Profile for Juggs > Reviews

Content by Juggs

Juggs "Juggy" (England)

Ryse: Son of Rome (Xbox One)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Xbox One)

4.0 out of 5 stars More than worthy launch game, 29 Nov 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Like I imagine most, I was weary about buying this game but took the plunge and pre-ordered it. Then the reviews came out and I had feared I made the wrong decision. I was in the process of getting ready to return it for a full refund rather than give it ago and lose £10 if I didn't like it, but then I saw the reviews from actual users and changed my mind - to which I'm glad I did.

Sure the general combat is be a bit repetitive (something I could say about countless "popular" games) but the brutal executions help break this up nicely. | couldn't get God of War out of my head the whole time whilst playing it and I genuinely feel its better than the last installment of the classic PlayStation series (which I was disappointed with after the incredible God of War 3) which says something as all the actions are based on real life not superhuman acts to keep you entertained.

I heard a lot of this talk about it being just one big massive quicktime event (although they had apparently toned it down a bit) but I love this aspect of games. Its why I loved God Of War and Uncharted when I previously owned a PS3 and why I was bitterly disappointed Xbox didn't quite have a game matching that same experience. Now it does.

I for one really hope they make a Ryse 2. Like Assassins Creed, the first one has room for improvement but given the chance could be Xbox's answer to those above games once associated with primarily being hits on the PlayStation.

FIFA 14 (Xbox One)
FIFA 14 (Xbox One)

4.0 out of 5 stars Now this is more like it..., 29 Nov 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 14 (Xbox One) (Video Game)
Length:: 0:28 Mins

I've been one to bash FIFA as much as the next person recently but I have to say the next gen version is a big improvement on the old gen versions which even with the current update were getting stale.

First off the gameplay - though not revolutionary its definitely a much more detailed and refined experience, with all the extra animations and physics it definitely makes everything that much more realistic. Graphics are very good as you would expect and though not glaringly obvious at times when a replay is triggered you really get to see the attention to details such as the cloth physics etc.

Another big surprise of mine was the enjoyment of playing the AI. I now find it more repetitive playing online against actual people who repeat the same tricks over and over again than the computer which does indeed play differently depending on which team you're playing. This is great from my point of view and I cannot wait to try the career mode.

The shooting taken from the previous gen is still good too. Although not quite as revolutionary as I might have hoped, the added curve to the trajectory of shots is pleasing to the eye though perhaps still not quite "there" yet...

Now my gripes about the game: Still the same old exploits as in the previous gen, so if you're going online still expect the same old barrage of crosses and OP headers. Chip through balls are still very effective as defenders still seem to watch on as the ball flys overhead but if you set up correctly you can at least.

Another major gripe of mine is the lack of player intelligence at certain important times which can frustrate immensely - if I've got a split second to score I want my striker to execute a snap shot as quickly as possible, not sort his feet out for "optimum striking positioning" giving the opposition defender a chance to pull off last-ditch tackle which he really shouldn't have had the opportunity to do. Likewise, the new impact physics are impressive and I'm personally glad to see strength being rewarded as its as important as pace in my opinion, but there's overpowering someone and then there's clattering them into the ground - something the referees have yet to distinguish - as well as perfectly timed slide tackles being given red cards (see video attached) which puts you off using what should be an incredibly powerful too in your defending arsenal. Though like everything FIFA first introduce, it usually doesn't work how they'd like it to until the next installment.

Keepers as well are still a bane of many a player! Although I have Casillias in my Ultimate Team who is the best keeper I've played with out of all the top ones, every single one is still susceptible to the classic soul destroying moments of stupidity. The amount of times a keepers has pushed a shot into an on-running player or casually moonwalked back towards goal when I commanded him to return after sensing a chip coming is ridiculous. So many goals I've personally conceded have been more than avoidable but I wouldn't expect anything less after so many years of the same.

So to recap, great game with some impressive improvements but also with some of the same flaws as previous ones. Considering its the first crack at a next-gen game I cannot wait to see what the next one is like. Fingers crossed when the World Cup game is released we'll see some further improvements, I can only hope its as good as World Cup 2010 was back in the day!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2013 6:57 PM GMT

Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male For Him Eau de Toilette 200ml Spray
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male For Him Eau de Toilette 200ml Spray
Offered by UK Fragrance Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice!, 16 Oct 2013
I brought this recently and have to say its easily in my Top 3 Eau de Toilette's I've had along with Spicebomb and 1 Million. Its one of those scents where when you first spray it on your skin it smells pretty nice but once its settled it smells amazing and you can really pick up on the scents. I'm particularly pleasantly surprised by the staying power of the smell, the previous 2 I've mentioned haven't lasted that long for me personally and generally need re-spraying at least twice a day but 7+ hours later I can still smell this.

Special mention to iPefrume as well, I was a bit apprehensive about buying Eau de Toilette's on Amazon (not least due to some of the reviews on this product) as you always hear its much cheaper as its not the real thing or watered down but this is the real deal so kudos to them.

