Profile for Serk > Reviews

Content by Serk

Serk

Alien: Isolation - Nostromo Edition (PS3)
Alien: Isolation - Nostromo Edition (PS3)
Offered by Shop4World

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it!, 25 Jan. 2015
Amazing even on ps3, if you like the movies this is the best game since AVP on the Jaguar. Just buy it!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3)
Offered by Base

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best games ever made., 25 Nov. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
One of the best games ever made. Runs best on a decent PC but still jaw dropping on the PS3, lots of new features to impress players of Morrowind and Oblivion, and easy to get into for new comers. There's enough to keep you interested for a year or more really, money well spent! The only downside is the repercussions on your social life... Perfect delivery from Amazon too.

MacBook Pro 15inch 2.4GHz (Intel Core i5, 4Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with 256 MB, SD card slot, Intel HD Graphics, up to 9 hour battery life)
Offered by IHI
Price: £1,799.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny, 20 Oct. 2010
Former longtime PC user, but have also used Macs previously in the workplace.

I have been using this MacBook pro for over 3 months now and I'm still just as impressed with it now as when I initially bought it, which is rare isn't it? I use this MacBook for work and for heavy multimedia usage, and at times I will have several memory and processor intensive applications running at once without any issues. All of my previous PCs (desktop and laptops) have always packed a punch to begin with but have became sluggish over time, there are ways around this I know but if you're like me and simply like to open the box and get to work then this is your best bet. I've spent far too much time in the past fixing problems with PCs so this was really a breath of fresh air. There are more powerful MacBooks out there but so far I haven't regretted not paying the extra. I was really happy with the price, especially when you see how much you save with Amazon compared to buying from an official store (I walk past now and think 'fools!').

My only issue is for work, Office is a necessity but 2008 has numerous issues (let's see how good 2011 is), so my only advice would be if you're buying it for work and don't plan on using graphic / audio software then this may not be for you. Also, if you're a software developer you may find yourself installing Windows via bootcamp within your first month! However if you're like me and you are all about multimedia software then a mac is definitely the way forward, it really helps your creativity when your machine ticks over perfectly without issue. Oh and one more thing, if you want games don't bother, just get a console!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 8, 2011 7:00 PM BST