Profile for Hillgirl > Reviews

Content by Hillgirl

Hillgirl

Sennheiser OCX 685i Sports In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Basically unuseable, 4 Aug. 2013
My last pair of Sennheiser sport headphones were great. They had two buds, one went in your ear and the other sat inside the curve of the ear securing the whole thing in place. Good sounds, nice depth, great bass.

This pair keep falling out/ off. The one size fits all nature just doesn't fit me. One side keeps working its way out of my ear canal and then the whole thing falls off one ear. I spent my first and only run with them constantly adjusting and fiddling with the ear piece on one side. Despite changing the bud covers to different sizes nothing has worked. The loop over the ear is just too big and the structure doesn't promote keeping it in your ear. On top of that the sound is really tinny. Gave them to my husband to try (after spending such alot of money on them I didn't want to simply throw them away) but he agreed. Very tinny sound and not at all comfortable for him either. So disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2014 9:37 PM GMT

Outlander: (TV Tie-In)
Outlander: (TV Tie-In)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great historical romance, 26 Sept. 2011
I loved this when I first read it with a book club in 1995 and I still love it. I re-read it every few years and I'm delighted it is now on Kindle. Now I can get all the sequels and start the saga all over again.

Feisty women, lots of nasty bad guys, steamy sex and interesting historical references. It's a keeper.

Cuisinart CSB800U professional hand blender and accessories
Cuisinart CSB800U professional hand blender and accessories

1.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a lemon, 11 April 2011
I bought this having been assured that Cuisinart was "the best in the market." However, after the second breakage I decided to return it.

The first time the attachment for the clear processor bowl broke. The plastic lid bit where the motor connected came unscrewed and could not be put back together. The second time the wand/ motor connector got munched up (can't think of the technical word for it). Decided it wasn't worth getting it replaced as it clearly is not up to the task.

Our primary use for the equiptment was to blend soup (which it did really well when it worked). We also used it to blend herbs, make pastes, chop garlic and ginger.

Will buy annother as I really like the ease of using this sort of device but won't buy this brand again.