Profile for Ms. K. L. Wilson > Reviews

Content by Ms. K. L. Wilson

Ms. K. L. Wilson (Kent, England)

Broadchurch Season 1
Broadchurch Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Dec. 2014
A fantastic series that really highlights small town attitudes. Did not expect the ending....!! Well worth a watch.

Ultimate New Job: The Definitive Guide To Surviving And Thriving As A New Starter: Volume 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate New Job! Excellent book :-), 27 Oct. 2012
Getting back into the workplace after working from home was a really daunting prospect for me so I was really keen to get as much help as I could. I keep dipping into the different chapters even now as there is some great information here on how to cope with a wide range of challenges that may arise. Thanks for making the move into "the office" much easier for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2014 9:34 PM GMT

The Interview Question & Answer Book:Your definitive guide to the bestanswers to even the toughest interview questions: Your definitive guide to ... to even the toughest interview questions

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and really handy!, 27 Oct. 2012
Knowing what to say in an interview is not at all easy and I found this book really useful. Not only does it give you some really great examples of the types of questions you may be faced with it also helps you to prepare mentally for the big day. Whilst I still feel a bit nervous when interviewed, I am much better at conducting myself and am always better prepared now so thank you!

The Interview Book:Your definitive guide to the perfect interview: Your definitive guide to the perfect interview (2nd Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great preparation for all types of interview!, 27 Oct. 2012
It's been a long time since I have had to be interviewed for any job so when I was made redundant from my last job, I knew I would need all the help I could get as the jobs market is so competitive. Having already used James' books to prepare me a winning CV, I figured that this book would be just as useful and I wasn't wrong! Not only did it help me to prepare for the different types of interview that I may face but also made me understand just what I should and should not say and ask. This book is an absolute must for anybody facing a dreaded interview!

The Cover Letter Book: Your Definitive Guide to Writing the Perfect Cover Letter

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful tips and examples!, 27 Oct. 2012
Having bought the companion title, The CV Book, I decided to try this one too and am really pleased I did! Using the examples as guidelines, and some of the top tips throughout the book, I have been able to write strong cover letters for a range of different job roles. I now get a much better response rate and find the whole process of writing letters so much easier! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A highly readable, extremely useful book!, 27 Oct. 2012
I would highly recommend this book for anybody thinking about writing their own CV. I thought writing a CV would be easy - it is just a record of my skills, qualifications and experience after all! But after staring at a blank screen for ages, I finally realised I would need some help and this book proved invaluable. The examples of CVs at the back of the book have really helped me to produce a CV that looks good whilst the earlier chapters ensured that I included only what recruiters will want to see in my new CV. I am so pleased with the result and have already had some really positive feedback from my CV!

Original Stomp Rocket
Original Stomp Rocket

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun product - for kids and adults!, 17 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Original Stomp Rocket (Toy)
Bought this for my nine year old son and he absolutely loved it! Took it with us on a camping trip with a group of kids and adults and it is hard to say who got the most fun out of it! Really good fun - but the stomp rocket didn't last the camping weekend and we had to buy a new one (and replacement rockets) but it was worth it!

The Interview Book: Your Definitive Guide to the Perfect Interview Technique
The Interview Book: Your Definitive Guide to the Perfect Interview Technique
by James Innes

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed with top tips for getting through interviews, 26 Aug. 2009
This excellent book covers absolutely everything you need to know about getting through an interview process and, of particular use, are the comprehensive examples given for how to answer some of those really difficult questions that crop up in interviews. I now feel more confident than ever before that I can succeed at interview having a much better idea about how to create the right first impression both through how I look and what I say.

5.0 out of 5 stars A witty and informative resource, 26 Aug. 2009
It's probably fair to say that the subject of CV writing isn't the most interesting but that is where I found this fantastic book to be so useful. It approaches this subject with a great sense of humour whilst presenting extremely valuable hints and tips in an easy to follow format. Throughout the book, there are some amusing little anecdotes that made me absolutely certain never to make the same sort of mistakes in my CV! And there are also valuable Top Tips, Case Studies and CV examples which have helped me to produce a CV that has got me to the interview stage more than once. The Interview Book: Your Definitive Guide to the Perfect Interview Technique
by the same author James Innes then made the ideal companion.

A Suitable Vengeance
A Suitable Vengeance
by Elizabeth George

4.0 out of 5 stars A great plot with truly likeable characters, 20 Aug. 2003
This review is from: A Suitable Vengeance (Paperback)
Elizabeth George is true to form in this Inspector Lynley mystery with yet another gripping plot. Tommy becomes involved in a brutal murder involving people he knew as a child and who now turn to him, as the Earl of the local manor house, for help. The story reveals more about DI Lynley and his troubled family history as well as bringing the reader right up to date with his relationships with his mother and his brother. The familiar faces of Simon, Deborah and Lady Helen play supporting roles and the descriptions of the breathttaking Cornish scenery contribute to the dramatic atmosphere.