Profile for Brasil fan > Reviews

Brasil fan (UK)

Time Together
Time Together
Price: 13.74

5.0 out of 5 stars The Serenity of Summer and the Magic of Michael, 27 July 2011
This review is from: Time Together (Audio CD)
From the moment I viewed the promotional video for the title track "Now That the Summer's Here", I knew we had another winner from Michael. I was once more drawn immediately into the warmth of his unique, tender and catchy style and incredible lyrical poetry. The excellent band gives sterling support and the beguiling bossa-nova rhythms are just magical. Can't stop playing it. We listen in our summer-house, and it's also very relaxing on car journeys. Every track is a gem, my favourites of the moment being "Samba Blue" and "One Day in St. Tropez". I was of that 1963 era. That Brasilian guitar just makes you melt! Truly this man adores Jobim, as do I. My own heart said "Wow"! "Flora" should come with 'Kleenex' - for anyone,including ourselves, who has just lost a much-loved friend from the animal world. The last track, "Feathers from an Angel's Wing" includes the kind of bass solo I love, where the instrument rises from its usual position of undergirding the tune, to render its own beautiful sound as if to say, "I don't just do bass, I can sing, too!" The perfect track to close this magical collection. I haven't felt like this since Carole King's "Tapestry". Every so often, a special musical person comes along. This is Michael Franks, and there is no other like him. I truly believe he is touched by God. Top marks, and more if they were available. If this CD doesn't win every award going, I shall want to know why. Thank you, thank you. Liz Ashton (UK)