Profile for Graham White > Reviews

Content by Graham White

Graham White (Hampshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Sakura Car Mats in Black for Volkswagen Polo (Fits 2004 to 2009 Models)
Sakura Car Mats in Black for Volkswagen Polo (Fits 2004 to 2009 Models)
Offered by Contour7
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits well and seem good quality, 5 April 2014
These arrived today and went straight in our 58 plate polo with no problems at all. All four fitting holes are the right shape and lined up perfectly. The mats both front and read seem to be cut to a good shape for the car and generally feed decent quality. The drivers side has additional wear patches for under the pedals which you normally find on more expensive mats. Can't really go wrong with these as far as I can see.

Ambi Toys  Family Duck
Ambi Toys Family Duck
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nephew loves it, 2 April 2014
This is a great little set, four toys in one really. They're easy to clean up, store away very nicely and have provided hours of fun at bath time for our nephew.

Brabantia Essential Line Can Opener with Metal Handle and Plastic Grip
Brabantia Essential Line Can Opener with Metal Handle and Plastic Grip
Offered by EasihomeCookshop
Price: 6.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've ever used, 2 April 2014
OK, so these are a bit more expensive than some of the standard can openers you might be able to buy. However, they're so worth it. I've been through so many naff ones over the years I finally bothered to look online for ones with some decent user reviews and came across these. I'm not sorry I did either, I decided to "splash out" on them and a few years down the line they still work beautifully. They crack through any tin I try them on and run around the rim so smoothly without causing any unnecessary sharp edges. I'll be looking at the Brabantia range very closely when I need other things in the kitchen in future.

Samsung 16GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Extreme Speed Card
Samsung 16GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Extreme Speed Card
Offered by ezone-uk
Price: 8.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, big, works well, 2 April 2014
The size of this (physical size) really does surprise you when you get it - forgetting just how small a micro SD really is. It comes with an adapter so you can use it as a full size SD card too which makes me wonder why I'd bother buying a full size one again give having the micro just gives you more options of what you can do with it. I put this into a smart phone that had a very low internal storage (HTC Desire) so I could run Cyanogen on the phone directly from the SD card. The speed of this one was sufficient for that rather demanding purpose and the card lives up to the promises of speed and quality (it's still working well a couple of years later).

Automatic LED Night Light - Plug in & Energy Saving Dusk 2 Dawn LED Night Light Sensitive Night Light
Offered by Strictly Lamps
Price: 4.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 April 2014
These were a real surprise when they turned up, they're quite a lot smaller than I was expecting. The size doesn't even extend outside the bounds of the single plug socket into which we've placed it. The amount of light you get from it is really rather decent too, we've got one in the bedroom so we can see our newborn baby during the night without turning on extra lights and waking him up; we've got another on the upstairs landing which is enough light to see your way into the bathroom or even down the stairs without turning on any other lights. I do have the same criticism that other reviewers have posted, the light sensor isn't quite sensitive enough so they do tend to come on rather early and go off rather late - we've tended to just turn them off at the socket during the day because sometimes they don't turn off at all if it's a particularly dull day. However, being LED, they draw next to no electricity - they don't even register on my household power meter - so it wouldn't be the end of the world if they were left on the whole time anyway.

Nokia Asha 302 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Dark Grey
Nokia Asha 302 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Dark Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars A throwback to a previous era that still works well, 2 April 2014
My wife gave me the task of finding her a phone with a very specific set of characteristics that ruled out more or less all the Android or iPhone smart phones on the market - one of her requirements was good battery life! This Nokia works really well, surprisingly well actually given the age and relative simplicity of the software running on it. It has many of the features and main apps you get on smart phones but at a fraction of the price and with a very respectable battery life of more or less a weeks worth of usage. Nokia have an app store from which you can download and install additional apps. The main ones most people will want (Facebook, Twitter, etc) are pre-installed, however. The app store isn't nearly as rich (a small fraction) of the iTunes or Google Play stores but you purchase a phone like this knowing that to be the case. The other features we wanted (wifi, bluetooth, camera, google sync) all work really well. If you're someone who doesn't really do mobile browsing on the go while out of the house (perhaps you use a tablet when at home as we do) then this is actually a really good option. You can still access the Internet in an emergency if you need to whilst out, you can carry around your diary/calendar with you in your pocket, call, text, take some respectable quality pictures and enjoy not having to put it on charge every night!

Torx 7 Piece Screwdriver Set by electrosmart - Set includes 1 each of: T5 T6 T7 T8 T9 T10 T15
Offered by electrosmart
Price: 4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but functional, 2 April 2014
This is a nice cheap little torx set for those of us that don't use this sort of thing very much. They did just the job I bought them for (opening a tablet case - don't ask!), however, they do feel very cheap indeed when you're using them. The ends (red or blue) are supposed to rotate to facilitate easy turning of the torx bit. They do this, however, they're quite stiff which makes it rather awkward. For me, I would buy these again as I know I don't use them very much. If you're someone who's intending to get a lot of use out of them though it might just be worth spending a bit more and looking elsewhere.

MOD NOKIA ASHA 302 LUXURY SOFT SILICONE GEL CASE COVER POUCH SKIN + FREE SCREEN PROTECTOR
Offered by Mod Accessories Limited
Price: 3.29

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife loves it, 2 April 2014
This was a gift for my wife, for her new Nokia Asha 302 phone. The case fits very snugly around the phone without any risk of the phone falling out. All the buttons and ports are accessible through the case as well so there's really no need to remove it again once it's on. The phone is easily used with the case in place. It provides a good amount of protection for the main phone body and the small rim around the front of the phone prevents the keys or screen touching a surface should the phone be placed face-down. My wife loves the case (probably mostly for the colour scheme) but as a case itself it's really quite good too.

1300 x (38mm x 21mm) Peelable / Removable A4 Labels - L7651
1300 x (38mm x 21mm) Peelable / Removable A4 Labels - L7651
Offered by A4 LABELS
Price: 6.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, just want I wanted, 2 April 2014
These sticker sheets do exactly what they say they're going to do. They're easy to write on in any pen and apply with a good amount of stick to anything I've stuck them to so far. When you're done, they're easily removed as well without leaving any nasty residue or tearing and being hard to get off. I'm using them mostly for labelling home cooked food in the freezer and they survive that harsh environment pretty well. I've used a few in other less harsh applications around the house and they're excellent. This small size is perfect for what I wanted and so I've got loads of stickers in the pack to use up too - they're going to last for ages.

Clippasafe Roller Blind (2-Pack)
Clippasafe Roller Blind (2-Pack)
Offered by Madster Ltd
Price: 9.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 April 2014
One of the other reviewers has described exactly how these work already and I'd second and recommend that review. What I love about these is the options they give you around hooking the blinds over the top of the window so you don't have to rely on the suckers but then they also provide the suckers just in case you can't use the hooks. I've put one of these in each of our two cars, a VW Polo and a VW Golf, unfortunately neither car was able to accept the hook over the top of the window so we're using the suckers in both cars. However, they're perfectly adequate and we've not had any incidents of the blinds falling off at any point. At the bottom of the blind is an option for securing it in place with a third sucker or with velcro (again all supplied). Another point worth noting (if you really are drawn to these by the hook over the window feature) is that I'd think for most cars with electric windows they're not going to accept the hooks - our Golf (with electric windows at the back) simply winds the window back down as it seems to detect a finger is trapped and so the safety mechanism cuts in to unwind again - our Polo (with manual windows at the back) was unable to wind the window up fully with the hook over the top. Don't get too caught up with these hooks though, the suckers really do work. For the price of these things I'd thoroughly recommend them!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7