Profile for Struan > Reviews

Content by Struan

Struan

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Full Version)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Full Version)

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst windows software I have ever used, 13 April 2014
I was going to write a long piece saying how bad this piece of software is but I don't want to waste more of my time on this massive misstep by Microsoft.

Windows 8 aims to 'unify' the experience across devices. This means across tablets, desktops and windows phones. This doesn't work. The way I interact with a desktop is completely different to the way I use a tablet or phone. Treating it with the one size fits all approach means either one size doesn't fit any or it fits a few. I can see the interface working on a tablet but i'm using a desktop and it is cumbersome at best.

I feel like an idiot when using this, I'm not computer illiterate, but when coming to windows 8 everything has been moved slightly and it all operates a bit differently to how it use to or how you would expect it to. This left me feeling like an idiot when trying to set up the machine as I wanted. It's not Microsoft's fault I don't get it, but it leaves me feeling annoyed and like I'm no longer in control of my machine, just hoping that the new set up is correct.

It wastes my time. I haven't got time to re learn how to use something that I have known for the last 20 years. I installed this at home on a gaming rig so I could relax. I work on new bits of software during the week having to learn constantly there. When I come home to play games I want to spend my time learning better tactics in a game. Not the ins and outs of how a new operating system works.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2014 8:42 AM GMT

Tony Jaa 2 in 1 - Ong Bak/Warrior King [DVD]
Tony Jaa 2 in 1 - Ong Bak/Warrior King [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tony Jaa
Offered by jim-exselecky

4.0 out of 5 stars Tony Jaa and the amazing plotlines, 4 Dec. 2010
Ong-Bak is a great film some city people steal a precious item from Tony Jaa's humble village then he goes and gets it with a lot of ass kicking.

Warrior King not such a great film when some city people steal a precious item from Tony Jaa's humble village then he goes and gets it with a lot of ass kicking.

Your not watching it for the plot lines though and as action goes there is some amazing action. also warrior king as well is extra funny for the complete confusion you get into with the plot. watch out for the amazing shot too, when the main character is in background and some prat walks in front to light a cig, relevance to the plot... none (It just makes it funnier though).

worth getting for the fiver.