Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Increase Your Faith Change Your Life
Increase Your Faith Change Your Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Adam Houge - You Have Been So Blessed, 23 Jun. 2016
I have just finished reading the first book in this boxset, Seven Most Powerful Prayers That Will Change Your Life. It really is a truly fantastic read and is so clearly written that I found it very easy to understand. When I was reading through the various chapters, I found myself becoming so engrossed in every golden word, and I know that the Lord was speaking directly to me through the power of the Holy Spirit. Adam Houge has been truly blessed by God to write so beautifully, that the reader becomes more spiritually aware as the book goes on. Spending quiet, quality time with God is such an important daily activity for every living Christian and this book enables us to do just that. This book demonstrates so clearly how we should desire to be working on our relationship with God before anything else. Thanks to this blessed book, I have discovered that God is calling me to be ordained as a vicar. I had been wrestling with the idea for quite some time, wondering if I could possibly do it or questioning whether I was good enough. However, I know that God speaks to us for a reason and that when the message becomes even more persistent, we must take it very seriously! Thanks very much for Adam Houge's life-changing book and an extra special thanks to my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!

The Very Best of Elton John - Part 2
The Very Best of Elton John - Part 2
Offered by HitsvilleUK & more

1.0 out of 5 stars What Can I Say?, 17 May 2016
Without any track listing or customer reviews based on actual purchases, I really cannot comment! Please try and rectify this major oversight Amazon, as forty pounds for a CD album is very expensive - we need to know exactly what we are getting for our hard-earned money!!! As it is
a very best of Elton John compilation, I am prepared to give him a customary star for the time being.

The Green Mile
The Green Mile

5.0 out of 5 stars KING Of Thrills And Suspense, 12 May 2016
This review is from: The Green Mile (Kindle Edition)
Stephen King is without doubt the most prolific storyteller in the adult genre of thrillers and mysteries! With a career spanning more than 40 years, he has written countless tales of horror and fantasy fiction - each story filled with such creepy goings-on!! Since his very first novel Carrie in 1974, King has produced a staggering total of 55 novels, 11 short story collections and 7 novellas. During his lengthy and highly successful career, Stephen King Has accumulated book sales exceeding 350 million copies worldwide! Like millions of readers across the world, I have been so absorbed with King's spine-chilling body of work over several decades. However, thanks to my Amazon kindle reading app, what I really love most of all now, is having the complete works of Stephen King with me at all times, wherever I choose to goI When this book was initially released in Britain, it came out in a series of six slim paperbacks, with only one being available for purchase each month! It left avid readers like myself, hungry for more and eagerly waiting for the next exciting instalment! Anyhow, after I had finally collected them all, I decided to read all six parts together and the story is so riveting that it will leave you feeling mesmerised. I have to rate this with 5 stars because it is so beautifully written and is quite simply another literary masterpiece by Stephen King! One final point that I absolutely must make is that if I am going to have the entire collection of Stephen King books on my Amazon kindle reading app, I must know something Amazon!! WHY IS IT THAT I CANNOT GET THE ENGLISH VERSION OF THESE TITLES ON KINDLE? "RAGE", "THE CYCLE OF THE WEREWOLF", "THE EYES OF THE DRAGON" and "THE COLORADO KID" IF THEY CAN DO SPANISH, GERMAN, ITALIAN VERSIONS ON KINDLE, WILL THESE GREAT BOOKS BE AVAILABLE SOON TO READ IN ENGLISH ON MY AMAZON KINDLE - AND IF THE ANSWER IS NO, MAY I ASK AMAZON WHY?

OASIS-TIME FLIES... 1994 2009
OASIS-TIME FLIES... 1994 2009
Dvd ~ Oasis
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars Mad For It . . . . Part One, 27 April 2016
When Manchester band Oasis first entered the UK Top 40 exactly 22 years ago in April 1994, their debut single "Supersonic" only reached No.31 in the charts - what an outrage! The reason why this happened is because the biggest majority of the British population were not quite ready to pin back their ears and listen to something truly amazing. The following single "Shakermaker" was more widely received and appreciated as people braved themselves and took a chance, sensing that there was something very special and truly unique about this rock outfit. As a result of this growing interest, the single narrowly missed out on a top ten placing, peaking at No.11 in July that year. Despite the fact that none of us were really prepared for what was about to happen, Oasis slowly grew in popularity across the country. In August 1994, "Live Forever" took Oasis into the top ten for the very first time, where it reached No.10 and then in the month of October came the unforgettable classic rock anthem "Cigarettes And Alcohol" which made it to No.7 - Oasis were about to explode and become a huge success! In the final week of the year, Oasis reached new heights with another hard-hitting rock classic "Whatever" reaching the No.3 spot on the official Christmas chart! Oasis had now arrived and were about to become giants of rock and the most talked-about music act in years! With the album "Definitely Maybe" already clocking up huge sales since its release in October 1994, the band were about to dominate record sales in both albums and singles chart for the next three and a half years!
Mad For It . . . . Part Two follows shortly.

