Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Money from Photography
Money from Photography
by DSLR Photography

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend it to anyone thinking of starting out to sell ..., 13 July 2014
This review is from: Money from Photography (Paperback)
For a compact magazine / booklet it certainly packs the information in. The advice is sound and to the point and I don't know what else you could really ask for. I would recommend it to anyone thinking of starting out to sell photographs. It is not a huge tomb to wade through and gives you what you need to know.

WD My Book 4 TB USB 3.0 Hard Drive with Backup
WD My Book 4 TB USB 3.0 Hard Drive with Backup

5.0 out of 5 stars WD My Book 4TB hard drive, 11 Jun 2014
I bought this external hard drive because I my previous WD My Book was full. This one arrived promptly and worked straight out of the box. Just a few set-up bits to go through then you are up and running. What more can you ask for? If this one is a reliable as my previous version then it will be well worth it. I would have no hesitation in recommending this product and I would buy it again.

Mastering the Nikon D7100
Mastering the Nikon D7100
by Darrell Young

5.0 out of 5 stars Mastering the Nikon D7100, 11 Jun 2014
When I bought the D7100 I found it to be so complicated that I actually read the manual that came with it. Very un-manly I know but you sometimes have to resort to that process to get your head around it. Then I read about Darrell Young's version of the manual and how good it was, so I thought I would give it a shot. To be honest if you have bought a D7100 (a superb camera) then do not bother reading the manual that comes with it, just buy Darrell's book. He doesn't just say" this does this", he explains why it does it and what he recommends himself. It is a superb book and really should come with the camera as standard. Maybe Nikon should pick up on this and save themselves the trouble of printing their manual. I have learned an awful lot from this book and it was worth every penny. So my advice is dump the manual and buy this book instead. You will not regret it.

Robocop [DVD] [2014]
Robocop [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Joel Kinnaman

5.0 out of 5 stars Robocop, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Robocop [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
If you are expecting this film to be the same as the previous versions think again. I bought it expecting it to be a shoot em up film and was very surprised to see that it had been made from a very different angle. So if you want a shoot em up film this is not for you. If you want a well made film showing a lot more depth and thought then you should like it. I have watched it once and I will be watching it again. I like the new angle and found it to be very entertaining. People will consider it slow compared to the others but it is a very different type of film to them. Over all I thought it was a very well made film and worth the 5-stars.

Witches Abroad: (Discworld Novel 12) (Discworld Novels)
Witches Abroad: (Discworld Novel 12) (Discworld Novels)

5.0 out of 5 stars Witches Abroad, 14 May 2014
One of the better Discworld novels in my humble opinion. It is light hearted, witty and a good yarn before bedtime. What's not to like about it? I cannot think of anything. In short if you like Discworld novels you will like this one.

Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Lens for Nikon DSLR Camera
Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Lens for Nikon DSLR Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic macro lens., 14 May 2014
Having read numerous professional reviews about macro lenses I decided to go for the top result, which was the Sigma 105mm. It came in a large padded case, which I think would have survived a nuclear bomb. Even the box screamed quality at you. The lens itself is a beast. It is quite heavy and gives the impression that it will last a lifetime. It comes with a nice deep hood that fits perfectly and must shield the lens from unwanted flaring.

I have now taken close on 1000 macro images with this lens as well as using it as a standard 105mm lens that on my DX camera (Nikon D7100) is close to 150mm. For standard lens images of scenes the autofocus works well and quickly. If you are doing macro work I turn it off and focus manually. The reason for doing this is that autofocus on macro lenses never seems to work very well for any make. The AF always hunts all over and rarely focusses on the correct spot. I am told this is down to the mechanics of how the autofocus systems works. In short a lot of photographers don't even attempt to autofocus when doing macro imaging. The manual focus ring is big and works cleanly and smoothly. It feels very good and gives you confidence in the product.

I always shoot in RAW and expand to pixel level when processing images. The first time I checked for aberration and colour fringing I was astonished to find that there wasn't any at all. It does not matter how far away I am from the subject either. The professional reviews were correct. I could not believe my eyes because lenses that cost twice as much always suffer from some kind of defect but not this one.

Being a prime lens as opposed to a zoom lens you always expect it to be sharper. This lens is as sharp as a razor. If you cannot get an ultra-sharp image with this lens then your eyes must be the problem. This is without doubt the sharpest lens I have ever used in my 45 years of doing photography. I cannot praise it highly enough. Sigma have produced a top class lens with this product and it will take an awful lot of beating by the other big companies. I normally buy Nikon lenses but the reviews of this lens said that it was better and cheaper. I put my trust in the reviewers and I was not disappointed. 5-stars for the Sigma 105 macro lens. Well done Sigma.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2014 9:53 AM BST

Carrie [DVD] [2013]
Carrie [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ ChloŽ Moretz

5.0 out of 5 stars Carrie, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Carrie [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I wondered how this film would turn out because I remember the first version and thought that was quite good. Still the price was right and I decided to buy it on DVD. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the casting was very good and the acting equalled that. The story was still the same but updated to include social media. The graphics were better though and I thought the whole thing was sensitively played out. It held my attention all the way through and I think that is the sign of a good film. I found it very entertaining and I would watch it again. I watch films to be entertained and it certainly achieved that, so hats off to the remake - they did a good job.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice [DVD] [2010]
The Sorcerer's Apprentice [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Nicolas Cage

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sorcerer's Apprentice [DVD] [2010], 23 April 2014
Nicolas Cage plays his somewhat usual role in this film but he does it very well. I like fantasy films but only when they are well made, which this is. It held my attention all the way through and was very entertaining. That is what I want out of a film and that is what I got. If you want something with deep meaningful content then look for another film. If you want a well made fantasy film that is good fun then you will enjoy this film.

Maglite Boxed AAA Solitaire Torch - Black
Maglite Boxed AAA Solitaire Torch - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Maglite Boxed AAA Solitaire Torch - Black, 23 April 2014
This is a tiny torch that you could put on your key fob. The light from it is bright and the construction is very robust. For the money and size of it I cannot fault it.

Wacom Intuos5 Pen and Touch Large Graphics Tablet
Wacom Intuos5 Pen and Touch Large Graphics Tablet
Offered by In2digital

5.0 out of 5 stars Wacom Intuos5, 23 April 2014
This graphic drawing tablet is simply wonderful. I have never used one before and I was blown away with how easy it was to set up and use. Drawing / painting on it is like using real paper. I have used it via Adobe Photoshop and via Corel Painter X3 and I have to say that the X3 program is better. Having said that Corel say that they designed X3 around the Wacom tablet, so it should be better. The results in Photoshop are very good though and if you have that program I would struggle to justify switching to X3. If you are just getting into digital painting then buy this tablet. It will blow your mind - it did mine. It is simply a joy to use and is very easy. The overall design of it is very good and it comes with Wi-Fi thrown in - brilliant.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20