ARRAY(0xae1169c8)

Speedo Men's Endurance+ Jammer
Speedo Men's Endurance+ Jammer
Price: 12.25 - 34.27

5.0 out of 5 stars A noticeable difference., 25 Feb 2011
After suffering a running injury I have recently decided to swim regularly - 1km a day 5 days a week. Like most people I was a bit reluctant to wear the brief style "speedos" as I personally find them a little obscene. So I slugged out my laps wearing baggy shorts. That was until I saw these shorts advertised. Well since purchasing these I have seen a noticeable difference to my swimming. Don't get me wrong they haven't turned me into Phelps overnight but they definitely reduce the effort of my freestyle, allowing me to concentrate on technique and speed. I am a fairly slow swimmer anyway so these are a worthwhile investment. A note on the size. I am usually 32" waist and guess what? The 32" shorts fit me perfectly! They are figure hugging yes but that is the idea. People who recommend getting 2 sizes up are in denial of their own waist size I think! Stick to your ACTUAL waist size and you won't go wrong. One last thing - shop around the websites, you will find them cheaper AND with free delivery!

The Wire : Complete HBO Season 1 [DVD] [2002] [2005]
The Wire : Complete HBO Season 1 [DVD] [2002] [2005]
Dvd ~ Dominic West
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing show, 24 Dec 2010
The wire is the best TV show I have ever seen, and I am only 2 seasons in. The only criticism I have is the fact that only 5 seasons were made! There are many reviews on here explaining the plot, characters, why you should watch it etc. For that reason I will keep this review short and to the point.
Buy it, watch it and I guarantee that you will want to watch all 5 of these seasons. Outstanding.

Ventura LED Handlebar Flashlights
Ventura LED Handlebar Flashlights

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 18 Dec 2010
After less than one week one light stopped working. Then a week later the other one stopped working. Do not waste your money. Rubbish.

Smart Superflash 0.5 W Flashing Light - Red
Smart Superflash 0.5 W Flashing Light - Red
Price: 10.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent light but slight water ingress issues, 18 Dec 2010
Firstly the pros:
1. Very bright light, road users will have no trouble whatsoever in seeing you. Two modes either flashing or continuous illumination.
2. Lightweight and easily attached to either the seat post or bike frame. Also an option to clip onto rucksack or jacket.
3. Great value - just over a tenner for a seriously bright light.
4. Takes just 2 AAA batteries (included)

Just one con being that the light itself is not completely waterproof. Granted I didn't have a mudguard attached at the time but on the end of a 5 mile journey in light rain it stopped working due to water ingress. After opening the light and allowing it to dry out it is now working properly again but if this had been a longer journey in heavier rain there might be more serious issues. However I must remember to attach my mudguard next time!

Cateye HL-LD130/TL-LD130 Light Set
Cateye HL-LD130/TL-LD130 Light Set
Offered by EasyShoppingGB
Price: 14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Fairly average lights, terrible fittings, 29 Oct 2010
The lights themselves are ok however you're probably better off getting a brighter front light for your bike and using the clip attachment and fitting these to your clothing.
My fitting bracket fell apart and I lost the part within a few days. Really cheap cable tie arrangement. Not impressed.

Abus Granit-54 X-Plus - Black, 23cm
Abus Granit-54 X-Plus - Black, 23cm
Price: 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely solid well made lock, 6 Oct 2010
This review is from: Abus Granit-54 X-Plus (Sports)
I have recently paid 700 on a new road bike and I am quite keen to keep hold of it! I bought this lock after a friend recommended Abus and I have to say that I am not disappointed. It has the maximum level security rating 15 overall. Thieves have many different methods of sabotaging bike security such as bolt cutting, sawing, drilling, lock picking, ice spray etc. This lock will prevent all of these as well as having anti-corrosion properties. I also have my bike insured and this lock meets the criteria for 99.9% of insurance companies. I use this lock together with the Kryptonite Kryptoflex 7 ft Cable Lock (10 mm x 213 cm) and this also deters thieves and keeps my quick release wheels secure.
The lock comes with 2 keys - one with a light and the other spare. The keys have their own uniques code card. The lock is very simple to use - simply attach the U bracket to the main body and turn the key to secure. It doesn't "snap shut" but it is not difficult to lock and this feature gives it that extra security.
The lock is heavy yes but if you want excellent security then you need to compromise. I prefer to carry my locks in my rucksack whilst riding to work but this is just my preference. It comes with a bracket to attach to the frame but I have not fitted mine.
To conclude I recommend this lock highly. For the price you will not find any better locks out there. Buy it.

A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
by Scott Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 10 Sep 2010
This review is from: A Simple Plan (Paperback)
I chose this book after reading several Amazon reviews praising how good it was... and I was not disappointed. For 3 days I was unable to put this book down, it had me completely gripped. The story will leave you asking so many questions to yourself. I guarantee that you will put yourself in the shoes of not only the main character Hank but also his friends and family too. This is a simple tale of one person's moral dilemma - what is the right thing to do? I'd like to think that if I found a stack of money in the middle of nowhere then I would report it to the police, but hey that would be a pretty dull story wouldn't it? This is the first Scott Smith book I have read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I will definitely be checking out his work in the future.
The reason I didn't give it 5 stars I will mention now. I don't want to spoil too much of the plot to anyone who has not read the book so:

if you are one of these people STOP READING THIS REVIEW NOW (SPOILERS AHEAD)

OK I think the scene at Lou's place where the big killing spree took place was hard to believe. I don't believe that 4 people were killed in this house and the police believed Hank's story. He even admitted himself that he was rushed and he was worried about leaving some evidence behind. Also this was a big turning point in Hank's character Up until this point I had been able to relate to him, and think despite his actions he was doing them for a reason. To protect Jacob by finishing off Pederson, providing for his wife and child by taking the money in the first place. Even shooting Nancy was done in self defence. But when he murdered Sonny in cold blood, this is where the story became less believable for me. I realise that Hank was getting himself deeper and deeper into trouble trying not to get caught - but murdering Sonny (after the recommendation by his wife!) was the last straw. From here on in I began to dislike Hank and then he confirmed this to me by shooting his brother too. I wanted him to get caught, killed or whatever. I don't know maybe Scott Smith intended this for the reader? It certainly didn't stop me reading the book to the end and it was just as intriguing as all these incidents took place.

The Office - An American Workplace: Complete Season 1 [DVD]
The Office - An American Workplace: Complete Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Carell
Price: 5.00

1.0 out of 5 stars A complete insult to the original classic., 27 July 2006
It's bad enough that some people are comparing it to the British all-time classic series. But to actually say that it is better means that they all need their heads examining. To all avid Office fans I cannot stress how bad this show is do NOT waste 15.99 on it. I made that mistake after reading numerous glowing reviews on IMDB but have since realised most of them articles were written by Americans who find just about anything amusing. I am quite disappointed that the original Office creators are among the groups praising this rubbish and have heard that they could be bringing back more British episodes based on the USA script. As much as I would love to see the British version return, I sincerely hope this is not true. They should leave it where they have and allow it to go down in British comedy history.

It's a cliche but if I could give it ZERO stars I would. That's how bad it is.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2014 3:53 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2