Profile for Ashley > Reviews

1 x Pair of 100 Percent Workwear Red Folding Ear Defenders SNR 30 db
Offered by 100 Percent Workwear
Price: 7.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 26 April 2014
Wore them twice then the plastic headband broke and cut me! Very disappointed as had really searched for a pair.

The Man Who Watched The World End
The Man Who Watched The World End
Price: 1.76

5.0 out of 5 stars A different look at the end of days, 20 Mar 2014
Possibly Spoilers!

I'm not very eloquent so please excuse me, I also do not write many reviews but I have to make the exception for this book.

I read a lot of end of the world books but this one is different no bombs, aliens or government plots just one old man and his 'block' brother.

I enjoyed how nature had taken over animals no longer the friendly pets they used to be but predators even the cute cats! It was also refreshing that no cure was found at the last minute.

It's not the easiest to read and I know some people will say it is bleak but come on it's not going to be a happy time when you only have your memories and a brother who for all intense and purposes is a lifeless as a mannequin for company.

I spent most of the book asking what I would have done given the narrators predicament and I honestly still do not know if I would have stayed to look after my brother rather than running off to be with others. The reader also has to remember that the narrator is in his 80's and not a young man able to run around looking for a solution. Especially after the 'neighbours' move out.

Some have stated that the story just ends but do wonder who they expected to finish the story when the last man on earth has gone.

For me this book will haunt me and will pop into my head at random times for a long time to come. 5*

Sharp Objects
Sharp Objects
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Sharp Objects (Kindle Edition)
Good read and nice twist to finish. Enjoyable and polished finish. Happy reading and hopefully more to come from Gillian.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars One he'll of a marriage., 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
Makes all other marriages look normal, even the most bizarre ones. Excellent and makes me want to read the previous two books now.

Doctor Sleep: Shining Book 2
Doctor Sleep: Shining Book 2
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars King is at his best, 4 Oct 2013
Read it love it. King is king. Amazing story and a great end to Dan and family. Could not leave it alone.....

The Burning Air
The Burning Air
Price: 3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars You can't pick your family, 22 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Burning Air (Kindle Edition)
We all have issues within our family's but this family seemed to hold all the cards. Great read and the story flowed. Well worth a read.

A Density of Souls
A Density of Souls
Price: 1.96

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my all time favourites, 23 Aug 2013
Read this book first years ago, and have been eagerly awaiting its kindle release.

The story of four children, and their path through to adulthood is written so beautifully and so heartfelt.

This is like a fairytale in the way that it is written.

I can't do this book justice just buy it and settle down and enjoy it.

Where'd You Go, Bernadette
Where'd You Go, Bernadette
Price: 4.84

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprise read, 23 Aug 2013
I loved the way in which you find out Bernadette's past and what went on before her departure.

It was very well written and great fun

Lexicon
Lexicon
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Lexicon (Kindle Edition)
This is at first a very confusing read, but let yourself go and you will be in for a treat.

A thoughtful thriller

Bad Moon Rising
Bad Moon Rising
Price: 2.02

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best ending of any trilogy, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Bad Moon Rising (Kindle Edition)
This is brilliant in fact all three books are. But this one really ramps up the excitement to fever pitch.

I loved the way that all the characters stories are finished off nicely, not saying everyone lives but its brilliantly executed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3