Profile for Princess Gilo > Reviews

Content by Princess Gilo

Princess Gilo (London, UK)

Hide and Seek In The Night Garden Puzzle
Hide and Seek In The Night Garden Puzzle

4.0 out of 5 stars Kim's game gets a makeover, 18 Jan 2008
This is a reworking of the classic Kim's game, where you take something away from a selection of objects without the other person seeing and then they have to guess what's changed. Remember that? It's a very simple and easy to use game that encourages observation skills and memory. I played this In The Night Garden version with my nephew and he tried very hard to remember or work out what had changed, which took concentration and memory, both great skills for kids to learn. And he was really pleased with himself when he guessed right! Although it is a rather basic game and isn't something to keep him occupied for hours, it's well made and good for a bit of supervised fun.

VTech VSmile Learning Game Backyardigans
VTech VSmile Learning Game Backyardigans
Offered by mg_and_m
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived in 24 hours!, 9 Jan 2008
I think the delivery problem the previous reviewer experienced must've been a temporary glitch because I've just bought this game for my nephew as part of a bulk order of games for his Vsmile console and it arrived the next day. And the little tike loves it! Seems to be a well-designed game that he's enjoying over and over, but then he's crazy about Pablo and the Backyardigans so that's not surprising!

VTech Whiz Kid
VTech Whiz Kid

3.0 out of 5 stars Kept kids amused for hours, 9 Jan 2008
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: VTech Whiz Kid (Toy)
I'm very glad I bought this from Amazon for my nephew, he's been fascinated by it and it keeps him busy on his own for a while, especially with the various cards I bought as extras, enabling the interaction to be kept varied. It's basically a clever way to educate a child while making it seem like a computer game!

Operation Game
Operation Game
Offered by Glamstation UK
Price: 15.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Silly fun for adults, 7 Jan 2008
This review is from: Operation Game (Toy)
My boyfriend was bought this as a present when he changed career to train as a doctor. We thought it was a pretty funny joke gift but that was all - didn't expect it would be fun to actually play as adults. How wrong we were! It was brought out one evening over Christmas (after we'd had a few sherries!) and proved to be hilarious. Try keeping your hand still after you've had a few and you'll see what I mean! It brought out the competitive nature of some of the guys in the room too, who couldn't help getting frustrated with their inability to use tweezers (women have an advantage here!) and mocking each other for repeatedly setting off the buzzer. It's a pretty basic idea and not intellectually challenging, and it is quite flimsily made (the inside of the box itself forms the playing surface), but it's good for parties and families and a bit of lighthearted retro fun for a very good price.
P.S. If you want to make it more challenging, try setting up the pieces upside down in the slots - makes it a lot harder to get them out!

Miffy Pastel Musical Mobile by Rainbow Designs
Miffy Pastel Musical Mobile by Rainbow Designs

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely item and worth the money, 17 Dec 2007
I bought this for my a friend's baby as a christening present, it was one of the more expensive musical mobiles on the market but worth every penny. My friend's daughter can't stop smiling when it's on and it's well made and came in a lovely presentation box. I'm a fan of Miffy myself, I remember it from way back as does my friend, so it's a nice addition to her daughter's room and something nostalgic for the rest of us! Lovely.

Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera (Blue)
Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera (Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars It made my daughter happy, 17 Dec 2007
After seeing this advertised I thought great idea, my daughter is two and is always trying to take photos with my digital camera. From the other negative reviews written here you'd think it was awful, but my daughter has never put it down. To see her little face when she is taking the photos is priceless. For the money I think it is worth it. Yes, the photo quality is not fantastic and the lens is not quite aligned but, hey, she's not quite David Bailey yet!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2007 6:00 PM GMT

Character Options - Radio Control Dalek With Sound
Character Options - Radio Control Dalek With Sound

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun for a good price, 12 Dec 2007
The Dalek I got was exactly the one in the picture. It does say here colours vary so I would've been happy with the brown or the black, but I got the brown one. It's on my desk at work and looks really cool, people keep coming over and playing with it though, so I'm not getting much work done! :-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2010 9:10 PM GMT

Barbie My Size Throne
Barbie My Size Throne

4.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain!, 12 Dec 2007
This review is from: Barbie My Size Throne (Toy)
I bought this for my niece, I still can't believe this full size throne that she can sit on has only cost me 20! She's 6 years old and the chair takes pride of place in her room now, and her friends fight over who's going to sit in it when playing princess because they all love it. If you have a big child it may not take their weight well or put up with a lot of bashing around but it's a bargain for the size and has cool features such as a musical lid and clips to wear etc. Glad I bought it, she loves Barbie and this is now one of the most played with items she owns.

From Beyond The Grave [DVD] [1973]
From Beyond The Grave [DVD] [1973]
Dvd ~ Wendy Allnutt
Offered by g515tfl
Price: 38.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Four quality horror tales in one - bargain!, 15 Oct 2007
Sometimes older horror tales told through the scope of short vignettes can be dated and daft, but I really like this collection. Some of the tales are really rather spooky, not with shock-factor blood and guts but more in an eerie and unsettling way... like all the best horror classics, they get in your brain and leave you thinking about them in quite moments afterwards. I also liked the inclusion of morality behind the stories, and the camera work is really quite inventive and well-crafted considering these are not modern productions. Discerning film fans will enjoy this collection immensely... great production, great plots, great actors... great stuff!

Poltergeist (25th Anniversary Edition) [DVD] [1982]
Poltergeist (25th Anniversary Edition) [DVD] [1982]
Dvd ~ Craig T Nelson
Offered by MusicnMedia
Price: 3.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for this!, 15 Oct 2007
It's the first time the film has been "remastered" on region 2 DVD, which basically means the sound and picture quality will be vastly improved and we'll get the full force of this truly unnerving horror classic. Can't wait to watch this on Hallowe'en evening curled up on the sofa (or hiding behind it!)