Profile for Sonny > Reviews

Content by Sonny

Sonny (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Gigabyte Nvidia Gt 730 Graphics Card (2GB, DDR3, 64 Bit, PCI-E)
Gigabyte Nvidia Gt 730 Graphics Card (2GB, DDR3, 64 Bit, PCI-E)

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact, quiet and good performance, 30 Jan. 2015
Great little card, truly silent - perfect!

On a side note, like a previous reviewer my box was unsealed but the graphics card itself was in a sealed bag with all the protective coverings on the connectors etc...

Let's Be Cops [DVD]
Let's Be Cops [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jake Johnson

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually pretty good!, 1 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Let's Be Cops [DVD] (DVD)
This film seemed to have gotten a lot of negative flack on some of the well known review websites, but it's actually quite good. I was wondering if it was going to be one of those films where you see all of the funny parts in the trailer, but there was much more to it. The film starts strong and then slows down a little bit, but it's good fun all of the way through and I enjoyed it. Sometimes you're in the mood for something easy to watch and funny, and sometimes I wonder if film critics know what they're talking about. Worth a watch.

Logitech G430 Surround Sound Gaming Headset (for PC and PS4)
Logitech G430 Surround Sound Gaming Headset (for PC and PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive mid-range headset, 24 Nov. 2014
So far I am quite impressed with this headset, it provides good sound quality and seems to be fairly well put together. The microphone picks up well and it is comfortable to wear.

I did notice that after installing them and getting everything set up that there was a noticeable hiss which was mentioned in another review. This is actually because by default the microphone appears to monitor through the headphones. If you go into control panel, then sounds and then go into the preferences of the headset, turn the monitor for the microphone all the way down and this hiss will be gone - but the microphone will still work. Just be sure you turn down the fader in the headphone settings area, NOT the microphone settings ones.

Good value and performance for the money and seems well designed.

An Inside Look At: Hand Of God
An Inside Look At: Hand Of God
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm more recently used to seeing him in Sons of Anarchy (also great by the way), 21 Sept. 2014
As a massive fan of Ron Pearlman, I'm more recently used to seeing him in Sons of Anarchy (also great by the way). I thought that this pilot was excellent and I really hope that this gets the green light. I found the pilot started a little slow, but towards the end I was hooked and wanted to know more. There are some very good actors here, mostly who come over as having some depth, which certainly holds well for the future of the show. There's some real potential here and with the generally positive reviews, I hope that Amazon actually listen and get this made, without cutting corners or rushing it.

Visconti Bond Collection Mens Gents Leather Wallet For Credit Cards, Banknotes & Coins
Offered by Simply Bags Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality wallet with plenty of storage, 15 Sept. 2014
Really nice wallet that comes in a nice presentation box. Plenty of storage for cards and whatnot and secure storage for coins. The orange and red flash that runs throughout this wallet makes it look very stylish. I would most certainly buy another.

Pacific Rim
Pacific Rim
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good actually, but cheesy in places, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Pacific Rim (Amazon Instant Video)
Having been a fan of Evangelion for a long time, I could see many similarities with this movie and it's clear to see where a lot of the influences came from. I watched this with zero expectations and didn't even know who was in it and it was a nice surprise to see Charlie Hunham leading as I am a massive fan of Sons of Anarchy.

I will keep it short, since if you can find an in-depth review pretty much anywhere. I enjoyed this more than I thought I would, though I have to say some parts were extremely cheesy and I think I would have enjoyed it more if the whole film was tackled in a more serious light. The effects are amazing and mostly believable and I really enjoyed the suspense and tension in the fight scenes - you feel as though these robots and monsters really are fighting for their lives and it's on a knife edge to which way the battle will go.

All in all a good watch if you don't take it too seriously.

Monoprice Hook & Loop Fastening Cable Ties, 6-inch, 50pcs/pack, Black
Monoprice Hook & Loop Fastening Cable Ties, 6-inch, 50pcs/pack, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, reasonably price and very handy!, 20 April 2014
Simple to use quality cable ties at a reasonable price. Very handy for keeping wires tamed. Would definitely buy these again.

Anker® USB 3.0 9-Port Hub + 5V 2.1A Smart Charging Port with 12V 5A Power Adapter [VIA VL812-B2 Chipset and updated Firmware 9081]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty impressed with this one actually!, 20 April 2014
What can you say to get excited about a USB hub? Not much, but in this case there might be an exception. This is a good quality item and it certainly looks the part. Performance wise I have had this thing fully loaded and not had any problems with disconnects or drop outs and this is with running two hard drives (one passive, one active), a high end microphone, USB hard drive dock, memory sticks and more. The fast charge port is excellent and charges my Nexus 5 in no time, great if you're on a time budget. If you do have problems with this unit, maybe it's the USB controller on your computer that can't handle it, since my unit has been faultless. Very impressed and I would buy another.

Anker® Screen Protector for Google Nexus 5 [3 Pack] Xtreme Scratch Defender Crystal-Clear High-Response Premium with Lifetime Warranty
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant kit and would buy it again, 10 Mar. 2014
Went on super easy and all the tools you need are supplied, right down to a soft cleaning cloth and sticker to remove any dust that might sneak onto the film during application. Pure quality.

(Discontinued by Manufacturer)
(Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great picture quality and features a few surprises!, 25 Jan. 2014
Offering fantastic picture quality and good sound I am very pleased with this TV. I won't go into too much detail because all of the other reviews have this covered.

A few things left me pleasantly surprised though, hence why I am writing this. I had no idea that this television has a built-in satellite tuner! For me this was great because I was having to use a Sky box to pick up a digital signal, now however I can do away with the Sky system completely (since I don't use Sky+ anymore) and watch it straight through the television.

The second thing is that if you stick a USB hard drive (or 32GB USB stick like I did) into the back,this set has the built-in ability to record programs and pause live TV. You can even set up timer recordings to record you favourite shows while the screen is off. Obviously it only has a single tuner though - so you have to watch what you're recording. Handy none the less, especially if you are going to be out and there's something you want to see.

The third thing is that although I knew this was a smart TV, the amount of apps available is shockingly good, including Netflix, Lovefilm and other favourites. The menu system is easy to use, though it will take you a couple of days to learn where all the good stuff is and how to set it all up to your liking.

Really happy with this one and it's great for gaming too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3