Profile for catlady > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Blue Lights in the Basement
Blue Lights in the Basement

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 29 Jun 2014
I originally had this on vinyl but a friend acquired it many years ago so it was really good to hear it again and it brought back a lot of memories. My all time favourite Roberta Flack song is 25th of Last December and if you've never heard this one it is worth buying for this track alone. The other tracks are also excellent and there is a real blues feel to some of them as though you are in a nightclub.

Proteam Baggage Trolley
Proteam Baggage Trolley
Offered by Worthitstore

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful and portable, 7 Jun 2014
I bought this as I needed something to transport a laptop and have trouble lifting things so this seemed to fit the bill. It is very lightweight and easy to use, very compact and portable. Not sure how it would stand up to heavy loads but for lightweight baggage it's a good buy.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

2.0 out of 5 stars Promising but disappointing, 7 Jun 2014
I really liked this when I started reading it but as it went on it just seemed to get more fanciful and I lost interest in wanting to know what happened to the characters. I know others have loved this but it wasn't for me.

Forever Begins Tonight
Forever Begins Tonight
Offered by Springwood Media

4.0 out of 5 stars Wondersful voice, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Forever Begins Tonight (Audio CD)
I had the first Patrizio CD which I loved, I had never heard him before and it really grows on you. This CD doesn't disappoint and the only reason I gave it 4 stars is because I don't think it is quite as good as the first one but I like it all the same.

Shine On
Shine On

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous voice, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Shine On (Audio CD)
I love Sarah McLachlan's voice and her songs. They have a haunting quality and this is a CD that stays on over and over. She doesn't seem to get much coverage in the media as far as I can see and she is definitely worth listening to.

The Very Best of the Osmonds
The Very Best of the Osmonds

5.0 out of 5 stars Great classic collection, 27 April 2014
Excellent cd with all the hits. Love the big ballads best and prefer these versions to later cover versions. Beautiful harmonies.

Anthology
Anthology
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent collection, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Anthology (Audio CD)
I love Sad Cafe, one of my favourite bands. This collection has everything and was very good value for money.

The Very Best of Gilbert O'Sullivan - A Singer & His Songs
The Very Best of Gilbert O'Sullivan - A Singer & His Songs

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant collection, 27 April 2014
Love this collection. Gilbert O'Sullivans songs are so descriptive and they tell a story which appeals to me. It takes me back to the 70s.

If You Wait
If You Wait

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but a bit repetitive, 27 April 2014
This review is from: If You Wait (Audio CD)
I bought this after hearing them perform on tv as i was very impressed with the lead singer and although it is good it doesnt have any stand out tracks and is all a bit samey.

The Collection
The Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and tuneful collection, 27 April 2014
This review is from: The Collection (Audio CD)
I had forgotten what a beautiful voice Rita Coolidge has and this has all the hits, wonderful. I love this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3