Profile for jonathan evans > Reviews

FIFA 14 (PS3)
FIFA 14 (PS3)
Offered by games-wizard

3.0 out of 5 stars Let down, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: FIFA 14 (PS3) (Video Game)
This is my first ever review on any site about a game but decided I had to have my say just because really.

First off I've been playing FIFA since it was released 20 odd years ago and then moved onto Pro Evo when the franchise started to go down. I've since obviously returned to FIFA within the last 5 years when it picked up again so I've been playing football games the majority of my life and I play regular Sunday league football, I am not just a gaming fan.
I mostly play the online seasons but I play all the formats of the game, including ultimate team and have finished many a season on career as a pro and manager. (let it be known I do have a girlfriend)

I have played the game nearly non stop now for over 3 weeks trying to get to grips with the game play and I just can't do it! It just isn't realistic for me at all and find it so frustrating all of the time I have no decided to go back to FIFA 13.

Everything about the game play is so amateurish, all of the time. I'm not a bad player (I managed to win the division 1 title several times on seasons in each FIFA) and I understand the dynamics of football by being player and watching every game I can from any league.

The inability to pass, move, play overhead through balls and position your players is just borderline stupidity. Like many others have said 'it feels like your playing with Sunday league footballers' and this is the case. I'm not a trick pony player nor do I hold onto sprint and second man closing the whole time and shoot from anywhere, I like to play the game properly but find this almost impossible with the new game play. Those have gotten to grips with it and enjoy the game fair play but looking at the scores and overall reviews I am not alone in my frustration and my copy shall be getting sold at the earliest available opportunity