Profile for Viktar Zaitsau > Reviews

Content by Viktar Zaitsau

Viktar Zaitsau "Author of: 'Energy Audit UNDONE' and 'Energy Performance Contracts Handbook'" (Surrey)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Anything You Want: 40 Lessons for a New Kind of Entrepreneur
Anything You Want: 40 Lessons for a New Kind of Entrepreneur
by Derek Sivers
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Derek's way resonates with me. Derek also returns the e-mails! So famous however still grounded., 21 Nov 2012
I bought the audio book via Audible.co.uk as a part of the membership. It is only 2 CDs, however so informative. I have listened it twice in my car. Derek recorded it himself. I suggest you buy an audio book. There is so much more you will get out of it by listening his intonation and voice. It is brilliant!

It is a very simple story which I bought into. The guy (Derek) started as a pro musician, sold some of his music CDs on the gigs and concerts and then decided to sell it on-line. He set up the web-site himself and started selling his music for fun. Then, his friends started asking him to put their work for sale. He did that. Then more asked about the same. He charged them $50 for putting it on a web-site. And it took off like crazy.

Derek shows how he took care of CD Baby customers, how business grew despite him wanting staying small. He really focused on infamous musicians and never signed up any big names. He gives the lessons in recruiting and tells how he sold the business. In the book Derek asked to contact him to share the feedback or to ask questions.

So, I visited the web-site and loved it even more - his book reviews are the best I have ever seen. His life principles are inspirational and he lives them.

I sent him e-mail asking for advise. To my amazement, he replied. In his true "customer care" spirit he provided a ton of valuable information to me. He is like a gift to the stranger. I can't describe him in any other way.

Well done Derek!, well done my friend!

Web Design In Easy Steps 5th Edition
Web Design In Easy Steps 5th Edition
by Sean McManus

3.0 out of 5 stars Could not read the most of the book, 19 Nov 2012
I like the colours and page layout. The starting and finishing chapters are great. I wanted it to be more personal. It is like reading a guide and in middle you realise you are dosing off. I must admit programming bit is not for me so had to skip more than a half of the book. It is probably the fifth book I could not read fully and had to skip lots of pages.

Gung Ho!: Turn on the People in Any Organization
Gung Ho!: Turn on the People in Any Organization
by Ken Blanchard

5.0 out of 5 stars organisational turn around, 12 Nov 2012
It is a very simple book on a very interesting subject of turning around the companies. It is written like a story of a promissing executive send to the factory which supposed to be closed off soon. She met a very interesting person there, with whos help they turn things around. By the end of the book you know what

* the spirit of the squirel is (worthwile work)
* the way of the beaver is (doing it your way)
* and what is the way of the goose (culture of comradorship and encouragement)

All great stuff. Short and brilliant.

The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success
The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success
by Andy Andrews

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting angle, 12 Nov 2012
I likes that story. Specifically, I was impressed by the part where the book personage gets into the room of unachieved dreams. I was touched by it. He and his wife planned for the third child. And he found a photo of this child there.

It makes you think about what we have given up and wasted.

Great story. Great style.

Gold Stars Starting Maths Preschool Workbook (Gold Stars Pre School Workbook)
Gold Stars Starting Maths Preschool Workbook (Gold Stars Pre School Workbook)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 12 Nov 2012
I bought a full series of these books. My girl does them from time to time. I wish it had more interactions and colour to keep her focus more often. On the positive side it has got lots of exercises to practice.

Gold Stars Starting to Write Preschool Workbook (Gold Stars Pre School Workbook)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 12 Nov 2012

Gold Stars Starting Phonics Preschool Workbook (Gold Stars Pre School Workbook)
Gold Stars Starting Phonics Preschool Workbook (Gold Stars Pre School Workbook)

Publish on Amazon Kindle with Kindle Direct Publishing
Publish on Amazon Kindle with Kindle Direct Publishing

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and concise, 12 Nov 2012
I am planning to publish a book on Amazon and downloaded this title. I liked its simplicity. It looks very simple to upload the book after reading it. I will be able to say more once I have used it.

The Ultimate Sales Machine: Turbocharge Your Business with Relentless Focus on 12 Key Strategies
by Chet Holmes

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraodinary, 7 Nov 2012
Chet died recently. I came across him via Tony Robbins' Business Mastery seminar. He used to run Tony's sales team of over 50 reps. This book is extraordinary. Some approaches he describes are unique. His key phrase 'pig headed discipline' is a part of my life now. He actually wanted to call this book 'Pig headed executive always wins'. He will teach you how to get dream customer and how to work on different parts of your business. It's a germ. Must have if you are in business or sales.

Jolly Phonics Workbooks: Books 1-7
Jolly Phonics Workbooks: Books 1-7
by Susan M. Lloyd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good set of phonics workbooks, 7 Nov 2012
It is a reasonably good set of phonics books. My daughter likes spending time doing the exercisers. It could have more interactive exercisers, so kids are more exited doing them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14