Profile for @jamesmcpake > Reviews

The Smell of Football
by Phil Neville
Price: 5.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Story of Football, 4 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Smell of Football (Hardcover)
Met Baz about one month ago and he told me he had a book out, at the start I thought why is a Physio/fitness coach bringing a book out. As I soon found out Baz was not just a normal Physio/fitness coach! I got to know him a bit more and soon realised how good and how long a career he had as both a player and also as the Physio at Preston and Everton( not forgetting his time at Halifax either). As a footballer myself I can relate in a lot of ways to what Baz writes about in his book, and for someone who is a big fan of football this book gives a much more truthful insight into the game than any other football related books I've previously read. The book has some fantastic stories ranging from being a young kid starting out and also about being a very important member of staff at a really top club in the premier league. it was a pleasure to work with Baz for the last month or so and a pleasure to read and learn more about the top man that Baz is. People involved in the game will love this book because it's truthful and fans will get the real insight into the game they love. A great read. Well done Baz!!