Profile for Martin Kidman > Reviews

Content by Martin Kidman

Martin Kidman (Liverpool)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
FURNITURE COT BED BOLT ALLEN HEAD WITH BARREL NUT 6MM M6 X 60MM ZP (pack of 10 )
Offered by Falcon Workshop Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Oct 2014
Cost Effective

500W HALOGEN FLOODLIGHT SECURITY LIGHT WITH MOTION PIR SENSOR
500W HALOGEN FLOODLIGHT SECURITY LIGHT WITH MOTION PIR SENSOR
Offered by Justshopdirect

1.0 out of 5 stars Now redundant, fitted it and it kept coming on ..., 17 Oct 2014
Now redundant, fitted it and it kept coming on all night long! Had sensitivity on lowest setting possible and it still came on all night. I have now also used a months worth of electricity in one week (Told by our electricity supplier....) I should really claim it back and return this unit but can't be bothered as it is too much messing about and I doubt i would have a claim anyway. Will be throwing this away purchasing a more reliable unit.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Charges and that's it, 18 Nov 2013
If you are looking for a cable for your charger then this is fine as it will charge your Iphone up. However, I don't know how you can get a cable wrong but... You will not be able to connect your Iphone up to anything: Itunes, your car system, a stereo etc. The phone "doesn't recognise" the cable, therefore I now have three charging cables. 2 stars as it does actually charge and I still have my original for the rest.

But if you need functionality, then (as usual) you will need to purchase the official cables from Apple.

Ankermann-PC FX Light - AMD FX-4300 4x 3.8 GHz Turbo: 4.00GHz - onBoard Graphic DVI - 4 GB DDR3 RAM - 500 GB Hard Drive - Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit - Card Reader - EAN 4260219656504
Offered by Ankermann Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with my purchase, 19 Sep 2013
I had a DELL which I purchased in 2005 and it was about to crawl over and die so I needed to upgrade before I lost all of my personal files (photos, music). I already had all of the peripherals (monitor, keyboard, mouse etc.) so I just needed a new station and also wanted Windows 7 (previously had XP). I ordered this on the 21st August and it arrived on the 13th September. Two weeks delivery, not bad.

Computer was very well packaged in the box and all of the CD's and wires came packaged next to the PC in the motherboard box (Although I did panic for a minute as I thought I'd have to install the motherboard!) :) However, this was not the case and the computer was ready to simply plug in. Connected all of my existing equipment to it and everything worked fine.

The only thing that was a little annoying is that I have 2 monitors and I had been using the DVI-I output connection on my old PC's graphics card along with the D-Sub one, however the graphics card on this is DVI-D. I could have bought a new cable, however, I have just ordered a better graphics card with the DVI-I connection on. I should have checked this before hand though I guess....

The spec is very good and much better than my old Dell. I felt this as soon as I started playing music and browsing etc. I was almost out of memory with my old pc (having to use 3 hard drives: 250GB, 150GB and 80GB), however now that I have 2TB I feel like I've been given a lot more breathing space! I had to use an external hard drive to transfer all of my files from the old pc to this one and the external hard drive worked fine also. I "might" upgrade my RAM to 16GB in the future but I do not feel that I have to. It may be psychological, however the music also sounds much better through my speakers too...

On the whole I'm very pleased with the PC and I would certainly recommend it to anyone that wants to update their old PC.

Fujifilm FinePix S4500 Digital Camera (14MP, 30x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD Screen
Offered by 1A-PHOTO-PORST

2.0 out of 5 stars No battery life, 6 Jan 2013
The reason I have given it a two is that I would imaging (Although I didn't have it long enough) it does take decent photographs. Unfortunately, being a novice cameraman I cannot comment too much on picutre quality though... However, this camera was (for me) completely impracticle, see below:

The reason I purcahsed this item was that I thought I would move on to a "better" camera having used compacts in the past (Usually Cannon). The compacts had always given decent images and are easy to carry around and you don't need to charge that often. When I put in the batteries that came with the unit they ran out after taking 2 photo's. I thought that the batteries must have just been cheap ones and that they may have drained in the package etc. so I bought some top of the range Duracell thinking that these would be much better... No, after about FIVE photgraphs (not five times using the camera and taking some photos, just five photographs) the screen was going "grainy" and the batteries died. If like me when you go away on holiday or go out for the day, you will tkae more than 5 photographs (I sometimes take the same one five times just to get a decent one with a 2 year old that won't keep still). You would have to use about 200 batteries if you took this camera on holiday with you.

I returned the item and was given a full refund and the service/delivery etc was all excellent so I can't fault that, but this is a review of the product.

I ended up going back to a "point and shoot" (I think they call it: Canon Powershot SX260 HS GPS)and straight away you realise how superior Lithium ion cells are too batteries (And cheaper!). Even though the cannon was way more expensive I will never have to buy 1000's of batteries and have a camera that will stay powered up all day plus the pictures are good too....
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2013 5:55 PM BST

StarTech.com Replacement USB Keyboard to PS/2 Adapter - F/M
StarTech.com Replacement USB Keyboard to PS/2 Adapter - F/M

2.0 out of 5 stars Straight in the bin, 13 July 2011
After replacing my keyboard and mouse with devices with the USB style connections I thought I would buy two of these to convert the ends so that I could use the original connections and free up two USB ports. However, the device didn't work. Yes, it might be my fault for not knowing much about the devices etc. but what else can they be used for if not this application?? Straight in the bin unfortunately! I gave them a two since they were at least well made and cheap...

Runescape: Betrayal at Falador (Runescape 1)
Runescape: Betrayal at Falador (Runescape 1)
by T.S Church

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, 13 July 2011
having read the likes of The Belgariad, The Magician, Thomas Covenant the unbeleiver, Lirael, Bathemaius and the obvious such as LOTR, His Dark Materials etc. I was struggling to find another book in the same genré. I do play Runescape every now and then and decided to take the plunge and give it a go. My verdict: I was expecting it to be rushed and just a money making excerise, however, I was quite surprised! I found it quite a good read. Also, the fact that I have played the game and new all of the places added to the pleasure. I usually know after about 50 pages if I hate/love a book so the fact that I read it all must mean that I liked it. I thought it was well written and will probably buy the next installment.

TIGI Brunette Goddess Shampoo - 750 ml
TIGI Brunette Goddess Shampoo - 750 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars The only Shampoo my wife uses, 13 July 2011
It must be good, the wife won't use anything else. I have sneaked a go too and yes I also liked it, smelt nice and washed my hair, what more do men want?

Silverline 277858 T6 x 75 mm Trx Screwdriver
Silverline 277858 T6 x 75 mm Trx Screwdriver

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for one use, 13 July 2011
Bought this to replace the screen on my Iphone. Nice and cheap but also flimsy. Did the job but then end is already in a state and I am not sure it will be able to fix another.

Ethos Old School Long Handle Dust Pan & Brush In Black
Ethos Old School Long Handle Dust Pan & Brush In Black

1.0 out of 5 stars The wife hates it, 13 July 2011
Bought this on a recomendation from the mother. However, it is more of a novelty item than a useful cleaning tool. Difficult to use and a bit clunky. Pluse the edge of the shovel doesn't fit flush with the floor so you don;t even pick everything up. Unfortunately I can see it going in the bin or given to my mum as a spare??

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5