Profile for NR > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Fiskars Pinking Scissors
Fiskars Pinking Scissors

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Scissors, 17 Nov. 2014
Bought to replace an identical 'lost' pair. They're not identical though as since I bought my last set they've been improved, nice easy smooth cutting action. When, if, they wear out I'll buy the same again.

High Citadel / Landslide
High Citadel / Landslide

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Desmond Bagley' always a good read., 18 Mar. 2014
I read these years ago and am just having a re-run. They're good stories like all his books. There are two to avoid as they were written by his wife after he died (she used his notes and wrote the stories).

The Golden Keel / The Vivero Letter
The Golden Keel / The Vivero Letter

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a good story, 29 Jan. 2014
I read these Desmond Bagley books when they were new so this was a trip down memory lane. They're just good stories and readable. Don't read the last two written after his death as his wife took his story outlines and wrote the books.

Wyatt's Hurricane / Bahama Crisis
Wyatt's Hurricane / Bahama Crisis

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a good story, 29 Jan. 2014

FORGOTTEN WITNESS: A Josie Bates Thriller (The Witness Series Book 6)
FORGOTTEN WITNESS: A Josie Bates Thriller (The Witness Series Book 6)

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of space, 6 Jan. 2014
As always it took ages to get going. After well over half way I realised it never was going to, I forced myself to finish it and wish I hadn't bothered. It's a book with no beginning no middle and no end, except a weak attempt to make you come back for the next in the series. I won't be back.

Neotechs® HDMI to HDMI V1.4 Cable 20M 20 Metre Gold Plated Monitor Sky Blu Ray Virgin Full HD for 3D Ethernet Compatible
Offered by Neotechs

5.0 out of 5 stars Just used to connect p.c. to TV, 1 Nov. 2013
This does exactly what I want it to do. Sending information from my p.c.Video or music to the tv and amplifier. It works fine for me.

100 SWANN MORTON NO 10A SCALPEL BLADES - NEW AND SEALED
100 SWANN MORTON NO 10A SCALPEL BLADES - NEW AND SEALED
Offered by Avatar Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Super blade, 1 Nov. 2013
Over the past few years I must have used thousands of these. Starting with cut and pasting artwork for printing. Then modelling and now for trimmming pictures and photographs.. A really good sharp neat blade.

Verbatim 49982 CD Jewel Cases - Slim Black Tray 25 Pack
Verbatim 49982 CD Jewel Cases - Slim Black Tray 25 Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars They're just CD's, 1 Nov. 2013
They do what it says on the tin. They work. I've had one failure out of a few thousand. I just don't give 5 *s to anything that is not exceptional!

Memorex M00286 CD-R 52x 100 Pack Cakebox
Memorex M00286 CD-R 52x 100 Pack Cakebox
Offered by MrTronics

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product, 1 Nov. 2013
I have bought hundreds of these over the past few years and only had one duff one caused by manufacturing faults, I've lost a couple of others due to my incompetance or equipment failure. For me they're absolutely fine. I'll be having more.

A Brilliant Little Operation: The Cockleshell Heroes and the Most Courageous Raid of World War 2
by Paddy Ashdown

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Story, 21 Aug. 2013
To be brave for a short period of time is not unusual;. To be brave for a sustained period of several days takes a courage I doubt that I have. The vengefulness of the Germans is well known, The stupidity of the British having several sections each trying to do the same job at the same time, and no liaison between departments almost defies belief.
So - yes - a fantastic story. The only reason I have marked it down is I found the telling of the tale not to be terribly well written.
My recommendation....buy it.