Profile for Bookworm > Reviews

Lolita Super Bling Collection Wine Glass : Pretty Girl
Lolita Super Bling Collection Wine Glass : Pretty Girl
Offered by Gifts Direct 2 U Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely poor quality all round., 12 April 2015
I brought this as a birthday gift for my sister and I was really looking forward to it arriving. However, when it did arrive I was so disappointed. Firstly it was a lot bigger than I'd imagined. I'd been expecting a normal sized wine glass but this was a lot bigger. This was my error though because the measurements are clearly written on the listing. My main issues were with the quality of the item. Starting with the box - I was expecting it to be smart and classy but instead it was so badly made that it just looked cheap. Gift paper had been used to cover the cardboard box, but it had been done poorly so that it was creased and peeling. The white paper also had grubby black marks on it. When I opened the box the two sections at the top that were supposed to hold the glass in, came unstuck and fell off before I'd even touched them. The pink heart with information on it that had been stuck on the inside of the box had been stuck on so badly that all the edges were peeling off and there was a huge crease down it. The glass itself was also poor quality. It was scratched all over and there was excess glue from the diamantes smeared across the glass.
This item had pretty good reviews so I was really surprised that it was such poor quality. At first I thought that maybe I'd just received a faulty one, but to be honest it seems like there are far too many separate issues for it to just be a one off. I hate leaving bad reviews but when I spent £26 on one glass, I expected it to be beautiful and instead it just looked poor quality and cheap. I would have been really embarrassed to give it to anyone as a gift so I returned it for a full refund.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Dogit Go-Slow Anti-Gulp Dog Bowl, Large, 1.2 Litre, Black
Dogit Go-Slow Anti-Gulp Dog Bowl, Large, 1.2 Litre, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job it's needed for., 11 Jan. 2015
We brought a rescue dog and never before have I seen a dog so excited about food. It was so intense that we couldn't make her meals up in front of her because she would just go uncontrollable. The people at the RSPCA had told us that we might need to purchase an anti gulp bowl and we soon found out why. Meals in a regular bowl lasted seconds and she stuffed it down so fast that she usually had hiccups afterwards and also, unfortunately for us, some pretty bad wind! We brought this bowl and it really helped. She still ate her dinner faster than most dogs but she was slowed down enough to stop the hiccups and wind most of the time. The only issue I have noticed is that using this bowl often means our dog gets her wet foot all around her nose and face but it doesn't seem to bother her and we find it quite entertaining. It has created a new phrase in our house 'who's got chappie face'

simplehuman Round Pedal Bin, 6 L - White Plastic
simplehuman Round Pedal Bin, 6 L - White Plastic

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't ask for more., 11 Jan. 2015
I brought this for the bathroom after the cheap metal one I had before went rusty and gross. This is perfect. It doesn't go rusty from the room getting steamy from the shower every day. The inside of the bin comes out so it makes it really easy to take out the old bin liner and put a new one in. It's easy to clean, not like the metal ones, simply wipe down with an anti bacterial wipe.The size is just right - not so small that a couple of empty toilet rolls fills it up but not so big it can't fit in the corner without getting in the way. Not that I can see it happening but if the day came where this bin needed replacing, I would want to buy one exactly the same.

PowerBee ® Endurance Deluxe Solar Fairy Lights 240 WARM WHITE Quality Superbright LED's Multi Function Indoor / Outdoor Garden, Party, Tree Lights for ALL YEAR round use including winter
Offered by PowerBee Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't ask for more!, 11 Jan. 2015
I brought these lights to sting up around the trellis on our front porch. They look really pretty. The glow they give is a warm golden one as promised and not the colder blue tone that you can get. The soar panel works with no problems, we have it facing the sun and we notice that on night after a sunny day the lights are brighter and last all night but on day where it's murky the lights are dimmer and don't last so long. I have never brought solar lights before and I did have concerns that even after a sunny day the light would be faint and not as bright as plug in lights, but that's not the case at all. People can never tell they're solar powered until we point it out. I would definitely buy these again.