Cliff Richard's 75th Birthday Concert Performed at The Royal Albert Hall [DVD]
Cliff Richard's 75th Birthday Concert Performed at The Royal Albert Hall [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cliff Richard
Offered by Rikdev Media

5.0 out of 5 stars THE VERY BEST MUSIC COLLECTION FROM THE VERY BEST LIFETIME RECORDING ARTIST!!!!!, 8 April 2016
ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING NIGHT OF MUSIC FROM BRITAIN'S NO.1 CHART ACT AS A LIVING RECORDING ARTIST! OUTSTANDING QUALITY OF SOUND, OUTSTANDING COLLECTION OF HIT RECORDS, OUTSTANDING ENTERTAINMENT, OUTSTANDING DVD, THANKYOU VERY MUCH AMAZON FOR A FIRST-CLASS DELIVERY SERVICE.

75 At 75
75 At 75

5.0 out of 5 stars Chart Legend - Record Breaker!!, 8 April 2016
This review is from: 75 At 75 (Audio CD)
Cliff Richard is without doubt the most incredible achiever of all-time in the history of British popular music. Based purely on record sales alone - it is a fact that Cliff's 21st Century Christmas released in December 2006, outsold the Take That comeback single "Patience" during the first week of its release. Now if you look at the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s, Cliff Richard topped the charts in each of those decades, based solely on the weekly record sales alone - that means the "Peter Pan Of Pop has actually hit the number one spot in six consecutive decades, if you remain with the original chart format of how many copies were sold during a single week! This outstanding chart statistic is undeniable and what's more impressive about this one fact alone - all this has been achieved as a living artist! No other chart act has achieved this incredible feat anywhere in the world!
With more Top 40 hit singles than anyone else during their lifetime of recording, and with a staggering 1200 weeks spent on the British singles charts alone, Cliff Richard stands out as the undisputed King Of The British Charts. No one else but Cliff can claim that crown as a living recording artist. Fifty years from his first top ten hit "Move It" in 1958 up to "Thankyou For A Lifetime" in 2008; 40 years between his first number one "Living Doll" in 1959 and "The Millennium Prayer" in 1999 (47 years if record sales alone had given 21st Century Christmas official number one status in 2006!) The most staggering chart statistic of all, has to be the fact that there have been more than 100 albums, with top four status achieved over an amazing seven successive decades 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010S!!! Why on earth is that not mentioned in the world record books?
This fantastic 3-disc album is beautifully designed and packaged and each cd is coloured differently in a very eye-catching style! There are 75 tracks that cover fifty years of chart hits including all the top ten singles across six consecutive decades. Every major hit is included on this Greatest Hits compilation with just one exception! - Why is it that no Cliff Richard hits album ever includes the 1986 Comic Relief version of Living Doll? It really was a truly hilarious collaboration with The Young Ones and what's more, it was another chart-topper!! But for this one major oversight, which I hope will appear on a Cliff Richard best of cd album, in the not too distant future, 75 at 75 is without a doubt, the best compilation of Cliff's hit records. The sound quality of each track is absolutely first-class and the price is right on the money, too! If you are a true fan of Cliff Richard's music, but money is limited, this is the only album you will ever really need, outstanding music, outstanding collection, outstanding quality, outstanding price! What more can you possibly ask for? I rate the album 75 at 75 with five stars because it is a truly outstanding product in every way. I also ordered myself the DVD of Cliff Richard's 75th Birthday Concert to go with the CD. It was recorded live At The Royal Albert Hall and was a truly memorable occasion for all of us who attended. Special guests, birthday greetings, amazing tributes, and of course, the man of the momemt performing many of his greatest songs from the past fifty plus years! What else can I say but thanks Cliff for so many wonderful memories and a big thankyou to Amazon, who were able to deliver promptly as always and I am so delighted with my purchases.

The Beatles Box Set - Remastered in Stereo
The Beatles Box Set - Remastered in Stereo

5.0 out of 5 stars The Beatles: Jewels In The Crown!, 25 Mar. 2016
This is without doubt the greatest collection of The Beatles you could ever hope to purchase! All twelve studio albums that were released in Britain between 1963 and 1970 are included . . . . Please Please Me, With The Beatles, A Hard Day's Night, Beatles For Sale, Help, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, The White Album, Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road and Let It Be. In addition to these twelve classic albums, there is also included, the highly acclaimed Magical Mystery Tour, which was only released as an album in the US (the UK version was originally released as a six-track double EP only, while the US album version consisted of eleven tracks!!). Also, included in this sumptuous collection are both volumes of the Past Masters and a bonus disc of documentaries on each studio album. Each album is beautifully remastered in stereo and boasts of superior sound quality, such has never been heard before! The sophisticated engineering that went into producing these musical masterpieces is a truly outstanding tribute to the ongoing popularity of the most successful and highly influential music band of all time, anywhere in the world! So prolific was the group in their songwriting prowess and so great was the output of their recordings, that The Beatles pure musical genius puts them way ahead of any other band in the history of popular music. Having been heard all over the world for more than half a century, the Fab Four remain just as appealing today as ever before, for all to enjoy and appreciate!

