ARRAY(0xa9896fa4)

Profile for James L. Thorpe > Reviews

Content by James L. Thorpe

James L. Thorpe "James T" (Nottingham)

Final Fantasy X Platinum (PS2)
Final Fantasy X Platinum (PS2)
Offered by Online Game Shop
Price: 10.76

5.0 out of 5 stars A game full of emotion. My Number 1 RPG game of all time., 17 Feb 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Final Fantasy X is a game that is not really credited for it's game-play, but the story and character development wants to make you go further into the story all the way to the end. Game play is good but the story is what makes you stick to your PlayStation for hours and hours. Without revealing anything the only sad part is when the game ended, I wanted to play More! This is my 2nd favorite game of all time, It is not my number 1 favorite game of all time only because I was very young playing Metal Gear Solid and I grew up with Solid Snake. This was also my first RPG game and it's still the best for me. If you have never played and RPG or Final Fantasy game, Definitely get this game first. It will literally change your life :D

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
Offered by Game Dealz
Price: 10.10

5.0 out of 5 stars The Final Chapter of the Legendary Solid Snake, 14 Feb 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Solid Snake is coming to an end, how it ends? This epic conclusion of the one of the best game franchises ever made will tell you when you purchase MGS4. Solid Snake begins his last adventure with the threat of his old nemesis Liquid (now known as Liquid Ocelot) plans to change the world into the worst possible way imaginable. With the help of his fellow friends, Snake is the only man left to stop liquid from taking control and destroying the world.

`Metal Gear Solid 4' is a fantastic game filled with good game-play, fantastic graphics and lots of twists in an emotional storyline. `Metal Gear Solid 1' is my favourite game of all time. not only do I recommended you to buy MGS4. I also recommend MGS1 and even MGS 2 and 3. The Metal Gear Solid franchise is so popular that the chance of you not enjoying this game is miniscule.

I loved this game very much and I am happy with the whole Metal Gear Solid franchise. However, the only thing I dislike about this is that I won't be able to play Solid Snake in any future games. The new game `Metal Gear Rising' will be interesting to play. With Raiden as the star of the new game and looking like a bad ass will this be a successful title as the other Metal Gear games?

Mirror's Edge (Xbox 360)
Mirror's Edge (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 15.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Unique, 13 Feb 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Mirror's Edge is a very different game to any other game I know on the 360. Because I never played a game like this before, I really enjoyed it. The storyline is plain but to be honest, I don't care. I like to sprint up to 20 mph then jump, slide or repel off a building with a helicopter right behind you and several enemies! The movement using the 360 controller is very good, can be abit annoying when your trying to perform a few special moves but eventually you will achieve it. If you are a gamer and you're looking for something new and exciting, this game is a certainty to try out. With a low price, buy this game.

The Peter Serafinowicz Show [DVD]
The Peter Serafinowicz Show [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Serafinowicz
Offered by zoverstocks
Price: 5.16

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good show that will sadly never be on TV again., 13 Feb 2012
Great show, if you like comedy sketches then get this. It should not cost much. I am disappointed with the BBC that they axed this programme while comedys like 'Miranda' (with terrible and simple minded jokes) are still on the air. I like the BBC, but they made a huge mistake on this. The DVD is very good, decent cover and contains two discs. All the content from the show is here with all six episodes (and the christmas special episode)and some special features to enjoy. it's good to watch a few hours of comedy at night after a bad day. If you enjoy shows like 'The inbetweeners' or 'peep show' this is another DVD that needs to be added on your shelf!

Lost Odyssey
Lost Odyssey
Offered by Moeroshop-UK
Price: 24.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Best RPG since Final Fantasy X, 13 Feb 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Lost Odyssey (Video Game)
Lost Odyssey has one of the best storylines in RPG gaming history. As the game goes on you really get to know and like some characters and really feel like that your with them in thier epic journey. The gameplay is simple but effective, nice graphics and a gripping storyline keeps you wanting to go all the way to the end. However,the game can be slow to start but just keep going and it will get better. Final Fantasy X is my favourite RPG game of all time, but this is worth a good second place. Only this and FFX has made me so emotional. If you're a RPG fan, then I recommend this. It doesn't cost much so it's definitely worth a try.

Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360)
Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360)
Offered by Bargain Games UK
Price: 10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars not the best of the series, 13 Mar 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
i have played around 15 hours of it on disk two so i might be wrong about this game. final fantasy 13 has made one the best graphics ad music ever seen. however, the gameplay is a different story. you can no longer free roam so its always one pathway and its abit irritating. the combat is similar to x-2 and seven but has a new system where you can "stagger" your enemies and swap different roles from commando to ravager to medic and so on. the story was very epic at the begining and hopefully i will love the game at the end.