FIFA 14 (PlayStation Vita)
FIFA 14 (PlayStation Vita)
Offered by CC Exeter

1.0 out of 5 stars EA - The company with no morals, 27 Sep 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This game has had no updates apart from the kits and rosters. This means that the games modes and game play haven't been changed or updated/improved for not one year but TWO YEARS now. I genuinely don't think people would have made too much of a fuss if it was made purchasable for £5-£10 as DLC for FIFA 13, or even if they charged half the price for it (still a bit excessive) but to charge the full £35 - the same as you can get the PS3/360 versions for - is abysmal.

You would have thought after being voted worst company in the gaming industry they would be looking to improve their standing but then again what do we expect? Why would EA change their ways when they're still raking in the money? Shocking morals and I'm genuinely surprised they haven't been sued yet.

I personally have boycotted FIFA and the EA franchise as a result. Fortunately PES on the PS3/360 this year is much better making my decision an easy one. Unfortunately they haven't developed any games for the Vita but then I still have FIFA 2012 on the Vita so will just imagine the kits are different!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2013 10:12 AM BST

Bosch S5 Car Battery Type 027
Bosch S5 Car Battery Type 027
Offered by EuroCarParts

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and powerful, all I need, 19 Aug 2013
Just brought a new car and knew the battery would need replacing soon after, low and behold 2 weeks later it went flat so I purchased this. Absolutely no complaints so far after 2 weeks - I've been using the stereo, lights and air conditioning all at the same time only driving 10 miles a day and battery has handled them perfectly.

Biggest difference is the car now starts up like a dream every time. Has put my mind at ease for the winter knowing it has a really good cca.

Price is OK considering the battery and warranty you get, not sure why but worked about £30 cheaper getting it through the seller via Amazon than their own site so pretty chuffed about that!

It's Like That Ya'll By Dj Idull (Beat By Muneshine)
It's Like That Ya'll By Dj Idull (Beat By Muneshine)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice clip, shocking price, 30 Aug 2011
Heard this on YouTube when I was selecting a default song for my vid, quite liked it and found it on here. Why they think I'll pay 79p for a 30 second clip I don't know.

Silverline Silverstorm 234578 Jump Starter and Air Compressor 12Ah
Silverline Silverstorm 234578 Jump Starter and Air Compressor 12Ah

5.0 out of 5 stars Simpy Life Saving!, 27 July 2011
I go to Uni and live 3 hours away from my parents and pretty much anyone I know who has a car and as petrols so expensive sometimes I can go 2 weeks + without driving it. The battery's not very new either and often gets flat quickly. Step up the Silverline Jump Starter! As I mentioned when I was due to go home for Easter I was panicking as I don't have any mates who could drive and give me jump start so I took a plunge and purchased one of these. Last year my item of the year that I brought was my SatNav. This year it could well be this - I think of it THAT highly. After charging it sufficiently I gave it ago and it jump started it absolutely perfectly. You'll have to leave it running for a good 5 maybe 10mins depending on how flat your battery is. My car was parked on a public road and it does make quite a loud sound which can be embarrassing for some but its a small price to pay for this product.

My Dad needed his tyres pumped when I arrived home not long ago and I remembered the Silverline Starter had an air compressor, though I usually go to the petrol station to do my tyres so hadn't tried it. I may not bother any more as that worked fine as well. I think he had trouble originally fitting it on tight enough so it got a reading but after 2 or 3 goes we left it on and it did the job perfectly. He was very impressed and said how it was infinitely better to his one as the fact its charged through the mains means if your tyres do need pumping you don't have to connect it to the cigarette lighter in your car like he used to - thus draining the cars power.

So to conclude if like me you need something to jump your car and don't know anyone who can help - don't fret! Buy this and you'll never have to worry again.

Paco Rabanne 1 Million Eau de Toilette Spray for Men 200 ml
Paco Rabanne 1 Million Eau de Toilette Spray for Men 200 ml
Offered by UK Fragrance Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Best smell I've ever had!, 27 July 2011
This review doesn't need to be a long one. Quite simply the best smelling aftershave (yes I know not p.c but meh!) I've ever had. I go to Uni and ALL the girls LOVE the smell of 1 million. Even at work in my supermarket all the lady's love the smell too. I've brought quite a few aftershaves recently and often ask my house mates 3 of which are girls which is the best one to wear and 1 Million always gets the winning vote. The fact I got mine for £52 makes this an absolute bargain - which is something I'd never thought I'd say for an aftershave costing any more then £30! From my research the 100ml one was going for £40+ everywhere on the web including here and so for £10 extra getting double the amount you'd be crazy not to! So if I haven't made it clear enough - BUY IT!!! You won't want to get anything else for a very long time.

