Profile for Malcom X > Reviews

Content by Malcom X

Malcom X "Frederick Douglas" (UK)

How To Change The World: Tales of Marx and Marxism
How To Change The World: Tales of Marx and Marxism
by Eric Hobsbawm

5.0 out of 5 stars KINDLE PRICE, 14 Jan. 2012
I would buy this in an instant for my Kindle, but have noticed that the Kindle price is more expensive than the paperback, despite have no printing costs and few material costs. Not something, I think, of which the author would approve!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2012 2:41 AM BST

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle revolution, 8 Jun. 2011
I have been a compulsive reader since childhood, and not been particularly keen to give up printed books for gimmicks. However, a colleague persuaded me to try the kindle, and it is amazing. Not only can I store thousands of books on the kindle, but has revolutionised the way I read. I am currently reading about three times faster than normal. I do not get tired eyes or tired reading in the way I do with printed books. I can load academic articles (my own and others) on to the kindle, and make my own notes. I can get books instantly through the wireless connection, and many out of copyright books are free! The only drawback I can see is that currently not all the books I want are available for kindle, but Amazon do have a request button on printed versions for sale, so the range is increasing all the time. This will do for books what Ipods did for music!

Corporate Crime (Longman Criminology Series)
Corporate Crime (Longman Criminology Series)
by Steve Tombs

5.0 out of 5 stars Corporate Crime Covered, 16 Dec. 2008
Although some of the statistics are obviously out of date, I don't know of a better introduction to corporate crime. This book covers everything, from legal history through to the extent of corporate crime to why corporate crime continues to receive relatively little attention despite killing around 2 million people world wide per year, injuring countless others and robbing billions. stops you thinking about the petty crimes we are so obsessed by and switches you on to where the real risk lies!