Profile for mumandweaver > Reviews

Content by mumandweaver

mumandweaver

The Francois Truffaut Collection - 6 Disc Box Set (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jean-Pierre Léaud

5.0 out of 5 stars Truffault films, 7 Feb. 2013
I have not watched all of them yet, and would have liked Wild Child- L'enfant sauvage- to be included, which I bought separately. They seemed quite good value, and I struggle to find classic films or French films locally. The box includes Shoot the Pianist; The 400 Blows; Finally, Sunday!; The Woman Next Door; Anne and Muriel; and Jules and Jim. I have long been a Truffaut fan and saw most of them years ago when studying Film and Media. They are mostly PG, with 2 12s and a 15. In French with English subtitles.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2013 12:13 PM GMT

2GB, 204-pin SODIMM, DDR3 PC3-10600 memory module
2GB, 204-pin SODIMM, DDR3 PC3-10600 memory module
Offered by FLEXX ram

5.0 out of 5 stars memory for samsung netbook, 7 Feb. 2013
I used this to replace a 1 GB memory module in my Samsung netbook and it speeds it up just as I hoped. Was not too tricky to replace using a very small screwdriver. Just a few minutes fiddling to get it in tightly. Has made my husband happier because he likes to have several windows open at once and the netbook struggled with that before.

On Poetry
On Poetry
by Glyn Maxwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for those interested in writing or reading poetry, 15 Oct. 2012
This review is from: On Poetry (Hardcover)
Inspiring to a young poet. Engrossing for an older reader of poetry. Uses great examples of old and modern classic poems. There was a good review in the Guardian which led us to it. Very good on the 'black' and 'white' of a poem; spaces, pauses, line breaks, punctuation, structure generally. His playful tone and use of a metaphorical tutorial group to demonstrate different styles and approaches was entertaining to us, although some people might find it odd.

The Cloud Searchers (Amulet)
The Cloud Searchers (Amulet)
by Kazu Kibuishi

5.0 out of 5 stars great graphic novel, 18 Jan. 2012
Excellent series of graphic novels with wonderful illustrations and exciting plot with surprises. Fat and easy reads, would suit reluctant reader probably. My 10 year old loves them. He has 4 so far, but there must be more to come.

The Last Council (Amulet)
The Last Council (Amulet)
by Kibuishi

5.0 out of 5 stars great graphic novel, 18 Jan. 2012
Great series of graphic novels, excellent illustrations and fast and easy to read. My 10 year old loves them. He has the first 4, but it seems there are more to come.

Amulet #2: The Stonekeeper's Curse
Amulet #2: The Stonekeeper's Curse
by Kazu Kibuishi

5.0 out of 5 stars great graphic novel, 18 Jan. 2012
This series is great. Excellent illustrations and a fast easy read. My 10 year old loves them. He has the first 4 now but it seems there must be more to come.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars J D Bug scooter, 28 Sept. 2011
Bought a black one last year for my son (now 10) and have bought a red one for my heavy 9 yr old neice. They are much stronger than previous cheap scooters we have had, and strong enough for me as an adult to have fun on too. They go very fast in our local park. Takes a bit of getting used to how to fold them, because of a safety device I think, but works well. Only problem we've had is the strap came off my son's eventually, but I think we could fix it on again if we got round to it.

Nerf Dart Tag 36 Pack Darts
Nerf Dart Tag 36 Pack Darts
Offered by E 4 Emporium Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Nerf bullets, 24 April 2011
This review is from: Nerf Dart Tag 36 Pack Darts (Toy)
Came quickly. Son loves nerf guns and taking them apart to 'mod' them. Bullets soft if they hit someone and visible when they fall on the floor!

Jeffes: Penguin Cafe Orchestra [DVD] [2007] [NTSC]
Jeffes: Penguin Cafe Orchestra [DVD] [2007] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Penguin Cafe Orchestra

5.0 out of 5 stars Good DVD, 16 Mar. 2011
Needed by my daughter for GCSE Music. When first ordered did not arrive. Maybe postal problem. As soon as I queried it Amazon arranged to send another first class though.

7ft Douglas Fir Hook-On Artificial Christmas Tree
7ft Douglas Fir Hook-On Artificial Christmas Tree

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as realistic as some I've seen in B & Q, 14 Dec. 2010
Delivered quickly, not as expensive as some others,7 ft high so suits our high-ceilings, but the lighter green spiky parts are very bright and artificial looking. Have put it together apart from bottom row so far and it is straightforward but time consuming. Not all that stable feeling and a little thinner than I expected from the pictures. Should be OK once decorated. Feel a bit dissappointed that I didn't hold out for a B&Q Eiger which was out of stock but might have been better.