The Kingdom [DVD]
The Kingdom [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jamie Foxx
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my top 10 Films and cheap :), 27 July 2011
This review is from: The Kingdom [DVD] (DVD)
I should probably start off by mentioning this is the 3rd time I've had this DVD. The other 2 I've had people borrowing them and not giving them back which I suppose is a compliment for the film! As its so cheap I wasn't particularly bothered I mean I got mind for £1.50 including postage from here. Bargain! It starts off with a terrorist attack and a member of an FBI team gets killed, hence a group of them go out to try and solve how he got killed exactly. On the way they get to know the Saudi army and in particular the Saudi police Colonel who comes out with some classic lines throughout the film highlighting the big difference in culture and how things are easily misinterpreted. Their re-enactments of some scenarios which may happen in the East I feel are very realistic and at first viewing when I was thinking "Why's he done that, he's just going to get killed?!" you then realise they know exactly whats going to happen and why they need to at least try anyway as the end result if they didn't would have the same outcome. I'm trying not to go into any details as to ruin the film for anyone but I for one thought the ending was one of the best I've seen in a while and gives a good view of how come the war in Iraq seems destined to go on and on. Its pretty much a perfect mix of action and comedy and definitely deserves a place in anyones DVD collection - especially for the price!

FIFA 11 (Xbox 360)
FIFA 11 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Diabolical, 7 Dec 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 11 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Before people start moaning and saying how I obviously can't play the game right (as thats been the reply to everyone else whos rated this game low) I used to be very good in the previous FIFA's (and PES's) winning 7/10 games online and using manual a lot so I know what I'm doing when it comes to football games but my god - FIFA 11 is bad. I mean really bad. So bad that its verging on unplayable.

All FIFA 11 is about is ridiculous defenders overpowering attackers with pathetic ease like a footballing Chuck Norris and even worse passing going astray worse then a Sunday league Under 10's match. FIFA 10's and the World Cup's manual passing was 10 times more realistic then 11's. How do you explain a simple pass from Xavi to Messi going 2 ft infront at 100mph when I directed it perfectly 90 degrees and tapped the pass button as lightly as possible? Tell me the "skill" in that.

Bring back the World Cup team, they created a great game, fun, realistic (though not overly), greatly presented - what more can I say. And to people saying how are FIFA 11 supposed to improve the graphics with loads more stadiums etc - they dont even bother! The stadiums have stayed the same for several seasons now and even then they dont even have that many more, the default stadium being used for 95% of teams. Just like the commentary - Andy Gray and Martin Tyler are still terrible and reptitive, the only things worse are their cringe worthy jokes and most the players faces/models etc. It's just all recylced year after year. I know a fair bit about programming too and this noise they made about how revolutionary pro passing etc would be is a joke. How hards it to change a few stats hear and there. Its basically just manual passing but with a more random, uncontrolled outcome.

Whats worse is that my beloved long shots are all but gone, just like in FIFA 9. Sure 10 probably had a few too many then you'd expect but in 11 you'd do well to get a shot in from inside the box let alone outside. Speed too was probably abused too much in FIFA 10 but in 11 they've completly reversed it and made it worthless. No more can Messi or Ronaldo tear down the wings and spray crosses in. The odd chance you're able to put a perfect through ball through with Torres 10 feet clear Sol Campbell will come racing up to you like Usain Bolt and tug you back in your tracks.

All the changes from the previous FIFA have taken 11 5 steps back, never mind 1. Whats with the post sound too?! World Cup introduced the extremly satisfying net sound and then the 11 team introduce a post sound which can only be described as piece of wood being hit against the wall.

Online is still a joke but then it always has been since the introduction of momentum so I can't criticise FIFA 11 too much in that respect. Players will still suddenly comeback after being 2-0 behind at half time to win 3-2 with their players suddenly outdoing all your players in every aspect (speed, power, accuarcy etc), scoring 3/3 chances where your players manage to miss 10 clear cut chances - Furthermore I'm surprised just how many Chelsea, Madrid and Barca fans there are playing constantly as 99.9999999% of matches guaranteed will be played against them or the World/Classix XI (guaranteed most the people saying how great this game is are the prime culprits unable to win with anyone less then 4.5 stars). Makes online get boring very quickly. That brings me on to ANOTHER subject. What happened to more realistic matches between 1 star teams and 5 star teams?! Sure theres an upset every now and then but more often then not they should be a breeze to play through, not the equivalent of Spurs v Arsenal derby.

Funnily enough I sold my FIFA 11 if you couldn't of guessed and haven't looked back. I brought PES 2011, which is just about satisfying my footballing needs although it too is pretty poor. I feel we will have to wait at least until next year before we can play a proper, smooth footballing game.

This isn't an anger review written after a few games on FIFA either, this is a review written after a good 60+ games so I've had my time to get used to it.

Stear clear unless your simply rubbish at scoring and passing and love to have your defenders just stand there and nullify attacks for a thrilling *cough* 0-0 draw - or if your lucky a cheaky tap in.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2011 4:00 PM BST