Profile for G. Smedley > Reviews

Content by G. Smedley

G. Smedley "Techboy" (Nottingham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Orzly® - Multi-Function Wallet Case for LG NEXUS 5 - Carbon Fibre Style BLACK Leather Effect Wallet Style Phone Case with Intergrated Stand and Built-In Auto Sleep / Wake Sensor Functionality designed exclusively for the GOOGLE NEXUS 5 SmartPhone ( 2013 Model )
Offered by OGADGETHUB

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 11 Dec 2013
Took a while to get it delivered and I wasn't expecting much for a the price. I just wanted something quick and temporary before I could get hold of the official 'quickcover' from googles play store. After using this for a month I'm not even going to bother with googles cover along with their inflated price, this one is great!! It feels good, it's a great fit and even has the magnets built in so it automatically switches on and off when you open and close the cover. I also really like how it has the fold so you can angle it to watch video etc. Very pleased!!!

Trust Vivy Wireless Mini Mouse for Tablet and PC
Trust Vivy Wireless Mini Mouse for Tablet and PC

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great., 11 Dec 2013
Got this to use with my Nexus 5 along with a Bluetooth keyboard and works flawlessly. Once paired I just switch on and I have an accurate moving mouse pointer which works well on lots of surfaces I've tried it on. It feel comfortable to use and has a good range for bluetooth. This is over a month now and still very pleased.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great., 1 Dec 2013
I got mine for a Nexus 5 and it works great and not just for games. Along with a bluetooth keyboad and mouse, and the fact that many productivity apps now making full use of the phones native resolution, it's slowly becoming the PC.

Red Blue Cyan Plastic Framed 3D Glasses 3 D Dimensional BuyinCoins
Red Blue Cyan Plastic Framed 3D Glasses 3 D Dimensional BuyinCoins
Offered by LTZmart

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill!!, 24 Aug 2013
After messing about with old carboard lens for too long these are a big improvement. The red/cyan is the best option I've found for viewing the mojority of anaglyphic phtotos/ videos. Making my own 3d photos I've also found that choosing 'Dubois' colour massively improves results with virtually no ghosting. The build quality of the frames is great with my only very minor gripe being the flexible plastic lenses have lots of tiny scratches on them.. It's not noticable though when viewing through them. Overall extremely pleased and can't justify any complaints for this price.

Andoer Professional Shotgun Microphone Mic for Sony Camcorder
Andoer Professional Shotgun Microphone Mic for Sony Camcorder
Offered by Andoer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 24 Aug 2013
Got this for my panasonic SD900 and works much better than the internal mics for interviews etc. There's two settings, 'Normal' and 'Tele' which is really just a gain switch and 'Tele' is where it spends it's life when using it. It comes fitted with a 1/4" jackplug and a converter to take it down to 3.5mm. It's rubbish. It's very hit and miss whether you get sound or buzzing. Not very useful when your relying on it. I sanded the jackplugs which have improved things a little but I think I'm just going to cut the lead and solder a 3.5mm jackplug straight on. The only other minor gripe is the foam wind guard is fairly loose meaning you occasionally have to keep pushing the thing back on. Overall though, very pleased with the audio and the general build quality, especially for the price.

JJC Camcorder 46mm Lens Hood, Lens Cap and Cap Keeper
JJC Camcorder 46mm Lens Hood, Lens Cap and Cap Keeper
Offered by PowerPlanet UK - typ. 5-7 working days

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 24 Aug 2013
Fits my Panasonic SD900 just fine and apart from it's primary job of blocking out unwanted sunlight it suddenly makes you look a little more pro. The only downside is some slight vigentting when shooting at a wide angle with image stabilisation on. It's a small tradeoff though and can be simply cropped out in the edit.

Integral Noir 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive
Integral Noir 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 13 July 2013
It worked & it worked fast which is exactly what you want when your trying to fill this up. Very pleased.

Kensington Orbit Optical Wired USB Trackball Mouse for PC and Mac - Silver and Black
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed., 9 Mar 2013
Once you get used to a trackball and get past the learning curve I find its much better than a normal mouse. No more picking up and pushing about I seem to have much more accurate control over the mouse. The only thing you don't get on this is a scroll wheel like you would get on a mouse but I still use this regular on my laptop and also purchased the next model up with the scroll wheel for my PC. The ball pops out for easy cleaning the whole thing feels smooth to use with nice buttons. I would definitely recommend giving a trackball a try and stick with it.

Long-Handled Teaspoons (4)
Long-Handled Teaspoons (4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased., 9 Mar 2013
These come in very useful for those big cups and scraping things out of cans and jars. They don't bend easily and I find I use them all the time instead of gathering dust in the back of the draw.

Sony ICD-UX200 Digital Voice Recorder with Flash 2 GB / WMA / AAC / MP3 - Black
Sony ICD-UX200 Digital Voice Recorder with Flash 2 GB / WMA / AAC / MP3 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Mar 2013
I was looking around for something that recorded good stereo sound for a separate voice track when using a camcorder. I wasn't expecting exceptional results for the price but I seem to have them. The quality is just great with surprisingly good stereo separation. I've recorded backdrops like the beach and nature parks etc and its crystal clear. It also works well with an extension mic. The file system is well organised and easy to use with lots of options for noise cut, recording sensitivity etc. It has a very useful 'hold' switch to disable all the buttons so when using it in someones pocket to record their voice they don't switch it off by accident and the bit I really like is how you just 'push' out a USB connector from the bottom to transfer files and charge. You can even upload songs if you want it to double up as an MP3 player. Had this things quiet a long time now and it's still going strong. Would absolutely recommend this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3