Profile for G. Fry > Reviews

The Complete Bagpuss [1974] [DVD]
The Complete Bagpuss [1974] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Oliver Postgate

5.0 out of 5 stars Emily, we love Bagpuss too, 30 Jan 2007
I do because I'm the member of our family who watched this perfect production when I was a kid. But the magic is that my American wife and kids love Bagpuss too. There's something so wonderfully captivating about the gentleness of the characters and storytelling that even my 3-year-old twins sit perfectly still, episode after episode, to watch this saggy old cloth cat. Just two days after we bought this DVD my son was quoting most of the introduction. This purchase is one you don't need to think twice about.

Mr Benn: The Complete Series [DVD]
Mr Benn: The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mr Benn

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant hit!, 30 Jan 2007
For me, watching Mr. Benn was a trip down memory lane. For my wife and kids, however, this was a brand new experience because we live in America and they've never seen Mr. Benn before. The result? They loved it! I mean, really loved it! My kids saw it once and haven't stopped asking for it since. And my wife, who could be forgiven for not sharing my enthusiasm, says it's already one of her favourites. Add to that the fact that the menus and picture quality are far better than I was expecting and you've got the best kids' DVD £5 can buy!