Profile for Lynn Dexter > Reviews

Lynn Dexter (uk)

The Complete Album Collection Vol. One
The Complete Album Collection Vol. One

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing, 6 Nov. 2013
How anyone can reduce this astonishing body of work to one star is beyond belief. Whilst not definitive, this a beautifully presented career retrospective from the single greatest songwriter of the pop/rock age and contains music that literally changed the world. Is this a cynical marketing exercise from Sony to wring yet more money from loyal fans? Well yes, it probably is, but who cares. At this price its a bargain.

THE TEA PLANTER'S DAUGHTER:A wonderfully moving story of courage and enduring love: First in the India Tea Series

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 23 July 2012
This was my first Janet Trotter Macleod book and I was gripped from the first page. A very enjoyable read. I can't wait to start the next one.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite

5.0 out of 5 stars Lynndexter, 14 Oct. 2011
I love the new kindle, even better than the old one. I love tech toys but think the kindle is my best buy ever (until the new one came out). It's got less bells and whistles but unless you want to listen to music whilst reading or can't wait for a PC or wireless link to load books it's benefits outweigh it limitations.
My 79yr old mother has partial sight, so I bought her a kindle 3 "I will never use that!" she said now she won't let it out of her sight, she has re-discovered the pleasure of reading.
My 81yr old father resisted, he wanted to borrow mums to try but she wouldn't give it up. I eventually lent him mine for a few days whilst I knew I had no time to read it (even so it was hard giving it up). Within a week he had read two books, having not read for over a year. Two days in he ordered his own. Now Mum wants the new one.
Those of you gripping about the UK price difference are really cutting off your noses to spite your face. It's not just Amason but a fact of life we pay more for most things in the UK. The cheap USA ones have adverts, how annoying would that be!