Profile for allule > Reviews

Content by allule

allule (Ely UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
A-szcxtop™Multi-Alarm Timer Tablet Pills Reminder Medicine Box / 24 Hours Alarm Clock, 4 Independent Alarms--Battery Included

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful reminder, 26 Oct. 2015
My husband has to take pills four times a day, and this seems an excellent way to get reminders. It arrived promptly, and was easy to set up.
The only problem we have is his lack of dexterity. He has been using a pill container with four separate lidded compartments, so that he can tip the pills from just one section into his hand, and he cannot pick up pills from the small compartments. He is using this alongside his old container.
I have given five stars as this is an unusual problem, but wonder if the manufacturers could consider making a version with individual lids?

Simplicity Greenhouse Digital Max/Min thermometer Green
Simplicity Greenhouse Digital Max/Min thermometer Green
Offered by The Greenhouse People

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 26 Oct. 2015
I bought this for use in a shed where I wanted to overwinter some plants. I was initially disappointed when I tried to reset it, as the display did not change. I thought it was faulty, then realised the stick on screen protector had numbers printed on it. Doh!
It is easy to read, and I hope will help me keep things alive.

3 Pairs Mens Gentle Grip HoneyCombe Top Non Elastic Socks by Drew Brady / 25 Colour Designs to Choose From / UK Sizes 6-11 and 12-14 (UK 6-11 Eur 39-45, Blue Suit)
Offered by adam & eesa Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solution, 26 Oct. 2015
These socks are ideal for my husband, who has slightly swollen ankles. They stay up just as well as elasticated socks, without leaving a pressure mark. They wash well, and seem excellent value.

Plastic Carpet Protector Hallway Runner 27 Inches Wide Select You Length In 2ft Units
Offered by Stewart and Gibson Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars cat proofing, 31 Oct. 2014
With two new kittens and an open plan house, we were trying to find a way of keeping them out of our bedroom, without them scratching up the carpet. I tried the hint of double sided tape, which did work, but left a sticky band that we kept getting caught on.
I tried this cut to shape and stuck on to the carpet with the double sided tape, and it worked very well for a few months...stayed in place and was not noticeable.
Unfortunately, as they got older and their voices louder, they resorted to howling at the door instead, so we have admitted defeat, and they now sleep where they like.

Docrafts Metallic Pens, Bullet Tip (Pack of 8)
Docrafts Metallic Pens, Bullet Tip (Pack of 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars adding sparkle, 31 Oct. 2014
These are super for drawing on black card...we did a project on constellations with a beaver group, and the results were very effective.
I shall keep them for 'special' uses....sure they will be used around Christmas!

Severin Filter Coffee Maker, 1.4 Litre, 1000 Watt, Stainless Steel, Black
Severin Filter Coffee Maker, 1.4 Litre, 1000 Watt, Stainless Steel, Black
Offered by Homespares Centres Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars good for a crowd, 31 Oct. 2014
I am a devotee of my Aeropresse coffee maker, but although perfect for one or two cups, this doesn't really cope with larger quantities. I also like being able to get coffee ready to make, before the meal.
A filter system is my second choice, and this is an excellent one..solid and well designed. It keeps coffee at a good temperature, though it loses quality if kept too long.
I find I am still going back to the Aeropresse most of the time, for one or two cups, but like having this as an alternative when we have visitors.
It would be an improvement if the jug lid and handle could be removed, so that the glass jug could go in the dishwasher.

Pair Of Traditional Armchair / Sofa Back Protector Covers - Faux Suede - Cypress Green
Offered by Lord Of The Linens

5.0 out of 5 stars They are excellent.. look good and stay in place well, 29 Oct. 2014
Having bought a new expensive recliner armchair, I wanted to protect the back, and reluctantly sent £60 for the matching cover. As it was going to take several weeks to arrive, I sent for these as a cheap stopgap. They are excellent..look good and stay in place well.
The 'official' one has now arrived. It doesn't fit as well, doesn't look as good, doesn't stay in place and is very poor value.
We are continuing to use this one, which is excellent in all ways. The cat likes sitting on it, too.

Kindle Paperwhite (6th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 29 Oct. 2014
I have had the older kindle for some time, and loved it. As I use it mainly for reading in bed at night, I thought the paperwhite would be an improvement as I would not disturb my husband by having the bedside light on, so I bought one, and passed my earlier kindle on to my grandson.
The lighting was great, but the touchscreen drove me mad! As I was lying down and holding it, I kept accidentally bringing up the dictionary, and if I held it in the wrong way, found it had skipped several pages and I had great trouble finding my place. I only use it for straight reading, so did not make use of the extra features.
I have swapped back to my old kindle, where turning a page is more positive, and bought a clip on light.
My grandson is very happy with the paperwhite, so it may be an age problem, but now we are both satisfied.

Earol & Aculife Ear Wax Removal Syringe kit
Earol & Aculife Ear Wax Removal Syringe kit
Offered by Hearing Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars effective, 1 Jun. 2014
we had used the earplugs before, but following on with the syringe proved very effective. My husband can now hear the hissing when the television sound box has not been turned off!

Intense Green A4 Coloured Craft Card 160gsm x 50 Sheets
Intense Green A4 Coloured Craft Card 160gsm x 50 Sheets
Offered by Quickdraw Stationery UK

5.0 out of 5 stars good for children's craft, 1 Jun. 2014
great value for use with children ( the Beavers used them to make and decorate spiral snakes, which looked good)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7