Profile for pcd > Reviews

Content by pcd

pcd "Pete" (Gravesend, Kent United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Samsung S5230 Tocco Lite Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black
Samsung S5230 Tocco Lite Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Electronic misery, 27 Dec. 2011
The main faults of this phone and samsung that I have found are.
A) the touch screen is unrespensive(dont think your getting anything near as good as an iphone)I have to use a stylus although someone said the new 'icon' model won't work with one.
B) the 'hold' key on the side unlocks the phone.Put it in your pocket -even in a case and it unlocks,it frequently speed dials my wife.But I have no idea my self how to speed dialmy wife on this phone theres nothing in the manual-so i cannot do-it but my phone can !!!!! The only way to defeat this is to set a unlock code -i dont want to thanks.
c) 'the manual'..... utter rubbish-you can scroll menus using the volume buttons -not mentioned-found it by accident .
d)the online manual - see (c)
e) You CANNOT connect to WIN7 64BIT OS by USB the New Phone Studio software doesnt support it (how long has this flavour of win 7 been around samnsung ???)-This means bluetooth only connection and its truly unreliable.
f)the radio will only play with the earphones attached-you cannot listen to the radio through the speaker !
However you can listen to the mp3 player without headphones attached -go figure this one.
g)The headset has a special connector so forget you new senhheisers you can only use the ones supplied.

Why anyone would want to buy this is beyond me my next phone wont be samsung.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2012 8:42 PM GMT

Yale Patio Door Lock - Polished Brass Gold - P114PB - Timber Doors
Yale Patio Door Lock - Polished Brass Gold - P114PB - Timber Doors

5.0 out of 5 stars security assured, 24 Oct. 2011
a sturdy piece of work but beware...You need a hefty drill bit to make the hole in the patio door. Approx 1/2 inch .Which is bigger than most drill chucks will open to.I fortunately have a monster drill which did the job.The other way is a smaller hole and a round file but there wont be much room to file back and forth.
The device locks by pushing in the lock and unlocks by turning the key,but even though the hole is correct ly placed mine sticks a bit.

Grover Tuners 102:18C 3+3 Chrome Set with screw-in bushings, washers and screws
Grover Tuners 102:18C 3+3 Chrome Set with screw-in bushings, washers and screws
Offered by langton_info_england

5.0 out of 5 stars grovers, 24 Oct. 2011
they are good they are cheap and anyone who plays guitar knows they are good,comes with a little packet of screws , may not fit your existing machine head holes , i had to ream them out on my epiphone les paul but once fitted they are excellent.

Rise Against Street Men's T-Shirt Black Small
Rise Against Street Men's T-Shirt Black Small

4.0 out of 5 stars t-shirt review.., 24 Oct. 2011
not great quality a thin t shirt may shrink in the wash or stretch.
design is screened on to the fabric.

Sennheiser PX 100-II Foldable Open Mini On-Ear Headphone - Black
Sennheiser PX 100-II Foldable Open Mini On-Ear Headphone - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 24 Oct. 2011
O.K I bought these on the strength of the ***** reviews .

BUT I failed to look at the one * reviews which have identified an issue with these,namely one earphone fails ...

THIS is the precise reason I was buying new 'phones as my Sennheiser 415HD failed completely out of the blue (after 3 years with the same thing.
It took me while to find out the problem.I've been in electronics for a while and I traced the fault to the driver actually failing,( FWIW no continuity on a volt meter set for resisitance- the copper windings had parted!?) Never in all my years have I known a driver to fail...Leads yes... at the plug or... at the phones but NEVER a driver fail.What's happening ? are they literally shaking themselves to pieces ??

It looks like there is the same issue with these headphones as well.So...

Having said this I like what i'm hearing ,they are well balanced although I had to change the Eq a bit to take some bass out but they are crisp and inexplicably they have changed the focus of the tracks i've played ..I've literally heard new things (extra overdub guitar tracks that weren't obvious previously.
Yes I like them you will too ..for as long as they last.. ;-

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for Money, 14 Aug. 2011
Lots of speakers for mp3 players say they give great bass and crisp treble. Always been disappointed until now .This is excellent and cheap !!!

the lead that came with it was a bit confusing it has a 3.5mm stereo jack and a standard usb male jack
both joined to a mini usb male.The instructions are a bit brief and actually wrong.
The mini usb is used to connect the x-mini to the charging point (pc wall charger etc) via the standard usb.The stereo jack can be plugged in to your device to listen whilst charging.
This is where the instructions are wrong , it certainly implies via the diagram on p4. that you get no music whilst charging.

