Profile for Mr Martin > Reviews

Content by Mr Martin

Mr Martin

Page: 1 | 2
LED Bulb Lamp Light R7S 10W 42 LEDs 5050 SMD 760-780lm 118mm 85-265V AC replacement for Halogen Flood Lamp, 110V 120V 220V Floodlight Replacement Lamp (Cool White)
Offered by BuyBox-UK
Price: 7.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little lamp., 11 Jun 2014
On a bit of an energy saving campaign at home lately, I've been converting to LED's where possible as they use so much less electricity. I had some work to do in the loft and pulled out my old trusty floodlight, set it up and cracked on. Not only does the floodlight create loads of heat (which is awful when working in a tight space like a loft), it was using 500w, just for light! That's far too much, so on the off chance, I looked on Amazon to see if you could get a halogen floodlight LED, and yep, there it was so I ordered one.

Delivered one day later, I opened the box and was impressed at the LED, its ready well made and quite 'sturdy' (which will help as its being placed in a portable floodlight). I fitted the LED and fired it up, and was instantly very impressed with the amount of light. I chose cool white and it really lights up the area, and in a nice clear white light compared to the halogens yellow tinge - and the important bit, using ONLY 10WATTS! It'll pay for itself. Another positive is that it creates no noticeable heat at all, ideal if you are working in a confined space.

A very well deserved 5 stars.

Bullet Magnet: Britain's Most Highly Decorated Frontline Soldier
Bullet Magnet: Britain's Most Highly Decorated Frontline Soldier
by Mick Flynn
Price: 5.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly brilliant., 23 April 2014
'Bullet Magnet' by Mick Flynn, the true story of his active service from Northern Ireland, the Falklands, Iraq, Bosnia and Afghanistan.

What a story! Sometimes his humour had me laughing out loud, and at other times the events that he portrayed in the written words had me shocked and saddened, having to re-read the lines again to let it sink in. Truly gripping from page one.

I won't spoil any of the stories endings by writing about them here, but I recommend you get yourself a copy and see for yourselves what SCM Mick Flynn CGC MC has seen and been through in his years of service. It was also a nice touch to have a selection of photos mid-book, to get a better idea of the equipment he used, and see the other chaps he mentions.

A very well deserved 5 stars, no doubt about it.

Muscle Mousse 750g Strawberry
Muscle Mousse 750g Strawberry
Price: 19.89

5.0 out of 5 stars The best night time recovery dessert on the market., 14 April 2014
After seeing a lot of talk about Muscle Mousse on twitter, (all positive), I decided it was about time I gave it a try.

You simply use the supplied scoop, place 2 rounded scoops of Muscle Mousse into a shaker and add 150ml of cold water. Shake vigorously for 20 - 30 seconds and tip into a glass, wine glass, ramekin or whatever you'd like to eat it from. Place it in the fridge for 30mins to an hour, take it out and eat it just before you go to sleep.

Overnight it will help you repair any muscles you've broken down during the day, be it by sports, weight training, bodybuilding etc., but you don't have to take it then, it can be used any time of day - and the healthy amount of protein in it will help you meet your macros.

I also like the fact it contains no gluten, but it does contain BCAA's and probiotics, is low calorie and low fat, and that's all helping towards achieving your goals without having to take (or buy) some other supplements.

Taste wise, its lovely! The strawberry flavour takes me back to my childhood and reminds me of Angel Delight. It's a very welcome 'upgrade' from night time cottage cheese!

Enjoy :-)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2014 8:18 AM BST

Animal Cuts Fat Burner x 42 packs
Animal Cuts Fat Burner x 42 packs
Offered by Discount Supplements
Price: 30.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't do a great deal for me., 11 April 2014
This review is from: Animal Cuts Fat Burner x 42 packs
I'd heard lots of good things about Animal products, so decided to give them a go. I already use Animal Pak, which is a decent multi to cover all bases if you are into heavy lifting or strenuous exercise.

Took these religiously, two a day and spaced out as per instructions, plenty of water and I ate clean. Trained weights 5 days out of 7, the other 2 days were rest days. At first I found they made me a bit 'jittery', due to the red capsule which contains stimulants. I opened the red capsule and tipped half of it out for the first day, and then a third for the second day and a quarter for the third day, after that I left it intact as my system adapted to that amount of caffeine. I actually got to like the feeling when it kicked in, it certainly helps you get moving! You can remove the red pill completely if you like, its the one that makes you a bit sweaty at first!

I weighed 90 kilos at the start of taking these, at the end I weighed in at 88.90 kilos, so they do work - a bit - but you have to put the work in with your diet and exercise as well, they aren't a magic fat loss pill.

