Profile for A. D. Spellman > Reviews

Content by A. D. Spellman

A. D. Spellman "Dave" (Blackburn, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Photographer's Guide to The Lake District
The Photographer's Guide to The Lake District
by E Bowness

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little book, 13 May 2014
Just to add my voice to the others, this book is a great way to cut some corners of you don't have weeks to scout all locations. The tips are genuinely useful and I have found this book has helped me loads with much more to come. My photos on Flickr with usewr name Davescunningplan if you want to see how this book helped me.

Totally recommend this book.

Apple MD199B/A TV (official UK version)
Apple MD199B/A TV (official UK version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Bunny, 28 May 2012
Saw the mixed reviews so wanted to add that my March 2012 version of this product could not have been easier to install and set up. I have a Sony Bravia TV and not the fastest broadband but all works well. Its great to use my iPhone Remote App to control my itunes playback.
Totally happy bunny here.

Turning to One Another: Simple Conversations to Restore Hope to the Future
Turning to One Another: Simple Conversations to Restore Hope to the Future
by Margaret J. Wheatley

2.0 out of 5 stars mixed bag, 8 Jan 2011
I was given this book as part of a training program on leadership. I find it an uncomfortable mixture- sometimes thoughtful, sentimental, challenging and banal. It seems to be most 'home spun' wisdom from the author with few references or reasoned arguments. Its hard not to agree with a lot of the gist but I struggle to remember much detail from it. It has some useful things to say but its a casual book and perhaps not one with much substance when all is said and done. What is it saying? Rather frustrating for me i am afraid

Sony UWABR100 USB Network Adapter Bringing Wireless Internet Access to Your Wi-Fi Ready TV
Offered by KP ELECTRONICS

5.0 out of 5 stars good dongle, 8 May 2010
Great super fast delivery, did whatis aid it would> perfection would be a little cheaper I guess.. too much to ask perhaps! lol

Michael Rosen's Sad Book
Michael Rosen's Sad Book
by Michael Rosen

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Book, 29 Mar 2008
Rosen has produced a gem and as people have said the pictures are perfect for it.
An unusual book, a must buy if you want kids to be able to take feelings seriously.

FlyTech Dragonfly
FlyTech Dragonfly

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend, 23 Feb 2008
This review is from: FlyTech Dragonfly (Electronics)
Loads of fun and if you stick with it you'll master it takes some skill tho..

Great price I think

Stewart Lee - Stand-Up Comedian [DVD]
Stewart Lee - Stand-Up Comedian [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stewart Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and funny!, 23 Feb 2008
Stewart Lee is to my mind one of the smartest in the stand up field, his work is truly crafted. He is a master and this DVD is perhaps the finest set I have seen him do.

Dave Gorman In America Unchained [DVD] [2008]
Dave Gorman In America Unchained [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Dave Gorman

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, average dvd.., 19 Feb 2008
I have enjoyed Dave Gorman's other stuff and eagerly awaited this one. I have to relcutantly admit it was disappointing. Great idea, to travel across the USA only using independant gas stations, motels etc.. We see far too much of Dave predictably agonising where he'll get his next tank of 'unchained' gas etc, far too many in-car shots of anguished faces and not enough of the charachters along the way or why the journey is important.. Ultimately it turns out to be a bit dull, not enough fun, colour and interest to keep it going. Loyal fans will enjoy perhaps but not Dave's best work on this occasion.

Intempo IDS-02 , I-Pod Docking 2.1 Sound System in Black
Intempo IDS-02 , I-Pod Docking 2.1 Sound System in Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 10 Jan 2008
This is a great value product. I mean I have the Bose dock which is fantastic but way more expensive than this. I got this for someone else and they are very happy with it, funky looking and great sound. I also recommended it to someone else and they are really happy with it. Not the best sound quality but excellent for the money. Cant fault it because of that.

Inno3D Geforce 8500GT 800MHz 512MB Graphics Card - I-8500GT-H4F4D (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 10 Jan 2008
Got the card, put it in the machine, installed the drivers and Robert is my fathers brother!

Great card that does what I need it to. Now.. back to Call of Duty 4..

Page: 1 | 2