Profile for Javvad Malik > Reviews

Bodymax CF376R Half Cage Squat Rack
Bodymax CF376R Half Cage Squat Rack

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bit of kit with a small footprint, 30 Nov. 2014
Length:: 1:17 Mins

A great product that was super easy to set up even for one person on their own. I had it assembled in an hour.

The overall dimensions and footprint is small so it doesn't take up much more room than what my bench and bar were already taking up. It's very well constructed and I have confidence in it all the time to remain sturdy which it does.

The pull up bar is very good as are the dips... although, the dip bars need to be facing inwards in order to maintain balance of the overall structure.

As you can see from the video, I included olympic rings for some more bodyweight pull exercises and it works really well.

High Quality Self Adhesive Black Matte Vinyl Sheet Car Wrap Sticker 50cm x 1m Air Bubble Free From AUTO MOTO
Offered by T-I-S

1.0 out of 5 stars The item arrived promptly and looked very nice. Unfortunately it just doesn't seem to stick very ..., 24 July 2014
The item arrived promptly and looked very nice. Unfortunately it just doesn't seem to stick very well. I ensured surfaces were clean and applied carefully. Unless I'm missing something really obvious - it just doesn't stick. Thats not to say there's no adhesive at all, it just wasn't holding on, neither externally on the car nor on any internal parts. :/

TIS (TM) 1000mm x 500mm Red 3D Textured Carbon Fibre Film - Car Wrap Vinyl Sticker Sheet. 0.20mm, Dry Glue Technology
Offered by T-I-S

Proxima Direct® Mini Displayport to HDMI adapter - for MacBook Pro Air iMac etc - With Audio Top Quality - Thunderbolt Compatible
Offered by Proxima Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a really easy way to connect up to a monitor with a ..., 24 July 2014
I bought this for my 2011 13" macbook pro. Plugged it into the mac, connected it to my Sony Bravia TV using a HDMI cable that I already had (note you will need a HDMI cable if you don't already have one) - and viola! That was all there was to it.

It's a really easy way to connect up to a monitor with a HDMI input or just to play youtube or view pictures on the big screen.

The only thing that doesn't work is that I can't seem to get sound to work via the HDMI to play out of the TV. It's not a major issue for me, and I'm not sure if there's something I need to do to make it work, but fiddling with settings didn't get it to work. I don't think it's an issue with this product, probably an undocumented quirk of how Apple works.

All in all a very good purchase that I'd highly recommend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2014 1:20 PM BST

Kensington Wireless 2.4 GHz USB Presenter and Red Laser Pointer - Compatible with PowerPoint and KeyNote

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 13 Feb. 2014
It works great with my macbook pro. Plug in the usb and it recognised it straight away without any fuss. I wasn't looking for anything fancy - and this does the job perfectly. Back, forwards, screen blackout and a laser pointer.

Solid device.

Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World
Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't know what to believe..., 13 Feb. 2014
I was excited to get this book and read the 'other' side of the blood thirsty warrior known as Ghenghis Khan.

In some respects it was a decent read - gave some perspective and views that give a decent insight into the times and life of Khan. However, there are aspects of the book where the author has clearly just inserted their own opinion or fantasy particularly in the introductory pages and in glamorising some of the events. When cross-referenced with other sources, there are many facts that begin to fall apart. As a result, I was left thinking that it was a good story - but little idea as to what was true, misinterpreted or wholly fabricated.

Vax Steam Mop - S2 Upright Hard Floor Master
Vax Steam Mop - S2 Upright Hard Floor Master

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean floors at last!, 13 Feb. 2014
Many years ago I had an all-purpose steamer that used to splutter out some hot water and not much else, so I was a bit skeptical about this purchase.

However, I am pleased to say, it has been a great investment. You fill up with water and plug it in... within a couple of minutes the green light comes on and you are good to go. It's easy to use and manoeuvre and really gets those floors shinier than I ever could with a traditional mop.

I'd recommend purchasing the Coral Cleaning Pads to put on the end as they really clean up properly. Also try putting some iron water in the tank to get a sweet fragrance.

The only very minor downside is that I wish there was a longer power cable as I have to unplug it and move it when doing the room - but that's just me being lazy.

Kingston 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 SODIMM Memory
Kingston 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 SODIMM Memory

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly in my iMac, 12 Feb. 2014
I bought two of these to double my iMac's memory from 8 to 16GB of RAM.

Apple is really helpful in this regard that if you go into About this Mac, on the main menu then click on more info it will show you the overview which tells you the model (in my case a 27-inch mid 2011).

Then you can click on the memory tab and it will show you how many memory slots you have, how many are being used and how many are available. For me, it stated that it accepts 1333 Mhz DDR3 memory. On the bottom right of that dialog box is a link which says "memory upgrade instructions". Clicking on that takes you to the apple website where you find your particular model and it will tell you what the maximum memory it will accept in each slot along with diagrams on how to install the memory.

It was a really straightforward process and these little suckers done the job - my mac runs super smooth now even with hungry apps.

TP-Link TL-PA451KIT AV500 Powerline Adapter with AC Pass Through Starter Kit
TP-Link TL-PA451KIT AV500 Powerline Adapter with AC Pass Through Starter Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you feel like a networking superstar!, 25 July 2013
You know how the drill goes with anything relating to home networking or computing. Something that's meant to be relatively easy leaves you red-faced and frustrated after 3 hours by not working, despite turning the machine off and on again a few hundred times.

Not with these bad boys. I plugged both into the wall next to the router and used the included wire to connect the router to one of the plugs. Pressed the pair buttons and that was it... I mean really that was it.

Took the second plug into the man-den at the back of the garden, plugged it into the wall, stuck the cable into my laptop and behold I had internet in a previously dead place. I felt as manly as the first caveman who discovered fire.

I was a bit worried that the internet may not reach all the way to the back of the garden as I was reading somewhere about the loops in electric circuits etc could prohibit it... but I've had no such problems. Internet works great, I get fast enough speeds to download / upload all the regular stuff, youtube streams without any buffering. Altogether extremely happy.

Clipsham Vertical Blind Set (Complete Kit)
Clipsham Vertical Blind Set (Complete Kit)
Offered by Bargain Homeware

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and and functional, 25 July 2013
These are a nice set of blinds. Using the wand, the blinds tilt and slide very smoothly and easily.

The instructions that came with it are not the most user-friendly in the world. Spent ages putting in the ceiling track, only to then see I'd put it on the wrong way around (ok granted I'm not the most DIY savvy person in the world). Then there came the matter of fitting each individual blind... it's easy once you figure out how to do one, but getting that one figured out took me a while. After which you have to cut each blind to shorten them to the desired length. The process is easy, the blinds are very easy to cut... there are just a lot of them to cut and you have to measure each one out so they are of the proper length and then make sure you put the hooks on the same position on each of them otherwise you'll end up with some longer than others.

Once you're past these minor DIY struggles - they do look very nice and stylish and work very well. I got the white ones and you must beware that these are by no stretch of the imagination adequate to block light - in fact I'd say the fabric is thinner that what I was expecting... but it suits my purpose perfectly as its in the study and not in a bedroom.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3