Profile for A. Walker > Reviews

VEO - Charging and Sync Cradle for iPhone 5, 5s, 5C / iPod Touch 5 - Black
VEO - Charging and Sync Cradle for iPhone 5, 5s, 5C / iPod Touch 5 - Black
Offered by icestation

5.0 out of 5 stars Veo Charging Station, 26 Dec 2013
Got this for the 5, I am using it with a cheap £2.00 cable and I have to say it is perfect. My Iphone has a case on and it still fits in the cradle. Sits at the side of my bed and the phone is fully charged every morning, Highly recommended for the price.

Poetic Slimbook Case for Google Nexus 4
Poetic Slimbook Case for Google Nexus 4
Offered by Smart Shop Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Nexus case, 26 Jun 2013
I would agree with many of the reviews here. It is a nice sturdy case and is slim enough not to add much bulk to the phone. The cover folds completely back so doesn't get in the way. My only wish would be for a small hole over the notification LED so I could see it when the cover is closed, but other than that it is great value.

Fujifilm USB SD Card Reader For SD/SDHC Cards
Fujifilm USB SD Card Reader For SD/SDHC Cards
Offered by Riviera Multimedia Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning to Potential users, 9 Jun 2013
I had one of these which failed after a month and for the price I couldn't be bothered sending back and just ordered another, After one use I plugged my card into it with 2 weeks holiday photographs on and the card appeared to have thousands of random files and was unable to open any of the photographs.
Luckily a checkdisk of the card on a laptop with a built in sd card reader recovered 60% of them but the rest were lost.
I assumed that it was the SD card that was faulty so ordered a new one and threw the old one away (didn't want to risk losing any more photographs), after another weekend away and browsing the photo's on the camera with no problem, I used the reader and the same thing happened, only this time I was only able to recover 5 pictures.
After testing I can recreate the fault at will by putting a perfectly good working card into this piece of junk and it immediately and irreversibly corrupts the file system.
If you value your pictures, don't skimp with this pile of junk and spend a little extra on a decent quality one. Also it's branded as Fuji but clearly it's just a generic Chinese import with a label printed on.

Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader
Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader

2.0 out of 5 stars Integral USB 2.0 Single Slot SD Reader, 4 April 2013
Worked perfectly for about 6 months then stopped working without warning mid use. Not worth sending back for price but just be aware you get what you pay for

E-Gem 2.5" SATA to USB3.0 Enclosure
E-Gem 2.5" SATA to USB3.0 Enclosure
Offered by Bluestone Online

5.0 out of 5 stars USB 3 Caddy, 4 April 2013
For the price it is a good little caddy, Screws and cable supplied.Not a bad looking little unit.
Not as fast as my other USB3 drive (averaging about 95/sec when copying a selection of 3mb jpg's and a singly 300mb video) but much faster than the USB2 it replaced so for the price I cannot complain.

SanDisk Ultra Plus 128 GB SATA III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD 530 MB/s for Notebooks (SDSSDHP-128G-G25)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk Ultra Plus, 14 Mar 2013
This is the second one I have purchased. I was in the market for an SSD and came across a review for this model in PC Pro Mag, They recommended it so I purchased it on that basis.
To say I wasn't disappointed was an understatement, my first went in a HP 8460p Core I5, it reduced the boot time to under 7 seconds, with a clean image on it's original internal hard disk it would normally take approx 1 minute, and I thought that was fast!!.
If you want an instant speed boost for a flagging pc, this will be the best upgrade you will ever make, I can't recommend a SSD highly enough, and this one in particular.
I cannot think of any other component on your PC that users can upgrade that could have such a devastating effect on performance that this.
Get one, and it will be the best upgrade you will ever make.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2013 10:04 PM BST

Top Gear - Richard Hammond Uncovered: The DVD Special
Top Gear - Richard Hammond Uncovered: The DVD Special
Dvd ~ Richard Hammond
Offered by mrtopseller

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest DVD Ever, 9 Mar 2013
I hoped that it was a behind the scenes look at Top Gear, but it's really just Richard Hammond messing about pretending that's how things are done on Top Gear with his tongue firmly in his cheek.
I've really enjoyed some of the other programs he has fronted, especially Engineering Connections, but this feels like an attempt to make a few quid banging out a DVD.
If you are looking for a DVD that shows behind the scenes, then this is probably not for you, that said it was under £2,00 so not the end of the world.

Pandigital PANSCN02 Photolink One Touch Scanner
Pandigital PANSCN02 Photolink One Touch Scanner
Offered by Cross Border Associates

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 5 Mar 2013
I can only echo the other reviews on here, it arrived quickly and well packaged, and for one touch scanning of photo's up to 6 * 4 it works perfectly.
As others have said, you don't really need to use the supplied sleeves, and it's perfect for sitting at the side of you and scanning away whilst you watch tv etc.
It scans to a supplied SD card, with the only fault I have found is that it occasionally refuses to feed in a picture, maybe once every 50 pictures or so, but a quick reset fixes it, and that only takes 10 seconds.
For the price I can't fault it. The scan quality is more that adequate for most snaps, however if you put a high quality photo through you will see a degradation, however for £29 I expect that.
If you want top quality scans I would look elsewhere but if you just want to get a box of old holiday pictures digitised, then you can't go far wrong with this.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2013 4:28 PM GMT

ETHERNET NETWORK LAN CAT5 CAT5E RJ45 RJ11 CABLE TESTER
ETHERNET NETWORK LAN CAT5 CAT5E RJ45 RJ11 CABLE TESTER
Offered by PC Supplies Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain !, 5 Mar 2013
Arrived within 3 days. I need a tester for very infrequent use, this one works perfectly, tested with a good cable and a deliberate faulty one, picked up which pairs were at fault.
Both ends slot together so it stores easily, the instructions are ok but if it's not difficult to work out.
What can I say, a bargain...

Leyton 10w T4 fluorescent tube warm white 3400K 352mm inc pins 338mm exc pins CHECK LENGTH CAREFULLY
Offered by Strictly Lamps

5.0 out of 5 stars 10W T4 (352mm), 5 Jan 2013
Purchased this as a replacement as they are slightly shorter than the standard ones that seem to be about.
I usually get the replacements from Wickes but they seem to always be out of stock.
The lamp arrived quickly and was extremly well packaged. It is a direct replacement on a long run and is indistinguishable from the others that have been fitted for over a year.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3