Profile for John Moore > Reviews

Content by John Moore

John Moore "John Moore" (Dorset. England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Harlow [DVD] [1965] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Harlow [DVD] [1965] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Carroll Baker
Offered by supermart_usa

2.0 out of 5 stars This film lacks a great deal on Jean Harlow's life, 8 Dec 2014
This film lacks a great deal on Jean Harlow's life. for a start I believe you could of got a more better actress to play "Harlow" then Carroll Baker who sports around a Doris Day hair style. the music or scenery lets this film down. as for Angela Lansbury being Jean's Mother it looks more like her boring soap opera "Murder She Wrote" Theres no good acting a very poor performance from all and some cannot even act to save themselves. if you want to see the real Jean Harlow then buy some of her films and witness for yourself what you think about her movies? yes, she made bad movies when she first started out on her film career. yes, she was a critic's delight over her performance in her films. but she eventually found her own way to be a big movie star in certain films she was made for. and she was a success. she also made films with some of Hollywoods most famous actors James Cagney Clark Gable are just two but there were many more. I have a book "The Complete Films Of Jean Harlow. I use this book as a guide to find the films I want of Jean Harlow. on looking at Carroll Baker's film of Jean Harlow it NEVER be a Substitute for the very true Jean Harlow and the true films of Jean Harlow. this films just passes the time I have it to remember about Jean Harlow it is not my favourite.

Man Of A Thousand Faces [DVD]
Man Of A Thousand Faces [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Cagney

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!!, 8 Dec 2014
This is a remarkable film Cagney plays these roles with superb acting. I did not know that Lon Chaney's parents were deaf. the way in which he communicates with them is very moving. James Cagney is just unique in this film. the various characters he takes on are really something to be admired for. watch how he plays the cripple in the Miracle Man? and the feeling he puts into the character? the film is quite sad in parts. James Cagney should of got an Oscar for this film. it is surprising to note that with all his films he only received just one Oscar for his musical film "Yankee Doodle Dandy" his only Oscar. he most certainly made films that he should of won awards for and this film should of been one of them. about the life of Lon Chaney. a very well made film and great acting by Cagney.

Peaky Blinders - Series 2 [DVD]
Peaky Blinders - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cillian Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Peaky Blinders., 21 Nov 2014
Hoorah for series 2, my prayers were answered when I asked if, another series was to follow? this programme never loses it's plot it is still good as the first series although so far I have just watched one episode of the series 2 programme. upon seeing that one episode I am sure the rest will be just as good. I now hope that There will be more of the series made over the years. this is first class t.v. drama & has become a firm favourite with many people like Downton Abbey has become. The Peaky Blinders also share that stage as well.

Paint Pad ProTM Main Unit - endorsed by DIY expert Tommy Walsh
Paint Pad ProTM Main Unit - endorsed by DIY expert Tommy Walsh
Offered by Innovation Gift Shop

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless & messy!!, 17 Nov 2014
cheap useless rubbish. there will never be any easy way to decorate. all these so called quick & easy ways do nothing to help. it might take time to paint walls, ceilings etc the old way at least you would get more satisfaction on doing and seeing the job as you go along. instead of using these messy crap paint pads & never mind what Tommy Walsh says about them. I had one and found I used more paint and washing the pads was time consuming. avoid these items.

Juarez [DVD] [1939] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Juarez [DVD] [1939] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Brian Aherne
Offered by supermart_usa

3.0 out of 5 stars Juarez is not a bad film but I only would want to see it ..., 23 Aug 2014
Juarez is not a bad film but I only would want to see it once. being a fan of Bette Davis she give's a very powerful performance. Paul Muni look's more like a Morbid Abraham Lincoln undertaker I found the film in parts interesting and then loses it's plot and the music I found to loud and drown out parts of this film. so I'm afraid it's not one of my favourite Bette Davis films.

FLEXISEQ 50G GEL *** 2 PACK *****
FLEXISEQ 50G GEL *** 2 PACK *****
Offered by Zafash Pharmacy

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but still suffer!, 1 Aug 2014
At £15 a tube this is a very expensive NO CURE. yes, it might work on some people but, by others like me who have tried this gel and have got NO satisfaction from it then it is a RIP-OFF! I have brought a single tube then the two pack so far I have wasted £45 on rubbish! and as one reviewer states the so called persons who invented this crap get rich out of other people's suffering. I am sticking to see my Doctor and attending Hospitals for my cure although even if, it can be controlled so I don't have to suffer so much in pain it'll be much better then wasting my money on a overpriced crap product as FLEXISEQ! why, the tube holds very little of the gel so you don't get much for your money. which means you get to pay out more. whilst the shareholders and manufactures of this product get rich out of our pains. a RIP-OFF DO NOT BUY!!!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 5, 2014 10:05 AM BST

The Sweeney [DVD]
The Sweeney [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ray Winstone

1.0 out of 5 stars A Vulgar dvd., 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Sweeney [DVD] (DVD)
Sorry, but, never mind the high reviews of this film. it is no where near to the John Thaw Sweeney. this is a vulgar ugly film that does no credit.

Maine Small Extra Deep Bookcase - Pine Effect
Maine Small Extra Deep Bookcase - Pine Effect
Offered by Duga Jak Home Bargain

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks Good, 15 Jun 2014
I do like this bookcase. it looks quite smart and set's off my books. the only drawback is I do wish the panels had lettered letters. as, this can be confusing as some panels look so alike. I had to unscrew part of this unit has I had it round the wrong way. other then that it is quite a good looking stylish bookcase.

Professional Belt Drive Turntable
Professional Belt Drive Turntable

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Turntable, 11 Jun 2014
I ordered this item on Sunday June 8th and it arrived on Tuesday June 10th. great service & reliability from seller. as, for the turntable it is to me a great looking piece of HI-FI. the deck is quite light. it is very stylish in design. and it can be connected quickly to your HI-FI or computer. yes, there's even a USB port to download your vinyl to a computer. I still have some vinyl which I wanted to keep to find a suitable turntable was quite hard. they were overpriced looked cheap & nasty or didn't even looked right. upon finding this turntable on Amazon and the good reviews I took a chance. I'm glad I did. for me it is what I wanted and it is now a pleasure to listen to my old vinyl records that have been locked away for some time now. it is quick to set up everything is there for you. even software for connecting to a computer. a joy to listen too. a stylish piece of kit and very reasonable priced an excellent purchase.

Big Hits 98
Big Hits 98
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA

1.0 out of 5 stars Dribble talentless crap., 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: Big Hits 98 (Audio CD)
How can anyone call this music? I only know about two songs on this disc. the rest well, I do not know how on earth these so called "pop stars" if, that you can call these so called figures who don't seem to have any talent to even write anything that is music. just a din of talentless, Lyricless boring crap. all the music industry today consist of is nothing of any interest or even any appeal. maybe I'm changing my views and outlook on music? but, these "Big Hits Series" of cd's are no match for better recordings that can be found on other cd's of these years. so it is best to shop around for the best music of the late 1990's music. these big hits are just one big joke. I like to listen to music not mindless musicless crap that these cd's have on there track listings!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10