Profile for Bridget Jones > Reviews

Bridget Jones

Daisy's War
Daisy's War

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Daisy's War (Kindle Edition)
Having read the first books in this series and enjoyed them I am finding this one very disappointing. It is quite difficult to pick up on the characters, having virtually missed a generation. There is nowhere near the descriptive detail in this book which leaves me wanting to know more about each character and situation. I will persevere but at nearly one third of the way through am finding it hasn't gripped me like the other books did.

Long Time Coming
Long Time Coming

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Long Time Coming (Kindle Edition)
An enjoyable book with, on the whole, laudable characters. It was repetitive at times but had interesting super natural twists. A good holiday read.

Eagle in the Sky
Eagle in the Sky

5.0 out of 5 stars Not disappointed, 30 Mar 2013
This review is from: Eagle in the Sky (Kindle Edition)
It is many years since I first read Eagle in the Sky and was as moved by it now as I was then. I tried to tell myself that the whole plot was too far fetched but quickly became engrossed in the characters and their struggles. It has made me want to learn more about the conflicts faced by the Jews and about the conservation work being done in Africa. Would have loved a sequel.

MOFRED® Black Capacitive Stylus Pen for Kindle Fire HD Tablet / HDX Tablet
MOFRED® Black Capacitive Stylus Pen for Kindle Fire HD Tablet / HDX Tablet
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 27 Mar 2013
So much more accurate than fingers! Could do with one in every room. Would like a way of attaching it to my Kindle cover so it is always with me.

ColorNote Notepad Notes
ColorNote Notepad Notes

2.0 out of 5 stars Limited, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: ColorNote Notepad Notes (App)
Have found this is of limited use to me so far but that could be because of my limited reliance on modern technology. If I spent more time getting used to it I would probably find it more useful.

google board
google board

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: google board (App)
Have not used it very much yet so can't assess it accurately but it is potentially extremely useful. I am not very adventurous with modern technology but am quite pleased with what I have acheived so far and will try to get the best out of all the features.

Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB
Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 27 Mar 2013
My Kindle has me reading again. With the font size choice I can now comfortably read in bed without spectacles! Being able to access emails and internet is an added bonus. Music quality is passable. Haven't delved into downloading films yet as our broadband speed is very slow.

Diana (Hodder Great Reads)
Diana (Hodder Great Reads)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy, 18 Mar 2013
Haven't read a Delderfield for several years and wasn't disappointed but was not gripped by the characters as much as in for example, A Horseman Riding By and To Serve Them All My Days.

Life Of Pi
Life Of Pi

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting conclusion, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Life Of Pi (Kindle Edition)
Thought provoking. Pi's intelligence and enquiring mind shows through in part one which makes part two almost plausible. Part three puts the twist in that culminates in the reader taking away whatever he wishes from the book.

Craghoppers Nosilife Pindwala Plain Shirt Women's Dress - Mushroom, Size 12
Craghoppers Nosilife Pindwala Plain Shirt Women's Dress - Mushroom, Size 12

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 17 Nov 2012
When ordered I guessed the length would not suit me but with a few inches taken off the hem it makes a brilliant long jacket and is ideal for what I need.