If you are trying to lose that last bit of body fat to really get to see your abs and definition, then these may be of some use to you, they seem to work better as a diuretic than a fat burner. However, if you want to lose some stubborn stored body fat, in my opinion you'd be better off looking at Maxi Nutrition Thermobol.

WMF Profi Plus Garlic Press
WMF Profi Plus Garlic Press
Price: 26.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Mercedes Benz of the garlic press world., 6 April 2014
What more can I say about this garlic press? It's the best made I have ever seen, I truly believe that this will last me my lifetime.

Its easy to clean as you can open it up the opposite way you'd crush garlic, and the area with the holes in that the garlic goes through is very easy to get at. No more struggling to get the bits out.

Save yourself some money by buying one of these rather than a cheaper press that you'll have to replace in a year.

A quality 5 stars :-)

George Foreman 18471 Black 4-Portion Family Grill
George Foreman 18471 Black 4-Portion Family Grill
Price: 20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Heats up quick, saves electric usage., 6 April 2014
Ordered one of these to speed up my food prep rather than wait for the cooker to heat up. Ideal for quick steaks, chicken breasts and many other meats, but also good for peppers, pineapple rings and a whole host of other food.

Another good point with this model is that it only uses up 760 watts yet heats up really quickly. Much better than using a 2kw cooker to cook a single item. Anything that saves on the energy bills these days.

I find it easy to clean if you do it while the plates are still quite warm, simply slightly dampen some kitchen paper and wipe the plates after they've cooled a bit, and anything left on them simply wipes away.

Had mine for a few months now and its used almost every day, no sign of any of the non stick coating coming off the plates and it still looks like new.

Only given it 4 stars though, as this one is meant to be 'family' sized yet it can just take 4 bacon rashers in one go which in my house only serves 2 adults!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy on/off and a good fit, 5 April 2014
Got these recently and have been hammering them in the gym for a while, using them mainly for bag work. They've stood up to the punishment really well, even when I picture the face of my boss on the bag.....well it helps!

My hands are normally a large, that's what I got and they fit me perfectly. I find these a lot easier to get on and off than another make of wraps I've owned and a far better quality, mind you RDX gear always tends to be decent and reasonably priced so no real surprise there.

They give excellent protection on the knuckles and they do support the wrist well if you tighten the strap up properly.

Washed them at 30 degrees and they still look like new, and I reckon these are going to last me quite a while. A well deserved 5 stars guys.

Fusion Brands Poachpod Egg Poacher, Two-Pack, Silicone, Green
Fusion Brands Poachpod Egg Poacher, Two-Pack, Silicone, Green
Offered by Harts Of Stur
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Eggsactly what I wanted!, 4 April 2014
Excuse the pun!

These are just the job for easy poached eggs. I received genuine poach pods, and they do a good job. Simply boil some water in a saucepan and then let it simmer down.

Use a spray oil, like sunflower or olive oil into the pods, and crack open one egg into each. Place them both in the simmering water, place the lid back on the pan and in around 5 minutes you will have lovely poached eggs. No having to use vinegar and spinning water around any more, this is so much easier!

When you are happy with the firmness of your eggs, take the pods out carefully and use a blunt table knife to go around the eggs edge to help remove it, then turn the pod upside down over your plate and the poached egg will drop out nicely.

The pods are real easy to clean, just drop them in the dishwashing bowl with your normal dishes, a quick wipe and they'll be good as new.

They deserve 5 stars so that's what they get.

By the way, did you know that Frenchmen only have 1 egg for breakfast? Apparently one egg is un ouef!

Boom!

Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege
Sniper One: The Blistering True Story of a British Battle Group Under Siege
by Sgt. Dan Mills
Price: 5.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Non-stop Action!, 31 Mar 2014
Sniper One. What a truly excellent book.

Non stop action, page after page, and really well written.

Sgt. Dan Mills explaining in detail many encounters that would scare the living daylights out of most people, with a pinch of added 'squaddie humour' thrown in. I was really sad when I'd finished the book, its that good.

I have the utmost respect for any of our and our Allies Armed Forces and books like this only go to reinforce just what they have to go through, and how good they truly are.

Loved it. Thank you Sgt. Mills, and all that served with you.

Fire Strike 7/9
Fire Strike 7/9
by Paul Grahame
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read., 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Fire Strike 7/9 (Paperback)
Fire Strike 7/9. Wow, I found it hard to put this book down after page 1, non stop action and very well written.

I've read many books about the war in Afghanistan, but none of them gripped me like this one, it just like it takes you right there into the middle of the action. Well almost there.

I won't give any of the story away as that may spoil it for future readers, but if you want to read how modern warfare is conducted using high tech weaponry, and what our lads have to go through on a daily basis, then this is a must read. Can you tell I loved it?

I'm keeping this book and will read it again, its that good.

Enjoy.