What i cannot get over is how something that is so small,the size of a satsuma orange, IS loud with very little distortion even when on full.

Love it to bits ....Go Buy it !

Crazy World
Crazy World
Offered by The Music Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy World ..Bring it on..., 7 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Crazy World (Audio CD)
This is my 'random play' album .It doesnt matter what comes next its all good. I love the production -Keith Olsen got it just right. From the stadium shaking 'tease me please me' to 'The Zoo'-like 'restless nights'
Kicks after 6 is cheesy BUT its written by Matthias Jabs(who never gets a look in) and the solo is fabulous.
'Hit between the eyes' yes it really does -saw this done live and its brilliant.
Lust or love thunders along with some descent riffery in the back ground.
Money and Fame smoulders with the inevitable 'vocoder/voicebox 'guitar (guitar in to amp then amp output down a tube into guitarist mouth he then speaks in to a mike using the guitar to make the sound .This song has the feel of china white from blackout.Dirty and I love it .
'Crazy world ' is a thunderous railroad train with great guitar fills and a bit of a message.
'They spent our money on missiles
For the third world war
Now they're stacked in my backyard
We don't need them no more'

Wind of change- i like it but sadly ironic that this was the hit they will be remembered for.
'send me an angel' i can listen to this without going - urgh ! Not cheesy just a good song.

If you want to know what the scorpions are all about this is agood place to start.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2013 2:27 PM BST

Pure Instinct
Pure Instinct
Offered by thebookcommunity

1.0 out of 5 stars Pure stink..., 7 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Pure Instinct (Audio CD)
In the world of hard rock this is a sticky marshmallow of an album.
Over produced and uninspired.
For some reason Scorpions have a keyboard player on this album - Just doesnt work.Two guitars,bass,drums is all thats required.
Klaus really doesnt stretch his voice at all -its all very ...er.... nice.. But nice isnt what we want
we want gritty sharp foot tapping stuff.Not nice.
There is no obvious single and frankly the whole horrible episode is a waste of electricity.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2014 11:13 PM BST

PURE Chronos iDock DAB/FM Clock Radio with iPod Dock - Black
PURE Chronos iDock DAB/FM Clock Radio with iPod Dock - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced and Underperforms, 4 April 2009
There are a lot ipod docking stations/alarm clocks on the market and I chose pure digital because it a leading brand.
I am disappointed.

Firstly the adaptor for my ipod touch they supplied was slightly too small (it was the correct adaptor BTW- they include about 7) So I had to resort to the one that came with my ipod which is white -not a good start.

Second- the volume is by 'push button' and at night level 1 you cant hear 2 is too loud IMHO.Ended up using a pair of powered speakers from the headphone socketso I could get the sound right -Not good.

Third the sound quality is poor. This is a £100.00 radio with a £30.00 quality on both the ipod and the DAB. Weak with no presence and no stereo
separation.

Fourthly The dab reception is poor .My sons tempus which I brought in to the bedroom as a comparison had absolutely no problem with most channels.This however was showing a signal strength of about 60%-Hopeless.

Fifth the snooze 'button' needs pushing twice - it simply doesnt do it the first time.

Sixth I havent had any of the myriad of other problems reported here
screens that dont work and the buzzing issue which has plagued several
reviews.

Seventh You do only get an aux in and a head phones out socket , no digital out for recording like other PURE model

Eighth It just feels plasticy and cheap.

If you are going to splash £100 on a radio this is NOT the one.

Veho VFS-001me 5 Mega pixel slide and negative scanner, USB 2, Vista
Veho VFS-001me 5 Mega pixel slide and negative scanner, USB 2, Vista

5.0 out of 5 stars set up problem with odd solution read this, 6 July 2008
Once in to photoimpression I calibrated the scanner as instructed and pressed 'acquire'.The 'LIVE' image was blocks of colour that jumped around .Tried loads of things restart reinstall s/w etc finally just b4 I packed it back to amazon I moved the scanner to a different USB port -actually one on a hub not the front panel of pc. Strangely it suddenly was working fine.Moved it back and 'jackson pollack' mode again. No idea why a hub should solve this usually they cause this sort of prob.

Once running the results are pretty good , dependent on negative quality of course

What you do........
You put negs in holder feed in one at a time take snapshot and then transfer to pc

What you get.....

.On highest resolution 36 bit 4800 dpi (only .TIF extention available - lower res have jpg option too ) BTW the file size for the highest res is reading as 99MB for a 25mm negativein windows They are BIG
The whole process for one slide/neg takes about 5-10 sec.There is a copy button on top of the unit but all the commands are from software and i've never had to use it.

Hope this helps folks