HOGWARTS LOTR JEDI Tshirt Star Wars Hobbit Harry Potter Lord of The Rings Womens Slim Fit Xsmall - Xlarge Multiple Colours
Offered by Shop4yoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for fellow geeks!, 11 Jan. 2015
I saw this top and I couldn't resist. It fits well and I turn it inside out when I wash it and I have had no problems at all. I find it helps to identify fellow geeks when I'm out and about as they are always the ones who smile or comment on it.

PattyBoutik Stunning 2-in-1 Hoodie Casual Blouse Top (Medium Green & Grey 12)
PattyBoutik Stunning 2-in-1 Hoodie Casual Blouse Top (Medium Green & Grey 12)
Offered by PattyBoutikUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect smart jumper., 11 Jan. 2015
I ordered this for those days when you need something to wear that casual but still looks smart. This fits that need perfectly. I find it's perfect for putting on when my in laws are stopping by as it doesn't look like I've tried too hard but means I don't look like a slob. It fits nicely but as the sleeves are so tight I find I can't pull it up above my elbows like I usually do.

Womens Knitted Open Skull Cardigan Ladies Boyfriend Jumper Print Top - Stone - 12/14
Offered by CelebLook

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and cosy., 11 Jan. 2015
I've never really brought clothes from amazon before but after stumbling across a slogan top I though was funny, I started looking at clothes and found this top. I liked the pattern and shape so took a gamble and I'm so happy I did. I really love it. It fits well and it's thick and cosy. Seems really well made. I've washed it plenty of times and it still looks as good as new. Easily one of my favourite jumpers now.

Humangear Go Toob Liquid Travel Bottles (Pack of 3) - Clear/Orange/Red, 89 ml
Humangear Go Toob Liquid Travel Bottles (Pack of 3) - Clear/Orange/Red, 89 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for people who travel regularly, 11 Jan. 2015
These are really handy. The fact that they are easily squeezable means that it's easy to get your shampoo/ shower gel out. The colours help to remember which bottle is which, although it does seem strange to do such similar colours together. But there are also little words around the lid which you can select so that it tells you what is in the bottle. They're a really good size as well. Big enough to last more than a couple of days but not so big that you may as well have just taken your entire bottle of shampoo.

Neo G MEDICAL GRADE OPEN PATELLA KNEE SUPPORT 'breathable design'
Neo G MEDICAL GRADE OPEN PATELLA KNEE SUPPORT 'breathable design'
Offered by Online Sports Support Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the money., 11 Jan. 2015
I brought this in hopes to avoid having to go to the doctors or hospital after my dog decided to run full pelt into my legs when we were out on a walk. The initial pain was really bad but being Christmas time I just left it and hoped it would fade away, which it did for a while. However then the pain in my knee started coming back, I'm not sure if it was from the cold weather or from not resting it enough but I was having trouble just getting through taking the dog round the block. Most times I would have to keep stopping or would arrive home limping. I looked an amazon and saw this knee guard had good reviews and hoping it would save me the time and hassle of going to the doctors, I took a gamble on it. I think I wore it for about a week and my knee is all better! I am so impressed with it that I ordered another one for my granddad who complains about knee pain a lot. It's not the cheapest product out there but I imagine it's the sort of product where you get what you pay for and anyone with knee pain would be happy to pay a bit more to ease the pain.

4 x La Riche Directions Semi-Perm Hair Colour Pastel Pink (ALL COLOURS Avail) 4x 88ml
Offered by bestpricehair

5.0 out of 5 stars Candy Floss Pink!!, 11 Jan. 2015
I have been desperate for directions to do a pastel pink shade. I have been using darker pinks of theirs but really wanted a lighter candy floss pink shade. This is really nice. I put it straight onto dry hair and leave it on for hours under a disposable shower cap and I find the colour really sticks in my hair which is exactly what I want. If you would prefer the colour to wash out completely after a few washes then I would recommend sticking to the directions that they give you. Directions is the only hair colour I ever buy now. It always leaves a good colour that isn't patchy when applied correctly and doesn't damage my hair at all.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11