Profile for Avid reader > Reviews

Content by Avid reader

Avid reader

Taking Liberty (Gabe Quinn Thriller Series Book 3)
Taking Liberty (Gabe Quinn Thriller Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 28 May 2014
What an action packed ride through all three books. It was like a Jason Bourne movie. So many OMG's especially the ending. Was not expecting that. Full of suspense especially the sub plots. I wish there was another book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2014 11:13 AM BST

Midnight Haul
Midnight Haul

3.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 9 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Midnight Haul (Kindle Edition)
Story was told well with lots of information about the industry but not enough action for my liking. Still a good page turner.

Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

5.0 out of 5 stars No 1, 28 April 2013
This review is from: Last Man Standing (Kindle Edition)
A real good thriller right to the end. Lots of twists and turns kept me wanting more. Next one please.

The Firemaker: Yan & Campbell 1 (The China Thrillers)
The Firemaker: Yan & Campbell 1 (The China Thrillers)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cracking Read, 13 Feb. 2013
Having read the Lewis Trilogy and loved it I went straight into the China series. I thought the story was so well put together, keeping you in suspence the whole way through. I also learnt so much about China, its history and culture. Great read.

The Lewis Man: Book Two of the Lewis Trilogy
The Lewis Man: Book Two of the Lewis Trilogy

5.0 out of 5 stars What a good read, 24 Jan. 2013
I have now finished all three of the trilogy. I learnt so much about the Island. Peter May's decription of the scenery and the culture of the people was so good. A cracking read, couldn't put it down. I thought the way in which the story was told through the eyes of someone else in The Lewis Man was done very well.

Silver Fin (Young Bond Book 1)
Silver Fin (Young Bond Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Was supposed to be a present, 26 Nov. 2012
I bought my grandson a kindle for Xmas and loaded this book for him. Thought I had better read a bit to see if suitable. Couldn't put it down. Read the whole book. Although targeted at teens I think it will be like the Harry Potter books where any age can read it. The first chapter gripped you.
Hope he writes a follow up book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2013 1:06 PM GMT

Vibrant Acrylics
Vibrant Acrylics
by Hashim Akib

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 18 April 2012
This review is from: Vibrant Acrylics (Paperback)
I new what to expect when I pre-ordered Vibrant Acrylics as I have attended many of Hash's workshops but when it came I was supprised how different it was to other artists books. I am used to seeing the vibrancy of his work and his beautiful brush strokes so was thrilled to see in his book how easy it was to follow. I had completed two of the tuition excersise in the first weekend using his tecnique and my photos. What I also liked was that there were swatches for the ground colour. Can't wait for the next book!!