Profile for R DIXON > Reviews

Content by R DIXON

R DIXON (Blackheath, London)

The Bowler's Meatball Cookbook: Ballsy Food. Ballsy Flavours. Ballsy Recipes.
The Bowler's Meatball Cookbook: Ballsy Food. Ballsy Flavours. Ballsy Recipes.
by Jez Felwick
Price: 11.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Nosh on their meaty orbs, 4 Feb 2013
Ok I'll admit that I've used The Bowler's food truck pretty much since they got started so this review was always going to be biased. The guys are great characters who love what they do and it clearly shows in this well-written book.

I'd actually wondered how they'd manage to fill a book with meatball recipes but there's more than enough to try out here. Their spiced red onion and tomato sauce may contains about 25 ingredients but the book is worth buying for this recipe alone - it's staggeringly good.

Ashes Cricket 09 (PC DVD)
Ashes Cricket 09 (PC DVD)
Offered by NextDayEntertainment
Price: 11.01

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent attempt, 9 Aug 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
A pretty decent attempt at a game with enough difficulty (at the "normal" level) to really have to concentrate to get it right. Slightly concerned at how profligate the bowlers can be at Test level for fractional errors, and the number of run-outs due to dodgy AI may start to irk the purist (I had 3 in the first innings of my Test match when bowling) but it's presented nicely, the animations are OK and the game is good. I get the impression that there may be less lbws and bowled than actually happen in reality.

Still - it's the best cricket simulation I've seen - largely as most of them so far have been pretty average. I'd given it 3.5/5 if I could !

Conquering Depression Anxiety
Conquering Depression Anxiety
by Keith W. Johnsgard
Price: 17.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and Eye-Opening, 14 Sep 2008
For any naturally anxious person, this book is a joy to read: essentially a collection of clinical evidence (and stories) that highlight the extremely strong link between regular moderate exercise (for example, 3-5 times a week for 20-30 mins at 50-70% of your maximum heart rate) and reduction of anxiety and depression. Get your running shoes on.

For those less gripped with anxiety in every-day life, a less-relevant read but would recommend it nonetheless.

LG 32LC3R - 32" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV
LG 32LC3R - 32" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 7 May 2007
I'm not an LCD TV expert but I'm very pleased with my purchase. Having looked around extensively on the internet for the best prices/products, I stumbled upon this one, which doesn't seem to be available through many of the usual retailers, which made me slightly concerned.

Picture seems great, sound isn't as tinny as I've heard on other LCD TVs. My neighbour popped down the other day, who'd recently bought an LCD TV and said "Hmmm - you picture is much better than mine" ! As the previous reviewer says, a great investment.

The Kitchen Diaries
The Kitchen Diaries
by Nigel Slater
Price: 20.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous, 13 Oct 2005
This review is from: The Kitchen Diaries (Hardcover)
You could read this simply as a "non-cookery" book such is Nigel's writing. Once again, he has the knack more than any other food writing I know of getting you hungry! Certainly confirms him as my favourite food writer. This will always be a great one to dig into to find out what might be in season throughout the year.