Profile for Luis > Reviews

The Olivia Collection Sterling Silver Button Stud Earrings
The Olivia Collection Sterling Silver Button Stud Earrings
Offered by eurosparkle

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful earrings - poor butterflies, 7 Feb. 2014
This would have been a 5 star rating, as they are very pretty. However, the butterfly clasp things on the back are very shoddy and flimsy, and I have had to replace them with a set nicked off another of my pairs of earrings, as they kept falling off, which was very frustrating, especially the time it happened at night and it fell in my ear…….!

However, the earrings themselves are a nice size, very shiny, and comfy to wear all day and sleep in.

Heavy Duty Bug Blind,Fly Blind,Strip Blind, Door Blind-BLUE & WHITE-(80cm wide-Standard UK door size)
Offered by Holland Plastics (UK) Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Oct. 2013
Totally standing up to being repeatedly swung on by cats, puppies and toddlers, the opening and closing of the door over which it hangs, and being knocked off all the flipping time!

Outstanding, worth twice the price!

WHISPER OF THE PAST
WHISPER OF THE PAST

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 5 Oct. 2013
I picked this up on a recommendation from friend, and I am glad I did. The story is intriguing enough to keep you turning the pages, whilst the building relationship between Ella and her carpenter (:D ) weaves nicely in with the plot and point of the book, without overshadowing it and making it "just chick-lit".

The author obviously knows her stuff regarding the subject of the story, and it comes through well. It is an easy, enjoyable read, and certain to make me read more by her.

Bosch Rotak 34 Ergoflex Electric Rotary Lawnmower (34 cm Cutting Width) (Old Version) (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very robust, 3 Aug. 2013
I am not entirely pleased with this purchase. It serves it's main purpose, in that the grass ends up shorter than when I started, so in that respect it does what a lawnmower should. The adjustable height thing is also a good feature.

However, it is not very well made at all, and I really do not know how they can justify it's 'ergonomic' title, as it is as unwieldy and bloody awkward as the last mower I had. I specifically wanted one that was lighter and easier to use due to my neck arthritis, but this has not been the case.

It sheds screws and bolts every time I use it (and this is not down to me putting it together incorrectly, as I suspected this, and had it rechecked by others!), and I have had to jerry-rig it a couple of times now with stuff from my own kit in order to keep it together.

The grass box does not carry as much as I would like (given that my front lawn is only about 10' square, I have to empty the box twice), and the power cable is really not that long either.

All in all, I had to have a new mower as the old one was kaput, so I am happy in that it cuts well, but I would have gone looking for something different had I known the ergonomic feature was not as advertised - use one handed? Uphill??

The Cuckoos' Nest - 500 Years of Cambridge Spies
The Cuckoos' Nest - 500 Years of Cambridge Spies

3.0 out of 5 stars Less gripping than expected., 19 May 2013
I was also generously given an advance copy of this to review, and had really been looking forward to reading it, as this is a particular area of interest for me. However, it is sadly very basic, and not particularly well written. It has quite a bit of information in it, but the way it is laid out makes it quite hard to follow the thread of each point, as the author wanders off on tangents, then rejoins again when you are lost.

The author has a very accessible style, in that it certainly did not feel like a dry, academic tome, and if you are looking for a introduction into this area, it may well be worth getting, as it will provide you with enough of a taster to whet your appetite enough to move onto other, more detailed, better written works.

Duronic KS4000 Wall Mounted Digital Display 3KG Kitchen Scales with 2 Years FREE Warranty
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 26 April 2013
Extremely easy to wall mount (even for a mere female such as myself.......), very accurate, exceptionally good value and have proven to be an invaluable addition to my kitchen. Being constantly available in my food prep area is the reason I chose wall mounted, and these lovely scales are aesthetically pleasing, double up with a clock and timer function, and fold away to near flat.

Highly recommended.

The Natural History Museum Dinosaur Torch and Projector
The Natural History Museum Dinosaur Torch and Projector

5.0 out of 5 stars Big hit, 26 April 2013
Bought as a birthday present for my friend's 5 year old son, it was immediately opened and used and declared to be awesome!

Wesco DR101 Dr Who Dalek Floating Pen
Wesco DR101 Dr Who Dalek Floating Pen

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge Hit, 26 April 2013
Bought as a birthday present for my friend's 10 year old son, it was greeted with gasps of awe and reverence, and promptly declared AWESOME.

Octonauts - The Collection [DVD]
Octonauts - The Collection [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST DVD PURCHASE EVER, 26 April 2013
My 3.5 yr old son is Octonauts MAD, and it has to be said that this 3 DVD set represents not only FANTASTIC value for money, but also quite a lot of valuable peace and quiet!

Lacor-67001-5 PCS. MEASURING SET ST/STEEL 18/10
Lacor-67001-5 PCS. MEASURING SET ST/STEEL 18/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 April 2013
Excellent value, these spoons are wearing well, dishwasher proof, lovely and sturdy. Nice to handle and proving invaluable in my kitchen.

Page: 1 | 2