Alphs male..her, beautiful,innocent Sub female. The safe words are the same,the toys used are the same even the scene when Lacey comes downstairs after their night of passion to find Micheals ex-Sub in the kitchen and the following issues are the same.
I also felt the timeline was a bit ropey..I know its a book and has the whole "suspension of disbelief" thing going on..but seriously after a week of knowing Michael,Lacey allows him to get her dressed up,blindfolded and taken to the local BDSM club,where things get a bit steamy...but she has to remain bindfolded at all times..??!! Not sure thats particularly realistic!!
However..the story IS well written,the characters are likeable and it does end hinting at a sequel..which I have to say I wiil read if there is one! Also the sex scenes are also well written..not too hardcore like some I've read!

In short if you're after a short lighthearted intro into BDSM erotica then this is the one for you..but I would say..save your time and money and get the 50 Shades Trilogy...

FERAL SINS (The Phoenix Pack Book 1)
FERAL SINS (The Phoenix Pack Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars a scorcher!, 5 Jun 2012
This is the 1st book I've read by this particular author,and after reading it,I must admit I am a serious fan!
I won't bother outlining the plot as others on here have done a far better job than I can!..but you get the jist thats it's a sexy,action packed adventure love story type!
What I loved about it...the main characters are strong,well written and likeable It's good to have a main female character that is outspoken,tough and sassy..some of the lines she comes out with made me laugh out loud! The soryline itself is fast paced and keeps you on the edge and keeps those pages turning..I was up till 2am this morning reading it!There are some good twists and turns in the plot which keep you guessing...again,good to have a plotline thats not predictable. The emotional issues that surround Trey and Taryn make them easier to empathize with,especially Trey who has this whole Alpha male thing going on!good to see he does understand(eventually!)Taryns reluctance to submit! The sex scenes are not for the pink and fluffy type...they are pretty explict and fairly hard core....which leads me to the only gripe I had with the book and why I didnt give it 5 stars...the group sex scene that takes place on Treys' birthday..maybe it's cos I'm not into group sex(!) but I felt uncomfortable reading it and I felt it didnt fit in with the characters..(if Trey is such a possesive Alpha male..why would he not only want the other male members to see his mate naked? but also join in the whole sexual encounter..including watching her dish out oral sex to them all???)There are a few lines that made me think "is she fully ok with this group orgy or is she being forced into it(it appears she is ok with it eventually)?" which also I didnt like...I just felt it was written for writing a group sex scenes sake and added nothing to the story.
BUT apart from those few pages I loved it and literally didnt put it down till I had finished it..would love a sequel to this and I will definately be buying her other books