Profile for Miss D Green > Reviews

The Herb Garden for Cooks
by Jeff Cox
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars The book of my dreams, 23 Jan 2014
I bought this book to help me start my herb garden. It's just arrived and I love it! It's a small book but it's packed with helpful and inspiring tips and advice. Lots of great, instructive photographs throughout and a recipes section I'm dying to try. Makes me want to grow the herbs just to try the recipes. It even tells you how to store and get the most from your herbs after all the hard work growing them. They give you ideas on how to use them in food and what they taste like. Ideal when you're deciding what to grow and I may try herbs I've never eaten before, based on their descriptions here.
It's not what you'd call an intensive book on gardening, and that's what I like about it. It gives you lots of advice on different types of herbs and where to grow them. It's practical and covers everything you need to know to get started. I feel confident and inspired!

Blood Sugar: Inspiring Recipes for Anyone Facing the Challenge of Diabetes and Maintaining Good Health
by Michael Moore
Price: 12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous and inspiring, 21 April 2013
I choose this book, even though I am not diabetic. I heard Michael in an interview and was so inspired by the way he looks at food. I am on a journey towards finding the foods that make me feel good and do good - tired as I am with processed foods and hidden sugars. This book has shown me the way! It's easy to use and full of great ideas. Not too many fancy ingredients or impossible to find ingredients. I've enjoyed everything I've made from it so far. Thank you, Michael.