Profile for G. Smedley > Reviews

Content by G. Smedley

G. Smedley "Techboy" (Nottingham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
kenable PULSE Shielded 3.5mm Stereo Jack to 2 x 6.35mm 1/4 inch Mono Jack Cable 1.2m
Offered by Best Price Square

5.0 out of 5 stars Jacking up the quality, 8 Feb. 2016
Feel premium and work great. I ordered these having tried a cheaper lead elseware which didn't work well. This however felt and looked much better before even plugging it in. Sturdy moulded plugs and what feels like good shielding along the lead. You get what you pay for as they say and these where well worth the extra few pennies.

DEEPCOOL M-desk F1 Laptop Stand Monitor Stand with Audio Jacks 4 USB Ports(Grey)
Offered by DEEPCOOL

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool product, 8 Feb. 2016
Great design, sturdy product. 2 options with the height and my keyboard slides nicely underneath. I really like how it brings 4 USB ports up to the monitor along with 2 3.5mm ports. The only annoying thing for me is with the ports being on the front rather than the side. If you have anything with a cable in the port like a keyboard it sticks out in the way. It would also be easier to plug in USB fobs etc in the side without having to hold the stand to stop it slipping backwards like now. Oh well, maybe next time. There is no fans in this if you are using it for a laptop although the top does seem to stay very cool for some unknown reason. Overall, very pleased.

Auto Trim Clips 90467-07201 Trim Clips 10 Pieces
Auto Trim Clips 90467-07201 Trim Clips 10 Pieces
Offered by Find4DIY

5.0 out of 5 stars Snap & Go., 8 Feb. 2016
Did the job and it does seem like I can get these little clips off without destroying them which is what I did with the originals. Good replacements for a badly designed clip on my Toyota.

Stagg SMD3 3m S Series Midi Cable
Stagg SMD3 3m S Series Midi Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars ... just a lead but came well packaged and made good connections. The sockets seems sturdy and premium along ..., 8 Feb. 2016
Its just a lead but came well packaged and made good connections. The sockets seems sturdy and premium along with what feels like good shielding along with lead. Works great!

QTX 201.087UK 3.5 mm Jack Ground Loop Isolator
QTX 201.087UK 3.5 mm Jack Ground Loop Isolator
Offered by eStore.Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved a problem that was sending me ground loopy., 8 Feb. 2016
Great. Solved my mind numbing DC ground noise problem perfectly. I am using this between a Korg Volca and a Behringer mixer. Will be ordering more of the same.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable 7.6 m / 25 Feet Supports Ethernet, 3D, Audio Return

5.0 out of 5 stars High speed happiness., 8 Feb. 2016
I ordered the 25 feet one for the common problem of the projector being one end of the room and device the other. The way HDMI works I had very low expectations of this working at this length but it works absolutely great with no dropouts or any other problems to mention. It was also a unbeliavable price for me compared to some other places I've seen that charge you extortinate amounts of money for a cable the fraction of this length with all sorts of *features* that supposed to improve the quality of the image. With HDMI its digital.. Its works, or it doesn't. Well done Amazon.

Inateck USB 3.0 Hard Drives Docking Station for 2.5 Inch & 3.5 Inch SATA HDD (SATA I / II / III) Support 4TB, Including USB 3.0 Cable and External Power Supply
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard driving., 8 Feb. 2016
Works well. I had to restart the computer for it to see the device if I had previously plugged something in the USB socket. However after following the procedure of switching off the caddy completely, plug it into the usb, then power up the caddy with the drive in it seems to work fine and in reverse I eject the drive in Windows, switch off the caddy and them remove the drive. I can then put another drive in, switch on the caddy and it's recognised. Transfer rates are very fast using USB 3 and it looks great on the desk. Very pleased.

Thermos 187011 Thermocafe Hammertone Stainless Steel Flask - 500 ml
Thermos 187011 Thermocafe Hammertone Stainless Steel Flask - 500 ml
Offered by Red House Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot with no bother., 8 Feb. 2016
Looks great and for me keeps the contents hotter much longer than expected. Having left the flask at work I came back the following day to still find the contents hot and drinkable. The outer cap unscrews into the mug and the inner cap unscrews a few turns so you can pour out the contents without having to fully take off the cap & also keeps it insulated.. The only niggly thing for me, is this way of pouring the drink is hit and miss with dribbles down the side of the flask no matter how I try it. Its just as easy to fully unscrew the cap and pour with no problems. Very impressed overall.

Skechers Ez Flex 2 - Sweetpea, Women's Closed-Toe Pumps, Black (Black), 6 UK (39 EU)

3.0 out of 5 stars A walk on the tight side., 8 Feb. 2016
A little uncomfortable and tight, not meant for my partners wide feet really.

AmazonBasics High Capacity AA Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries 2500 mAh [Pack of 4]

5.0 out of 5 stars Power to the people., 8 Feb. 2016
Great. I got these as they using the new battery chemistry what enbles them to hold their charge over time, even when not in use. This hasbeen the biggest gripe for me about rechargables and this new technology seemed to have sneaked in without me noticing. All the low drain items I have used them in so far they have done just that. Very pleased.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8