Profile for John Barnett > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Intex Pillow Rest Queen Airbed Air bed with Built-in pump #66702
Intex Pillow Rest Queen Airbed Air bed with Built-in pump #66702
Offered by activeleisure

2.0 out of 5 stars in order not to waste money. The product arrived very promptly and inflated ..., 13 April 2015
I bought this bed after extensive research, in order not to waste money. The product arrived very promptly and inflated easily, according to instructions. So why return it for a refund? The fully inflated sections of the bed are parallel to the would-be sleeper. As a result they are uncomfortable. Many of the beds available are similar, though others are designed differently, with less prominent ridges that run across the sleeper. I am surprised other reviews did not pick up on this problem since no matter how durable this bed may be, it cannot provide a comfortable night's sleep.

Vktech® Digital Timer Wide Screen Clock (Blue)
Vktech® Digital Timer Wide Screen Clock (Blue)
Offered by vktech-HK

5.0 out of 5 stars ... Christmas presents for my partner and daughter as both enjoy cooking. They work very well, 2 Feb. 2015
Bought two as Christmas presents for my partner and daughter as both enjoy cooking. They work very well.

Cheapest Android Retina Display (2048 x 1536) - NEW Polatab Elite Q9.7" Android 4.2 (JellyBean) - 2GB RAM - Tablet PC with RETINA DISPLAY (2048 x 1536) QUAD-CORE CPU - POWERFUL GPU - 16GB STORAGE - SLEEK DESIGN - BLUETOOTH - FLAT 50% OFF - LIMITED TIME OFFER (Black Front)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great screen, awful battery, 5 Nov. 2014
Had for several months, this being my introduction to the world of tablets. Great screen, awful battery, which will lead to me returning it for a refund in the near future. First class service and help from BE Electronics. Very good for basic functions, which is all I require.

Downton Abbey Gold-Tone Crystal and Faux Pearl Pendant Necklace of 40.64-48.26cm

3.0 out of 5 stars better, series, 5 Nov. 2014
Bought for my partner's birthday, she being a "Downton" fan at least of the earlier, better, series. It arrived on a "Downton Abbey" card, though a simple presentation box would have been much classier and clearly preferable. Hence, it initially appears cheap.

Hot Pink Samsung Galaxy 3 Apollo i5800 Hidden Magnetic Hard PU Leather Flip Mobile Phone Case Cover
Offered by JJ-AccessoriesDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Pink Flip Case, 16 Nov. 2013
This was bought to replace the "Magic Global Gadgets" version of the same which was not a perfect fit, see my review. This replacement, whilst cheaper, fits the Galaxy 3 i5800 well and my patrner is very pleased with it.

iGadgitz Black Leather Case Cover Holder for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 Android Smartphone Mobile Phone + Screen Protector
Offered by iGadgitz

4.0 out of 5 stars Leather Flip Case, 16 Nov. 2013
This fits my new Galaxy Ace 2 perfectly, Arrived very quickly but I do not think it is leather, as advertised.

24 Piece Orchard Fruits Porcelain Dinner Set with 4 Assorted Fruits Patterns
24 Piece Orchard Fruits Porcelain Dinner Set with 4 Assorted Fruits Patterns

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, 11 Nov. 2013
I purchased this set for my German partner's 50th birthday. I inspected the set fully on its arrival for any damage and, pleasingly, found none. However, the plates/bowls have a rough base which could easily scratch a table's surface, revealing an "unfinished" lack of quality. In addition, some pieces were slightly imperfect in that some of the pattern was incomplete. But, the background colour, of off-white, spoils the overall effect of the set. Hence, as a present it failed to please. I am considering sending it back, though the set will be costly to post and some items I had already taken secretly to Berlin to await her return, post birthday. Oh well. Whilst this is hardly an expensive set, my income is such that I can ill afford to make such mistakes.

Parker Jotter Stainless Steel Ball Point Pen & Auto Pencil Set
Parker Jotter Stainless Steel Ball Point Pen & Auto Pencil Set
Offered by AbbeyShake

5.0 out of 5 stars Parker Pen and Pencil, 1 Feb. 2013
Good quality, but that's what we have come to expect from Parker. This is my second recent purchase of Parker pens.

Silver Celebration
Silver Celebration
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars "Silver Celebration", 28 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Silver Celebration (Audio CD)
Bought to replace one that had been lost. Great album from an exceptional singer-songwriter who I have seen many times.

The Illustrated Lark Rise to Candleford: A Trilogy by Flora Thompson
The Illustrated Lark Rise to Candleford: A Trilogy by Flora Thompson
by Flora Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars Illustrated "Lark Rise", 28 Dec. 2012
Came "like new". Bought for my German partner who has recently discovered and loves the series. Excellent value, for 1p!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3