Profile for Jackie > Reviews

Jackie

I Pay Your Wages! A Beginners Guide to the Police Service 2014
I Pay Your Wages! A Beginners Guide to the Police Service 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 11 Aug 2013
A must read for anyone considering a career in the police service or a general insight to the world of everyday policing. I have previously worked for the police in a civilian role and would have also found this book useful prior to starting. Thanks PC Surname!

Confessions of a Police Constable (The Confessions Series)
Confessions of a Police Constable (The Confessions Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., 29 July 2013
Completed this in less than 24 hours, it just gripped me and I had to keep reading, must say I was gutted when it came to an end. Reminds me fondly of my days working for the police and even prison service, alas I have now transferred to becoming a teacher as the hours and pay are much better! Keep up the good work.

Hospital Beat - A Police Officer's stories from inside a busy British hospital
Hospital Beat - A Police Officer's stories from inside a busy British hospital

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic insight!, 5 Jun 2012
A very well written book which I found extremely hard to put down! Gives you a very realistic insight to the unfortunate underworld to hospitals today. As described by PC Nicholas, just because a hospital is a place of healing it doesn't always mean it's crime free. It is sure enough, another world - and at that a world that is constantly open and running 24/7.

Nee Naw: Real Life Dispatches From Ambulance Control
Nee Naw: Real Life Dispatches From Ambulance Control

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 5 Jun 2012
A fantastic insight to Suzi's work at the Ambulance Control Room. Although I have never worked for the Ambulance Service or NHS, I have worked for HM Prison Service and Suffolk Constabulary and can still relate very much to the encounters in Suzi's book! A somewhat tragic reflection on human life today - but in a real 'if we didn't laugh, we'd cry' type of way! It's good to know I'm not alone!