Profile for allule > Reviews

Content by allule

allule (Ely UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Plastic Carpet Protector Hallway Runner 27 Inches Wide Select You Length In 2ft Units
Offered by West Derby Carpets Online

5.0 out of 5 stars cat proofing, 31 Oct 2014
With two new kittens and an open plan house, we were trying to find a way of keeping them out of our bedroom, without them scratching up the carpet. I tried the hint of double sided tape, which did work, but left a sticky band that we kept getting caught on.
I tried this cut to shape and stuck on to the carpet with the double sided tape, and it worked very well for a few months...stayed in place and was not noticeable.
Unfortunately, as they got older and their voices louder, they resorted to howling at the door instead, so we have admitted defeat, and they now sleep where they like.

Papermania 8 Metallic Pens
Papermania 8 Metallic Pens
Offered by Baby Craft

5.0 out of 5 stars adding sparkle, 31 Oct 2014
This review is from: Papermania 8 Metallic Pens
These are super for drawing on black card...we did a project on constellations with a beaver group, and the results were very effective.
I shall keep them for 'special' uses....sure they will be used around Christmas!

Severin Filter Coffee Maker, 1.4 Litre, 1000 Watt, Stainless Steel, Black
Severin Filter Coffee Maker, 1.4 Litre, 1000 Watt, Stainless Steel, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars good for a crowd, 31 Oct 2014
I am a devotee of my Aeropresse coffee maker, but although perfect for one or two cups, this doesn't really cope with larger quantities. I also like being able to get coffee ready to make, before the meal.
A filter system is my second choice, and this is an excellent one..solid and well designed. It keeps coffee at a good temperature, though it loses quality if kept too long.
I find I am still going back to the Aeropresse most of the time, for one or two cups, but like having this as an alternative when we have visitors.

Pair Of Traditional Armchair / Sofa Back Protector Covers - Faux Suede - Cypress Green
Offered by Lord Of The Linens

5.0 out of 5 stars They are excellent.. look good and stay in place well, 29 Oct 2014
Having bought a new expensive recliner armchair, I wanted to protect the back, and reluctantly sent £60 for the matching cover. As it was going to take several weeks to arrive, I sent for these as a cheap stopgap. They are excellent..look good and stay in place well.
The 'official' one has now arrived. It doesn't fit as well, doesn't look as good, doesn't stay in place and is very poor value.
We are continuing to use this one, which is excellent in all ways. The cat likes sitting on it, too.

Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High-Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 29 Oct 2014
I have had the older kindle for some time, and loved it. As I use it mainly for reading in bed at night, I thought the paperwhite would be an improvement as I would not disturb my husband by having the bedside light on, so I bought one, and passed my earlier kindle on to my grandson.
The lighting was great, but the touchscreen drove me mad! As I was lying down and holding it, I kept accidentally bringing up the dictionary, and if I held it in the wrong way, found it had skipped several pages and I had great trouble finding my place. I only use it for straight reading, so did not make use of the extra features.
I have swapped back to my old kindle, where turning a page is more positive, and bought a clip on light.
My grandson is very happy with the paperwhite, so it may be an age problem, but now we are both satisfied.

Earol & Aculife Ear Wax Removal Syringe kit
Earol & Aculife Ear Wax Removal Syringe kit
Offered by MEDICO

5.0 out of 5 stars effective, 1 Jun 2014
we had used the earplugs before, but following on with the syringe proved very effective. My husband can now hear the hissing when the television sound box has not been turned off!

Intense Green A4 Coloured Craft Card 160gsm x 50 Sheets
Intense Green A4 Coloured Craft Card 160gsm x 50 Sheets
Offered by G&N Online Services Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars good for children's craft, 1 Jun 2014
great value for use with children ( the Beavers used them to make and decorate spiral snakes, which looked good)

FlexEx Hand Exerciser - Triple Pack, Made In USA
FlexEx Hand Exerciser - Triple Pack, Made In USA

5.0 out of 5 stars several uses, 1 Jun 2014
I purchased these for my husband, who is having problems with things like buttons and shoelaces.
I hadn't realised I was buying three packs of 3, but have passed two sets to friends who have had hand injuries, and they all find it a good way to exercise fingers together and separately.

Holographic 18cm Garden Windmill - Assorted Colours Set Of 6
Holographic 18cm Garden Windmill - Assorted Colours Set Of 6
Offered by Shop4allsorts Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars not scary enough, 8 April 2014
We have two young cats, and I wanted to deter a pair of blackbirds from nesting in the ivy at the end of the garden. I thought these might do the trick.
They are really attractive, and fixed easily by sliding the sticks over ivy branches; they spin most of the time, and have stood up to rain and high wind.
Unfortunately,the blackbirds are completely undeterred by them.
Oh well, I'll have to think again. In the meantime, they brighten up our garden at a bargain price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2014 3:13 PM BST

Beechfield Classic Army Cap 100% Cotton - 9 Great Colours (B34) (CHOCOLATE)
Beechfield Classic Army Cap 100% Cotton - 9 Great Colours (B34) (CHOCOLATE)
Offered by NGWorld

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 30 Dec 2013
This shape of cap does not touch the top of the head, so can be more comfortable.
These are good quality material....100% cotton....well made and great value.
The postage does add to the cost, but it helps to buy more than one at a time, and the choice of colours makes this easy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6