God's Promises for Your Everyday Need
God's Promises for Your Everyday Need
by Thomas Nelson

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven Sent Promises!!, 29 Nov. 2015
After purchasing a single one of these from my local bookshop, I thought to myself what a truly fantastic find! As soon as I got back home and began reading this spiritual treasure, I decided that this book of God's Promises For Your Everyday Need was so good that I just had to share the experience with others. As soon as I logged into my own personal account on Amazon, I prayed that this priceless gem would be available for me to buy online - and it was!! I knew that anyone who lives with that real, spirit-filled passion for the Lord Jesus Christ and has an equally burning desire for the written word of God, will quite simply adore a book such as this . . . . . . .
This item is extra special in every single way possible and it really does tick all the relevant boxes! The book is very light and pocket-sized, so you will always be able to carry it everywhere with you and therefore have instant access to it! What greatly surprised me about this wonderful book also, was the fact that despite its obvious size, the print was not too small and therefore, there was no straining of the eyes - ideal for me, especially as I wear reading-glasses! Whether you are at home or in the office, travelling on holiday or still at school, you can carry this with you everywhere! With a shiny and smooth burgundy background and gold writing on the front cover, it is clear that great care and attention went into the making of such a book as this! Even the price is excellent and when you purchase this little beauty, you will draw the same conclusion as me, that this product is well worth the money and an absolute bargain.
In fact, because I was so impressed with this particular book, I have decided to buy a great many more in the months ahead, not only do they make a perfect gift for all those special occasions, namely, baptisms, birthdays, christenings, Christmas, confirmations, Easter, funerals, weddings, etc. but also because as a street evangelist and God's representative on earth, I think sometimes it would be nice to give some out free to any passer-by who expresses a genuine interest. So, whatever the occasion happens to be, anyone who is seriously committed about the Christian faith, or whoever may be interested in finding out more, God's Promises For Your Everyday Need is a fantastic book to buy! Whatever your mood, this book covers a whole multitude of real-life scenarios, specifically designed to help you keep focused on God at all times, no matter what life brings to you personally, or to others around you!
One final point that I must make, is that all the scriptural references contained inside this book are taken from the New King James Bible.

LES MISÉRABLES [Deluxe Illustrated Edition, Complete Unabridged, Annotated]
LES MISÉRABLES [Deluxe Illustrated Edition, Complete Unabridged, Annotated]

5.0 out of 5 stars Les Misérables is without question the finest moment in the life of French author Victor Hugo!!, 3 Oct. 2015
This kindle version of Les Misérables is without doubt the finest one available and I cannot think of anything negative about it! Beautifully formatted and indexed for the enhanced reading experience, this amazon kindle book contains absolutely everything you could possibly wish for! For those who are unable to take advantage of the indexed feature , your device must have experienced a technical fault during the download, because there is not a single thing wrong at all with mine! The illustrations are truly exquisite and designed perfectly to make the book an even more attractive prospect! The overall layout on each page is of the highest quality, with a first-class chapter navigation system and the table of contents so easy-to-use. Also, I have successfully downloaded the entire audiobooks that came with this kindle version of Les Misérables. I thought that this masterpiece in classic literature was too good to be true, especially as it came at a bargain-basement price - but I am so overjoyed to have been proven wrong!
I am so delighted with this purchase that I am recommending this Amazon kindle product very highly indeed, rating it with five star billing!!!

Roald Dahl 15 Book Box Set (Slipcase) Includes Matilda, Witches, The Twits, Fantastic Mr Fox, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, Georges Marvellous Medicine, The BFG, Danny the Champion of the World....
by Roald Dahl

5.0 out of 5 stars Fifteen Children's Classics by Roald Dahl, 28 Sept. 2015
Even today in the twenty-first century, Roald Dahl still remains one of the most popular writers of children's books. His stories are packed full of such great fun and there are plenty of laughs along the way, too! This particular boxset contains fifteen of Roald Dahl's best-loved titles and it comes at an unbelievable price, so you really do need to buy this collection as quickly as possible while stocks last! Whatever the occasion is, whether birthday or christmas present, I can recommend this product very highly. It is the perfect gift for making that certain little someone special, very happy indeed!
Here is a complete alphabetical list of those fifteen books that make up this fantastic collection!
The BFG, Boy: Tales Of Childhood, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Charlie And The Great Glass Elevator, Danny The Champion Of The World, Esio Trot, Fantastic Mr Fox, George's Marvellous Medicine, The Giraffe And The Pelly And Me, Going Solo, James And The Giant Peach, The Magic Finger, Matilda, The Twits, The Witches.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2015 6:47 PM GMT