Profile for Matt Kelly > Reviews

GoPro Anti-fog Inserts for HERO2 Cameras
Offered by H.PRESTON MEDIA
Price: 17.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but seems to work., 17 Jan 2012
I use my gopro primarily for whitewater. This can, in the UK, be a cold experience.

The inserts seem to work - difficult to tell clearly without proper tests, but anecdotally they appear to do the trick!

I have two friends with gopros, so we split the cost between us and have a pair each. They're both equally satisfied.

Furry Handcuffs (red)
Furry Handcuffs (red)
Offered by Premier Life Store
Price: 1.56

2.0 out of 5 stars cheap and nasty, 17 Jan 2012
This review is from: Furry Handcuffs (red) (Toy)
The price is low, and they're not mis-sold, but they're cheap and nasty! Good as a laugh on a night out, but very difficult to work - you need fingernails of steel, or some kind of tool to open them.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2012 5:42 PM GMT

Halo Hex Key Wheel Skewers (Pair) White, Free UK Postage
Halo Hex Key Wheel Skewers (Pair) White, Free UK Postage
Offered by bike brands direct
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, a little extra peace of mind, 17 Jan 2012
They were promptly delivered, very easy to fit and now give me a little more confidence that I'll return to find my bike wheels where I left them.

I never bother removing and/or individually locking my wheels, so the only purpose my quick releases served was to invite opportunists! If you actually need to change a tyre or something, it's only 30s instead of 5s using a hex (allen) key. Very happy.

Clearance: Ladies/Womens Novelty Knitted Animal Head Socks with Gripper (1 Pair)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice design, not very robust, 17 Jan 2012
I bought these as a Christmas present (the girlfriend's into this sort of thing, you see).

Whilst she was happy on the day, and the socks seemed perfectly good (complete with rubberised bits "so I don't slip over in the hallway!") the decorative animals lacked tenacity - within a fortnight, one dog had departed the sock completely and has since been savaged by the cat (a real cat, that is). The second seems doomed to a similar fate, dangling as it is by a little thread.

They're nice aesthetically, but could do to be better constructed.

DuraSec HighTec display protection film for Pentax Optio S12
DuraSec HighTec display protection film for Pentax Optio S12

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Screen Protector, 5 July 2009
I decided to go for a single, more expensive screen protector rather than the cheaper multipack ones which seem not to last too well. I was delighted with the results.
As the manufacturer claims, the initial cloudiness of the screen quickly clears, and then your viewing is virtually unimpaired. Instructions are simple enough, and application not too troublesome.
Two minor criticisms: When applying, you have to be very careful if you are to ensure good alignment and no air bubbles. Secondly, if anything gets onto the underside of the protector, you have no hope of removing it! Luckily this only happeed to me on one corner of the protector, and it wasn't problematic.
Overall, a good buy!

USB SIM Reader / Copier
USB SIM Reader / Copier

1.0 out of 5 stars Dire, 5 July 2009
I bought one a fairly long time ago and, as with all the other reviewers, found it to be utterly terrible in every respect. Doesn't even deserve one star.

Freecom Mobile Hard Drive Classic 2.5" 160GB USB2
Freecom Mobile Hard Drive Classic 2.5" 160GB USB2

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 18 Feb 2009
I use the hard drive for backup and overflow storage from my laptop. It works. Does the job, runs quietly, not had any problems with it whatsoever, I'd recommend it to anyone.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2009 1:01 PM BST

Frankie Boyle: Live [DVD]
Frankie Boyle: Live [DVD]
Dvd ~ Frankie Boyle
Offered by 247dvd
Price: 3.80

2.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressed, 18 Feb 2009
This review is from: Frankie Boyle: Live [DVD] (DVD)
To say it's 90% recycled is an exaggeration. Yes, it's partly material we've seen before, but I expected that even before the DVD came out. The problem for me is that it's not clever, or witty, just offensive. It's an entire show of "What's the most offensive/shocking thing I can say about..." and then he says it, interspersed with worn-out and predictable audience interactions.
Don't get me wrong - the content didn't offend or shock me. It just didn't make me laugh much either. Not recommended.

Integral 1GB High Speed COURIER Pen Drive - USB Memory
Integral 1GB High Speed COURIER Pen Drive - USB Memory

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 16 Sep 2008
This memory stick is excellent. It's fast, and the build quality is great. The loop on the back has stayed attached to my keys with no sign of breaking or giving up - and it's taken some punishment.
I bought mine before the P&P seemed to skyrocket, and I can understand people's criticisms now that it has. However, mine was excellent value for money, and the product itself I would highly recommend.

Logitech MM50 Portable Speakers for iPod - White
Logitech MM50 Portable Speakers for iPod - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 16 Sep 2008
I agree with the other reviews - it's a fantastic product. For me it's the perfect blend of high sound quality, decent volume, and portability - it's both lightweight and small, and I've had no problems with it whatsoever. Brilliant buy.

Page: 1 | 2